Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: McCain Is the Only Hope of the GOP & America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
I don't own a gun and have no authority to execute anyone. That is the government's role. BTW, not all sins are capitol crimes......again you are misrepresenting, on purpose, my position. You seem to have a real problem with the holiness of our God. If He says all homosexuals should be executed who am I to disagree. You have a problem with God but with an relativistic, secular, humanistic government....no problem. They're compassionate.......
Dave, I have no interest in talking to you. The moment you began talking about advocating the execution of sinners I should have found a way to put you on ignore. Please don't advocate the execution of sinners around me. This isn't the Old Testament bro.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

I pay $550/mo for health insurance.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
I pay $550/mo for health insurance.
If America went to a single payer system like Canada you'd not pay that premium. You'd most likely pay an extra $110 to $120 a month in taxes. That means you'd bring home over $255 dollars MORE each month...not to mention you'd have health insurance.

Even businesses are realizing that insurance companies are draining them dry and discovering that they'd pay less in taxes for the national system than this private system. The system as it's designed right now isn't fair on businesses.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Seems that some here have no interest in defending their position when I've advocated capitol punishment by the state for the things that the Scripture deems appropriate punishment. This person seems to have a problem not just with my position but with God. He can tolerate a secular, relativistic, humanistic government but when it come to the edicts of God's word he has a problem. If he was born during OT times what would he have done.....Oh I forgot. It's the same God today.

By the way, I was sent this message:"Dave, I'm letting you know this as a warning of sorts.

I've tried to ignore you and couldn't find where the ignore settings are on this forum. Since I couldn't ignore you I reported you to the administrator for your offensive statements implying that you would support the execution of homosexuals and sinners. Please don't respond to this because I'm not interested in discussion on the matter."

Sounds like a free discussion except when he disagrees. He called me a 'fascist' and other negative terms, misrepresented my position but I guess that's OK.

Oh well. God's word will stand in spite of the both of us.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Bro...what industry do you work in? It's not the same for every industry. Some industries do better when we stop giving tax breaks to companies that send jobs over seas. Some jobs can be gained if we focus on giving tax breaks to companies that stay here. But that stands only in some industries.

I worked in the information technology field. In 2002 the Federal Government begain issuing visas for foreign workers in the technology fields like they were candy. Corporations had a hay day. They started hiring foreign contractors left and right to save money. I was laid off twice one right after the other. The last private job I had I was working for a leading bank in their technical department and they brought in a company from India named Tata. Yep....I could see it happening all over again. I took the job that was offered me by the city and I've worked for the government in account and financial reconciliation since. Who ever is President needs to direct the department of labor not to issue so many senseless visas and only grant them to companies if absolutely necessary. It was a mess bro let me tell you.

I have a different out look on the over seas thing too. One- it is over taxation that sends these companies looking overseas. Two- it is the downfall of the american worker. (I will catch Hades for that one I know)
Sorry but if the american worker wasn't so lazy and evermore feeling like the world owes them something it might be different. Had one under me make the statement "I'll do more for more money".....they don't understand that you have to show me you can do more before I will pay you more. They think they have a right to a paycheck instead of a right to work.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Seems that some here have no interest in defending their position when I've advocated capitol punishment by the state for the things that the Scripture deems appropriate punishment. This person seems to have a problem not just with my position but with God. He can tolerate a secular, relativistic, humanistic government but when it come to the edicts of God's word he has a problem. If he was born during OT times what would he have done.....Oh I forgot. It's the same God today.

By the way, I was sent this message:"Dave, I'm letting you know this as a warning of sorts.

I've tried to ignore you and couldn't find where the ignore settings are on this forum. Since I couldn't ignore you I reported you to the administrator for your offensive statements implying that you would support the execution of homosexuals and sinners. Please don't respond to this because I'm not interested in discussion on the matter."

Sounds like a free discussion except when he disagrees. He called me a 'fascist' and other negative terms, misrepresented my position but I guess that's OK.

Dave I'm not advocating violence against individuals you are.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Dave I'm not advocating violence against individuals you are.
I said I was advocating capitol punishment by the state. This misrepresentation is tiring.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Renewed

Quote:

I understand and agree with most of your position Bro.

Bro. Hall is very , "set in his intelect" shall we say. Thats what I like about the Bible. Science and politics change daily but Gods Word and Ways are forever, amen.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
I have a different out look on the over seas thing too. One- it is over taxation that sends these companies looking overseas. Two- it is the downfall of the american worker. (I will catch Hades for that one I know)
Sorry but if the american worker wasn't so lazy and evermore feeling like the world owes them something it might be different. Had one under me make the statement "I'll do more for more money".....they don't understand that you have to show me you can do more before I will pay you more. They think they have a right to a paycheck instead of a right to work.
I agree, we need to offer more tax breaks to companies that keep jobs in America. I'm not anti-business. If you're generous to a company that keeps jobs here I think that's the right policy. But right now we're giving massive tax breaks to companies who are moving jobs overseas. What I think we should do in my opinion is take away those tax breaks being offered and hit the sale of their product. Make it too expensive to sell their foreign made product in America. Make it cheaper to sell it here if it's made here.

When it comes to national health insurance many businesses are realizing that premiums are becoming more expensive than what taxes they'd pay for the national system. Our current system isn't fair to businesses in my opinion.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
I understand and agree with most of your position Bro.

Bro. Hall is very , "set in his intelect" shall we say. Thats what I like about the Bible. Science and politics change daily but Gods Word and Ways are forever, amen.
Anyone you ever care about denied coverage for a treatment they desparately needed?