Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Re: Golgotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Brother Blume, do you find that lots of believers have defeatist thinking?
Definitely. Your thoughts?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 04-25-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:39 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Maybe offered what some psychologists have to say about it.
Brother, you need to forget what those frauds have to say. Psychology is nothing but a sham. The only mind healer we need, is Jesus.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post

Brother, you need to forget what those frauds have to say. Psychology is nothing but a sham. The only mind healer we need, is Jesus.
I agree.. I have no interest in what psychologists have to say about understanding.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 04-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Definitely. Your thoughts?
Well... My kids, for example, grew up with daily bible study (still do) and a bible centered upbringing. They often are more bold in faith than I am, to be honest. A lot of old saints I have met have been rock solid in faith, and have often encouraged me when I was in the dumps and wondering "how long, O Lord?" lol.

Most "defeatists" I have met were backsliders, to be honest... they didn't pray, study scripture, or fellowship and had become lukewarm, cold, or callous.

I suppose brand new converts would definitely need solid teaching to increase their faith. And a lot is more "caught than taught", I think. I suppose a church with little or no manifestation of the spirit would lead to defeatist attitudes and lack of faith.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
It's not a sham, it's a scam, intentional. Especially the "psychotherapy" side.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
You obviously didn't read my entire statement:
Maybe offered what some psychologists have to say about it. Then explained how, while they might know the importance of knowing a thing, they don't understand what it is that we should know. Then turn it, a man named Paul does. Explain a bit about Paul, context of some of your texts, and then dig into these texts and their truths. Keep it real. Go deep. But don't equate the place of the skull to being some symbolic place that God wants us to understand as representing the place of understanding. To me, it sounds fanciful and eisogetical. Makes it feel like a sacred myth to accommodate a thought.
I expressed the limitation of psychology.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Banned

I have PTSD. I've benefited from counseling.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

No offence intended, A, but seeking the Lord and seeing His blessings is all we require, really. He's on the throne over all powers. That power is extended toward us. When we're speaking of spiritual things and the bible, we don't need psychology. It may have its place, and I don't doubt it helped you, but it's place is not in biblical discussions.