Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

We Are A Nation In Trouble - Big Trouble WNOP

World Network Of Prayer:

We are a nation in trouble---big trouble. A recent survey showed that a mere 17% of Americans attended church that particular weekend. What happened? Were we all on vacation that weekend or just too busy enjoying the "stuff" which God has blessed us with. What is even more shocking is that we here in America are swiftly following in the footsteps of our friends in the UK where church attendance averages 5 to 6 % any given weekend.

What is even more disheartening as one drives through the cities of the UK, is to observe the increasing number of old classical church buildings that have been sold and turned into restaurants, art museums, and now trending toward Islamic mosques.

If you are like me, you have wept copiously over our great nation of America. The eyes of the world are upon us as they gaze toward in sheer shock at a once great nation that is plummeting down the slippery slope of backslidden-ness. What other nations get by with, we cannot, for we are custodians of the truth of the Apostles. Revelation 18:9-10 may be applicable in a certain sense, "And the kings of the earth . . . shall bewail her when they see her burning . . . (10) standing afar off for the fear . . . (11) and the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her."

Jeremiah wept over his nation in Jeremiah 7:28 "But thou shalt say unto them, 'This is a nation that obeys not the voice of the Lord their God nor receives correction; truth is perished and is cut off from their mouth. 8:5 "Why is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit; they refuse to return . . . (6) no man repented of his wickedness, asking 'What I done?'"

Jeremiah continues his monologue in Jeremiah 8:12 "Were they ashamed when they abomination? No! They were at all ashamed, nor could they even blush; therefore they shall fall among them that fall in the time of their judgment and shall be cast down." As Jeremiah observed the societal trends, it personally affected his emotions as he stated in Jeremiah 8:18. "When I would have comforted myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me." True intercessors are emotionally moved by their observations which actually is God transferring His emotions into your emotional system in order that you might intercede more effectively. Jeremiah 10:19 "Woe is me for my (emotional) hurt! My wound is grievous, but I said, 'Truly this is a grief, and I MUST BEAR IT.'" There you are, all of you great intercessors across the world. Turn to Jeremiah 10:19 and place your name among the truly great intercessors of all times. "And I must bear it!"

All of you intercessors are grieved "in the Spirit". Who would have ever thought that our decline would have come so swiftly? It is much like the vortex of a hurricane as the centripetal suction draws everything down with it at the center of the storm.

Jeremiah laments in 9:1 "Oh that my head were waters and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain . . ." His only consolation was this: Jeremiah 10:10 "But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God, and an everlasting King; at His wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide His indignation."

A time of weeping is presently sweeping through God's people. Some of you have asked, "Why do I weep so easily?" Just as the OT prophets felt the burden of the LORD or the heart of God within their emotions, so do you. Habakkuk 1:1 "The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see. (2) How long shall I cry and You don't hear! Even cry out unto You of the violence and You will not save. Jeremiah 10:19 . . . and I must bear it."

Blessings!

Thomas Suey
International Coordinator
World Network of Prayer
Old 08-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Re: We Are A Nation In Trouble - Big Trouble WNOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falla39 View Post
World Network Of Prayer:

We are a nation in trouble---big trouble. A recent survey showed that a mere 17% of Americans attended church that particular weekend. What happened? Were we all on vacation that weekend or just too busy enjoying the "stuff" which God has blessed us with. What is even more shocking is that we here in America are swiftly following in the footsteps of our friends in the UK where church attendance averages 5 to 6 % any given weekend.

What is even more disheartening as one drives through the cities of the UK, is to observe the increasing number of old classical church buildings that have been sold and turned into restaurants, art museums, and now trending toward Islamic mosques.

If you are like me, you have wept copiously over our great nation of America. The eyes of the world are upon us as they gaze toward in sheer shock at a once great nation that is plummeting down the slippery slope of backslidden-ness. What other nations get by with, we cannot, for we are custodians of the truth of the Apostles. Revelation 18:9-10 may be applicable in a certain sense, "And the kings of the earth . . . shall bewail her when they see her burning . . . (10) standing afar off for the fear . . . (11) and the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her."

