Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
What has he thrown out?
I asked that 2...no answer yet. Standards? Maybe some...doctrine? Not that I'm aware of.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

I'm going to take a guess that most of what Pentecost knows about KP comes from hearsay and not from actually knowing the man.

The more I learn of KP, the more I like the man. I was emailing with a friend of mine who's from TX . . . apparently men from Promiseland are very involved and help with the UPCI's "Church in a Day" program in that area. That says a lot about KP's integrity and character. For a man that's been consistently demeaned and looked down on by conservatives in general - he's not responded in kind, but in fact has been very generous to the organization years after being forced to leave.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Traveling the Road of Infraction ......

Finally a thread that even I cannot make more inane.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic_resolve View Post
I'm going to take a guess that most of what Pentecost knows about KP comes from hearsay and not from actually knowing the man.

The more I learn of KP, the more I like the man. I was emailing with a friend of mine who's from TX . . . apparently men from Promiseland are very involved and help with the UPCI's "Church in a Day" program in that area. That says a lot about KP's integrity and character. For a man that's been consistently demeaned and looked down on by conservatives in general - he's not responded in kind, but in fact has been very generous to the organization years after being forced to leave.
As I said before, I really don't know the guy at all. I hope PentecostisAlive comes back. I'm curious about the mechanics involved in a case like KP's. Is he said to have "watered down" the doctrine simply because he left the UPC? Then can the same be said of those that are planning on leaving right now? Are they "watering down" the message?

What exactly does one do to be guilty of "watering down" the message?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentecostisalive View Post
I just found something interesting. Pastor Steve Fender (http://www.livingwaychurchsa.org/) preached at Promiseland Church and mentioned how that Anthony Mangun (he calls him a good friend) had swayed the conference floor in Tampa, FL.

There are couple interesting things.

1) He states that 30 years ago that God placed a vision for using TV in his and KP's heart, and it is the same vision that AM has. He attributes the results to Kenneth Phillips reverbrating influence.

2) He was present on the floor of GC. (I hope he didn't vote)

You can see this for yourself at:
mms://66.232.148.34/Oct1st-7743V.wmv (or http://www.promiselandchurch.net/content/view/112/167/)

If you start watching at 1 hr and 12 minutes in, you will see it.

Quote:
The charismatics are rejoicing because we are coming their way. It is sad, especially when you look at these men and their churches, and realize that same mistakes they made, UPCI is also repeating
This is a sad sas sad way of thinking.

What on earth is so bad about any one doing something different than what is traditional UPCI.UPC is training wheels for the new believer, but one day the wheels come off and UPC lets go and the child of God rides on by the leading of Gods Spirit.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic_resolve View Post

Give a

You are right CR. There are alot of people that form ideas of people based only on the hearsay of other people. They have an impression of someone that they have not ever met. The truth is that happens alot even beyond this situation.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymis View Post
Finally a thread that even I cannot make more inane.
You offer a criticism but nothing of substance. Isn't that the very definition of "inane?"

And you play the passive/aggressive game by implying that you're capable of being "inane- but just not as "inane" as everyone else. Again, that's inane.

Do you have anything of substance to share? Just asking.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
You offer a criticism but nothing of substance. Isn't that the very definition of "inane?"

And you play the passive/aggressive game by implying that you're capable of being "inane- but just not as "inane" as everyone else. Again, that's inane.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

Pel,

He is just a wascally wabbit.... His substance is actually greater, when he chooses not to be inane, than any other poster on this forum... even you and you are quite substantive.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Hello AFF!

What on earth is so bad about any one doing something different than what is traditional UPCI.

UPC is training wheels for the new believer, but one day the wheels come off and UPC lets go and the child of God rides on by the leading of Gods Spirit.