Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

We live in a new day. One in which the very definition of morality is being rewritten. With that in mind, do you believe the traditional Christian view concerning premarital sex is old-fashioned and outdated?

I hear many educators and social physicians say that sex before marriage is a natural function of adolescence. Popular culture views premarital sex favorably. In fact, there is an EXPECTATION that kids will have sex before they're married.

What do you think? Do you believe premarital sex is okay? Is there any reason teens or unmarried adults should abstain?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

If one is a Christian the Bible is very clear on these matters. Adultery and fornication are dealt with.

I am guessing probably only DAII, Mr. Smith, and Walks In Islam may have a possibly different view than everybody else on AFF. Should be interesting to see the responses to your question!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"

Last edited by CC1; 08-30-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
My Family!

No, he does not approve.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

This is a trick question right?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Go Dodgers!

Of course not

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
This is a trick question right?
LOL!!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

The last time I checked it was called fornication.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Why is it wrong? Is there Bible against it? If there is, does it still apply to us?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

What if your pastor gives you permission ... or better yet ... he tells you to ...

Shall we not submit to our pastors?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
My Family!

I think Charnock is doing an "AFF Test" to see how terrible we all are because we have no morals, hate pastors, God, each other and don't want to be told no.

(tic and from his own accusations)