Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 09-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Invisible Thad

NEWS FLASH! The Cons getting cold Feet?????????????

( ( ( ( NEWS FLASH ) ) ) )

Just heard today that 2 Cons that had previously told their churches that if the resolution Passes, they were leaving UPC. WELL, on second thought, they have recanted this Idea and said they are not leaving after all !!!!!

WHY ????? well, from what i understand, they have been warned that other UPC churches would immediately be planted in their areas making such a decision a threat.

Did anyone see this coming ???? DO you think others will get cold feet ?
Old 09-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Hilarious.

The posturing is over, now is when we see if these men who threaten all of the time will keep their word or not.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Hilarious.

The posturing is over, now is when we see if these men who threaten all of the time will keep their word or not.

Yea this is going to get interesting - I was wondering how some of them were going to add of the cost of the UPC coming in and starting New churches for disgruntled saints to run off to. hehe!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
( ( ( ( NEWS FLASH ) ) ) )

Just heard today that 2 Cons that had previously told their churches that if the resolution Passes, they were leaving UPC. WELL, on second thought, they have recanted this Idea and said they are not leaving after all !!!!!

WHY ????? well, from what i understand, they have been warned that other UPC churches would immediately be planted in their areas making such a decision a threat.

Did anyone see this coming ???? DO you think others will get cold feet ?
Thad you talk as if you can just send a preacher to an area where there's an existing Apostolic church and have a thriving work in a week?

Another thing what you're also saying is that anyone who is an independent is open game for an organization to open a work across the street?

I believe that we have enough sinners to go around and that we should have an Apostolic church on every corner. I love to see Brothers go forward and start works, but saying that if a pastor pulls out that they should be scared of a new work being started? I hardly think that would frighten any seasoned pastor.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 09-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Hilarious.

Is that a good thing? I mean you wouldn't look forward to seeing Brother's walk?
Old 09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Thad you talk as if you can just send a preacher to an area where there's an existing Apostolic church and have a thriving work in a week?

Another thing what you're also saying is that anyone who is an independent is open game for an organization to open a work across the street?

I believe that we have enough sinners to go around and that we should have an Apostolic church on every corner. I love to see Brothers go forward and start works, but saying that if a pastor pulls out that they should be scared of a new work being started? I hardly think that would frighten any seasoned pastor.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

you are right but it doesn't change the fact that some pastors would feel threatend by this especially if the UPC people are dyed in the wool UPC and start missing being apart of the mother ship.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

The idea unfortunately within some Organizations and districts is; if it's not smoke from my chimney then there's no real fire. I actually had a district board ask me to go into a town and start a work across the street from a non-organization church just to compete with them. I refused, and later I met that pastor, and God had granted him great revival, incidentally he later joined the organization.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
The idea unfortunately within some Organizations and districts is; if it's not smoke from my chimney then there's no real fire. I actually had a district board ask me to go into a town and start a work across the street from a non-organization church just to compete with them. I refused, and later I met that pastor, and God had granted him great revival, incidentally he later joined the organization.
That;s really sad
Old 09-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Hilarious.

Agreeing with you!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM

I'm not surprised ... some of these guys have too much invested.