Jeremiah wept over his nation in Jeremiah 7:28 "But thou shalt say unto them, 'This is a nation that obeys not the voice of the Lord their God nor receives correction; truth is perished and is cut off from their mouth. 8:5 "Why is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit; they refuse to return . . . (6) no man repented of his wickedness, asking 'What I done?'"

Jeremiah continues his monologue in Jeremiah 8:12 "Were they ashamed when they abomination? No! They were at all ashamed, nor could they even blush; therefore they shall fall among them that fall in the time of their judgment and shall be cast down." As Jeremiah observed the societal trends, it personally affected his emotions as he stated in Jeremiah 8:18. "When I would have comforted myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me." True intercessors are emotionally moved by their observations which actually is God transferring His emotions into your emotional system in order that you might intercede more effectively. Jeremiah 10:19 "Woe is me for my (emotional) hurt! My wound is grievous, but I said, 'Truly this is a grief, and I MUST BEAR IT.'" There you are, all of you great intercessors across the world. Turn to Jeremiah 10:19 and place your name among the truly great intercessors of all times. "And I must bear it!"

All of you intercessors are grieved "in the Spirit". Who would have ever thought that our decline would have come so swiftly? It is much like the vortex of a hurricane as the centripetal suction draws everything down with it at the center of the storm.

Jeremiah laments in 9:1 "Oh that my head were waters and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain . . ." His only consolation was this: Jeremiah 10:10 "But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God, and an everlasting King; at His wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide His indignation."

A time of weeping is presently sweeping through God's people. Some of you have asked, "Why do I weep so easily?" Just as the OT prophets felt the burden of the LORD or the heart of God within their emotions, so do you. Habakkuk 1:1 "The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see. (2) How long shall I cry and You don't hear! Even cry out unto You of the violence and You will not save. Jeremiah 10:19 . . . and I must bear it."

Blessings!

Thomas Suey
International Coordinator
World Network of Prayer

This was (past tense) a Christian nation at one time.

When the church falls asleep the country goes astray.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
This was (past tense) a Christian nation at one time.

When the church falls asleep the country goes astray.
Just curious. At what point or time (be exact) was this Nation a Christian Nation?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotforSale View Post
Just curious. At what point or time (be exact) was this Nation a Christian Nation?
How can he be exact? Like it stopped being a Christian nation at this year, this month, this week and this day at exactly this time?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Officially, by treaty, we are not and have never been (see attached).

The Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11, 1796.

Sadly, the "Mussulmen" didn't keep their side of the treaty and U.S. Marines were dispatched to the "Shores of Tripoli" (1801-1805) to rescue the hostages (slaves).

The U.S. has always considered herself a "nation of Christians." Jews have historically had some trouble emigrating here up until the latter part of the 19th Century. Muslims were practically unheard of until we started to dump tremendous amounts of our wealth on their shores along with our Marines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (21.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
How can he be exact? Like it stopped being a Christian nation at this year, this month, this week and this day at exactly this time?
November 4, 1796. How's that? I'm not certain of the time as the treaty was signed in Algiers. However, the treaty itself purports that the U.S. was never a nation founded on the Christian faith. President John Adams signed it and the United States Senate ratified it with that language.

Last edited by pelathais; 08-25-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned

Just because a person doesn't attend a traditional "church" it doesn't mean that they are not faithful members of the body of Christ. I know a handful of saints who meet regularly at a coffee shop to share, fellowship, pray for each other, and even read their Bibles together... they don't attend a church building. Discussion is free flowing and edifying. I know families that would rather study the Bible independently using internet resources, books of their own, etc. than sit quietly in church and spoon-fed by a preacher giving his monologue. I know a man who is an honest-to-God "prophet" who hasn't attended church in years. He used to be a baptist pastor in NT but now "house churches". God revealed Oneness to him and the Acts 2:38 experience. Although he doesn't believe in a "formula" for baptism. When he baptizes someone he doesn't repeat a "formula"... they pray and call on the name of Jesus together when the candidate is baptized. He teaches hard against any kind of "formula", though he emphatically calls upon the name of the Lord.

