Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-29-2015, 03:50 PM
Administrator

$50 - $75 To Attend UPC General Conference!

I had planned on attending one night of the 2015 United Pentecostal Church General Conference that is going to be held in Nashville, TN September 22-25.

I went to the UPCI website to see what the cost would be as I knew they had started charging admission a few years ago and was shocked to find that you can't just pay to attend one night but apparently must pay $50.00 if you register early or $75.00 after the end of August to attend ANY church services (seminars and the exhibit hall are free).

I find this kind of odd. I would have thought you would make the church services free and charge for the seminars!

I was willing to pay $20 to visit one night but I cannot see paying $50 for myself of $100 for me and my wife if she chose to go the one night.

Clearly they are aiming to keep this a closed event to outsiders as I don't think any visitors will be coughing up $50 to attend a church service.

I realize a large event like this costs a lot of money these days for the rental of the auditorium, sound system, etc and could see a reasonable charge of $10 per night $30 for all three but $50 or $75 is unreasonable in my humble opinion.

Here is the actual wording from the registration section;

Online registration for General Conference 2015 is open!

"Early registration is $50 per person 18 and older. Registration is required to attend the church services. Registration is not required to attend the seminars and exhibit hall."
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"

Last edited by CC1; 07-29-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

They have a core who idolized the UPC and would pay $200-$300 for Gen Conference.

Everyone else knows the UPC. is just another church org, one of thousands, and its ridiculous to charge concert prices yo get into a church service.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

"Early registration is $50 per person 18 and older. Registration is required to attend the church services. Registration is not required to attend the seminars and exhibit hall."
"Apostolic Revival!!!!!!" at $75/head for a church service?

Did they confuse Simon Peter for Simon Magus?
Old 07-30-2015, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Re: $50 - $75 To Attend UPC General Conference!

You used to be able to purchase a ticket for one service, but if I recall it was only done at the conference location. The last service used to be free. Is it no longer?
Old 07-30-2015, 12:59 AM
Yeshua is God

"Silver and Gold I have none" Peter

Well too bad Peter you can not come into the church.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I had planned on attending one night of the 2015 United Pentecostal Church General Conference that is going to be held in Nashville, TN September 22-25.

I went to the UPCI website to see what the cost would be as I knew they had started charging admission a few years ago and was shocked to find that you can't just pay to attend one night but apparently must pay $50.00 if you register early or $75.00 after the end of August to attend ANY church services (seminars and the exhibit hall are free).

I find this kind of odd. I would have thought you would make the church services free and charge for the seminars!

I was willing to pay $20 to visit one night but I cannot see paying $50 for myself of $100 for me and my wife if she chose to go the one night.

Clearly they are aiming to keep this a closed event to outsiders as I don't think any visitors will be coughing up $50 to attend a church service.

I realize a large event like this costs a lot of money these days for the rental of the auditorium, sound system, etc and could see a reasonable charge of $10 per night $30 for all three but $50 or $75 is unreasonable in my humble opinion.

Here is the actual wording from the registration section;

And they will probably still take up an offering

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:35 AM
Registered Member

If you live far away and wish to attend the cost would be out of sight.

Gas, motel, registration, meals...........no money left for souvenirs

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 07-30-2015, 01:35 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

50-75 bucks to attend a church service?

Wow, I don't think even Benny Hinn tried to pull that off...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-30-2015, 01:41 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

How can this be good? In any possible way?

I mean, this isn't just some inconvenience, or bad decision making on somebody's part. This is... stunning.

Am I so out of touch with today's new fangled world that I am shocked, but without reason?

Does this bother anyone? Is this not a sign of the times?

Am I the only one who feels this is rather ominous?

Imagine... a world where even the top apostolic ministry orgs... are controlled by Satan, pimping apostasy in increasingly less-subtle ways...

Is there no fear of God anymore???

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-30-2015, 01:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Apparently the PAW charges 55-85 bucks to go to this years Convention.

Wow. Just wow.