Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.
Re: The son’s eternal kingdom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Brother, I find your use of terms (like human nature) is different than mine. (1) We will put off mortality and put on immortality (which BTW proves man is NOT immortal at this time). We will be changed in resurrection to be like Jesus in HIS resurrected state.
(2) The other errors pertain to what I see as an erroneous definition of human nature, but I don't want to quibble over mere terms that aren't found in scripture.
(3) I believe Jesus will have the body he has now, forever. As we will retain our resurrected bodies, forever.
(1) Beloved, instead of "human nature", I could have used animal nature, which may be more
appropriate...seeing man was formed on the sixth day, right after the animals.

(2) That's correct: the words "human nature" are not found in scripture. But the term is common.

(3) Perhaps: what He will not have, I believe, is the same type of body we now have...with the
same weaknesses and limitations...even as this world (universe) is limited in space and time.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
(3) Perhaps: what He will not have, I believe, is the same type of body we now have...with the
same weaknesses and limitations...even as this world (universe) is limited in space and time.
Of course. That's the point. the bodies WE NOW HAVE are mortal. But He was raised immortal. Romans 6 says death has no more dominion over him. He will never die. That means He has a body that is now immortal. THAT is the body we shall have. It's the same body He came out of the grave with. THAT is what He has now and what we shall likewise have.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
(1 Actually, man IS immortal; but the body formed from dust is NOT;
The body shall be made immortal , though. That's the point.

Quote:
(2) God CHOSE to manifest thru the body of Jesus Christ, because man had bodies of dust;
But God continued top manifest even moreso through the CHANGED body of Jesus that came out of the tomb. That body continues to manifest GOD. And that is the sort of body we will likewise have in the resurrection. The current mortal body shall put on immortality.

Quote:
(3) NO: we are still "Spirit-men": we lost our lordship;
Same thing, iin my opinion.

Quote:
(4) Yes. our "bodies" go back to the dust; however, the "lost"spirits await their punishment;
Agreed. Not sure of your point, though.

Quote:
(5) Yes, the saved will: in ANOTHER tabernacle;
...which is THIS CURRENT MORTAL ONE that is CHANGED to be immortal. the IT that is sown is the IT that is raised, but a change occurs between the sowing and the raising. That CHANGE is the mortal body being rendered immortal.

Quote:
(6) We were created spirits (Gen 1:26), and then formed from dust, (Gen. 2"7) w/living souls;
I disagree. We came from God's breath (spirits are made from material of heaven) and from dust (bodies made from material of earth) and the combination made a SOUL - (conscious self-aware being).

Quote:
(7) Yes. "...as many as should be saved..." are sons and daughters: and are transforming
their minds (souls) while awaiting the NEW TABERNACLE.
But you said we won't be humans but will be sons of God in the resurrection. So, I retorted saying we ARE sons of God now.

1Jn 3:2 KJV Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Of course. That's the point. the bodies WE NOW HAVE are mortal. But He was raised immortal. Romans 6 says death has no more dominion over him. He will never die. That means He has a body that is now immortal. THAT is the body we shall have. It's the same body He came out of the grave with. THAT is what He has now and what we shall likewise have.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Also, man was created from dust, and BECAME a "living soul". Man was NOT created as an immortal spirit being who then later on entered a physical body. The Bible is clear, God said " FOR DUST THOU ART" not " for dust is your body".

No human is immortal at this time except Jesus Christ. The lost will be destroyed in hell fire, they will not live forever in ANY state or condition.

I disagree totally with your description of the "composition" of the "whole man" and must "call it as I see it," which is that its a whole lot of speculative nonsense, utterly void of any type of scriptural reference to support it. Your explanation is among one of the most tortuous efforts I've occasioned to read wherein someone has attempted to describe God's creation of mankind. Shall we examine the manner in which the language of the Bible explains God's creation of the composite nature of the "whole" man?

In I Thessalonians 5:23 Paul advises us that the "whole" man consists of three distinctly different parts, elements, or components: "spirit and soul and body." Lets examine the manner in which Moses described man's creation in the Genesis record to see how it compares with Paul's description:

Genesis 1:27 states, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Without taking into consideration statements Moses later wrote concerning God's subsequent acts in the completion of His creation of mankind, we must decide which of the three distinctly different parts of man was Moses referring to when he was inspired of God to write these words. Certainly he could not have been referring the "body" of man for God does NOT possess a substantive body. And he could not have been refering to the "spirit," for this word, when defined, simply means "breath" or a "blast of air." Therefore simple common logic and reasoning allows for the conclusion Moses was stating, in essence, that God created the "souls" of both male and female in his own image; implying that this component of every human being possesses the very same attributes or characteristics as God Himself; that is, the soul of man is eternal, invisible, and immortal (will never cease to exist).

A careful examination of the words of Genesis 3:19, wherein God pronounced the judgment of death, can only be interpreted to mean that God was speaking to Adam's "body," and NOT his soul! The soul of man, being a non-substantive element, does NOT have a face that is capable of sweating, and the soul does NOT eat bread! Therefore God was pronouncing judgment upon Adam's body and NOT his soul. The soul of man did NOT come out of the dust, rather it was created by the power of the spoken word of God!

Last edited by Lafon; 05-06-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Lafon, God Himself said "for dust THOU ART".

That's all I need to know. I believe it. Why don't you?

No " tortuous reasoning" involved. I merely quoted scripture and agreed with it.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Also, "soul" is a term referring in many cases to the PERSON. "Adam became a living soul", not Adam "got" a soul.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Lafon, God Himself said "for dust THOU ART".

That's all I need to know. I believe it. Why don't you?

No " tortuous reasoning" involved. I merely quoted scripture and agreed with it.

I didn't think you would understand, but ...... I tried an hoped you would.

In all of your explaining you still have never indicated what element of man God created in His own image!

Sorry that I could not have been of more help to you.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

A person is essentially a soul WITH a body and WITH a spirit.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
I didn't think you would understand, but ...... I tried an hoped you would.

In all of your explaining you still have never indicated what element of man God created in His own image!

Sorry that I could not have been of more help to you.
The BIBLE says "God made man in his own image." It says NOTHING about "what part of man is in the image of God."

If you wish to go beyond what is written that's your business. But I'm a "Bible-only" type of believer. I have no use for doctrines not written in God's Word.

Sorry.

Also, you should notice I didn't explain anything, I just quoted God and let His Word be true and all else be liars.