Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

POA church is having trinity singer for New years

On front page of POA web site they are having Jason crabb for new years eve tickets on SALE.
weaned on the hymnal and mentored by Bill Gaither himself.
a ‘fan favorite’ at the Grand Ole Opry, appeared regularly on the Gaither Homecoming Series videos, and was honored to sing for the Rev. Billy Graham’s farewell crusade in New York City.

Im sure he's a nice guy, But Doesn't Pentecost have any Jesus Name talent.
We have to pay to see trinity singers???
Old 12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
General Overseer, A.F.N.

Re: POA church is having trinity singer for New ye

And might I ask what is wrong with that, I don't believe Jason is a "trinity" singer as you put it, I believe He is a Christian singer! and as for His commitment to Christ, I happen to know Him personally, have for many many years, and I know where He stands.
Apostolic is an understanding that God has finally and completely revealed Himself to all mankind through His incarnation as Jesus Christ. He has revealed to all a way of life, love and forgiveness that leads to a right relationship with Him and with each other.

~Repairing the Apostolic Church, Apostle W. Carey & Bishop N. Morales
Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Genesis 11:10

Don't go, than you won't have to pay. That was easy.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygo View Post
On front page of POA web site they are having Jason crabb for new years eve tickets on SALE.
a ‘fan favorite’ at the Grand Ole Opry, appeared regularly on the Gaither Homecoming Series videos, and was honored to sing for the Rev. Billy Graham’s farewell crusade in New York City.

Oneness Pentecostals sing in Trinity churches. I believe that Jason is fire Baptized as well.

On a side note T.F. Tenney preaches in Baptist churches and just over the weekend preached at Jentezen Franklin's church. Glory!!!!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Hi newb. If you're trying to drum up criticism of POA, you're going to fail. Evidently you've missed the last 20 years of POA inviting the likes of John Maxwell, Gaither Vocal Band, and others to speak or sing on special occasions. They've even had local and national politicians there to speak.

"We have to pay to see trinity singers???" No, YOU don't have to pay. You don't have to go if you don't want to.

Jason Crabb is a great singer. I would love to hear him or the GVB sing at POA. I'd even pay for it.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:

He Saw Me. - Murrell Ewing. This was with Bill & Gloria Gaither and a bunch of other Trinitarians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_DUxjF1C08

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.

Last edited by navygoat1998; 12-31-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Oneness Pentecostals sing in Trinity churches. I believe that Jason is fire Baptized as well.

On a side note T.F. Tenney preaches in Baptist churches and just over the weekend preached at Jentezen Franklin's church. Glory!!!!
I love TF Tenney. It's great to read/hear how Jentezen regards him as his spiritual father. Franklin's story about meeting Vesta Mangun is great as well.

I have a DVD somewhere of TF Tenney preaching at Franklin's church on Pentecostal Sunday. Tenney and Douglas Klinedinst teamed up that Sunday. Tenney preached on Acts 2:38, then Klinedinst came up at the end and prayed for an outpouring of the Holy Ghost. Wish I could've been there. It was awesome!

Last edited by n david; 12-31-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Don't forget that Jason Crabb has sang at other UPC churhces before. I think he visits and/or frquents on in Jackson, TN. I could be wrong. Either way he and his music appeals to the masses and POA is a large mass of people in the south that his music would appeal to. I'd pay to see him. AM uses everything as a tool to reach the lost. I've heard him sort of ask or think out loud as to weather we are to be judged on what we do against God or what we didn't do for Him, in regards to outreach.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:

This is great news, this is an opportunity for that singer to hear the Apostolic message.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
He Saw Me. - Murrell Ewing. This was with Bill & Gloria Gaither and a bunch of other Trinitarians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_DUxjF1C08
Wonderful!