There are still MANY "Christians" in America. It's just "the Church" is slowly abandoning traditional "church".
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Rev stated that this "Was" a Christian Nation. That means there has to be some sort of reference point. If we can't measure the distance of when or where, then this analogy is deeply flawed.

Too many people say things without thinking about what they are saying. IMO, this is typical Religious rhetoric, making it sound like that those from yesterday were somehow more "Holy" or focused on God than people today.

If a reference point is given, we can then look into History and research the "Facts", putting made up ideas to rest.

I just have to chuckle when people think that this Nation WAS a Christian Nation. When; when Slaves were traded, abused, and murdered? When blacks were lynched and segregated? When Indians were slaughtered, and their land stolen from them? When Women's rights were virtually non-existent? When Heroin, cocaine, and other hard core drugs were legal? When people were hung on the gallows without a trial? When prostitution, gambling, and gun slinging were mainstays in this Country?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Rev stated that this "Was" a Christian Nation. That means there has to be some sort of reference point. If we can't measure the distance of when or where, then this analogy is deeply flawed.

Too many people say things without thinking about what they are saying. IMO, this is typical Religious rhetoric, making it sound like that those from yesterday were somehow more "Holy" or focused on God than people today.

If a reference point is given, we can then look into History and research the "Facts", putting made up ideas to rest.

I just have to chuckle when people think that this Nation WAS a Christian Nation. When; when Slaves were traded, abused, and murdered? When blacks were lynched and segregated? When Indians were slaughtered, and their land stolen from them? When Women's rights were virtually non-existent? When Heroin, cocaine, and other hard core drugs were legal? When people were hung on the gallows without a trial? When prostitution, gambling, and gun slinging were mainstays in this Country?
Our Declaration of Independence and Constitution are based on Christian teachings. The textbook of these teachings in the Holy Bible. It is the "Owners Manual" or "The Book of Instructions" for our nation. The Founding Fathers and many others in position of authority ever since have recertified that fact. "America is a Christian nation." This does not mean that all the people were or are Christian. It merely means that there was a Christian consensus and all our founding documents, laws, moral codes and institutions are based on Christian principles from the Bible.

The 10 commandments were even found in some court rooms. Why? Because that was the moral code for most of the people.

The bible was used for a text book in the early schools, but no longer.

There is a group of people who hate Jesus Christ and have done every thing they can to put him out of our consciousness.

The elite have had a plan for a long time to destroy Christianity and they are doing a superb job of doing just that.

Last edited by Rev; 08-25-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Our Declaration of Independence and Constitution are based on Christian teachings. The textbook of these teachings in the Holy Bible. It is the "Owners Manual" or "The Book of Instructions" for our nation. The Founding Fathers and many others in position of authority ever since have recertified that fact. "America is a Christian nation." This does not mean that all the people were or are Christian. It merely means that there was a Christian consensus and all our founding documents, laws, moral codes and institutions are based on Christian principles from the Bible.

The 10 commandments were even found in some court rooms. Why? Because that was the moral code for most of the people.

The bible was used for a text book in the early schools, but no longer.

There is a group of people who hate Jesus Christ and have done every thing they can to put him out of our consciousness.

The elite have had a plan for a long time to destroy Christianity and they are doing a superb job of doing just that.
“I do not believe that the Constitution was the offspring of inspiration, but I am as satisfied that it is as much the work of a Divine Providence as any of the miracles recorded in the Old and New Testament.”

“[T]he only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government is the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by means of the Bible.”

“The Bible, when not read in schools, is seldom read in any subsequent period of life… [T]he Bible… should be read in our schools in preference to all other books because it contains the greatest portion of that kind of knowledge which is calculated to produce private and public happiness.”

-----Benjamin Rush

Benjamin Rush was one of the youngest signers of The Declaration of Independence