Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
It's backwards if it doesnt fit YOUR mold ???
Whether you call it forward or backward, it is a move in the opposite direction of the way the old PCI men came.

Do you believe that they were being led of God when they came out of the Baptist or other denominations and began to preach the Acts 2:38 message?

If so, how do you justify this departure from fellowship with the Apostolic church and movement toward having more in common with baptists and charismatics than Apostolics?

You're going backward, dude.
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Thanks Phil.... right back at ya.
Why thank you sir. I thought it was a very balanced statement. It has to be one or the other doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
You make some of the wimpiest replies!

I guess my question would have to be the one Johnny James likes to ask those he perceives as being in reverse...

"Were you wrong then or are you wrong now?" You can't be right both times!
I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today ....
Old 02-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
You make some of the wimpiest replies!

I guess my question would have to be the one Johnny James likes to ask those he perceives as being in reverse...

"Were you wrong then or are you wrong now?" You can't be right both times!
Exactly.

This is pathetic.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Would abortionists and murderers qualify from your side of the field... if in fact we are on a field and actually on different sides of it.

I think backslider is mild compared to conservatives being referred to as having the spirit of abortion and murdering unborn children or new born children INTENTIONALLY.

What do you think?

And NO that is not what CS is trying to say. He is saying that those who once embraced the PAJC perspective and now are claiming salvation at repentance have backslidden from the truth they once held dear.
I NEVER said all conservatives were this way. I said there is an element in our movement that is this way. And whlie I said last night that I didn't feel it was intentional - I have heard of many super dee duper fruitcakes who masquerade as conservatives that claim to love back-door revivals. What is that, if not spiritual abortion and murder?

Lets get real here! I believe the basic tenants of our doctrine in a huge way.
But I don't drink the Kool-Aid some would like me to. To equate my statements as an abandonment of core doctrine is a huge distortion of the truth.

As for the new breed of the PCI, I am not connected to it, don't understand it, and have never one time identified myself with it.

My question is this: Which is worse, ignoring basic doctrinal tenants, or continually adding new junk and equating it with the gospel?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
Exactly.

This is pathetic.
I think I need to change my tagline again to 'pathetic backslider'
Old 02-23-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Whether you call it forward or backward, it is a move in the opposite direction of the way the old PCI men came.

Do you believe that they were being led of God when they came out of the Baptist or other denominations and began to preach the Acts 2:38 message?

If so, how do you justify this departure from fellowship with the Apostolic church and movement toward having more in common with baptists and charismatics than Apostolics?

I'll see you in Glory ... CS ... along w/ some others you'd rather not invite ....
Old 02-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

I had a father that came from the PCI. In fact when Goss became GS he asked my father to take his church. From listening to my father I can say that he would basically agree with the essence of CS's post.

- Groucho Marx
Registered Member

Quote:
I have to chuckle when I see these modern backsliders calling themselves adherents of the "PCI" doctrine.

They don't have any more in common with the old PCI men than modern liberal democrats do with the architects of the New Deal. They both claim a connection with a heritage they have absolutely nothing in common with, and simply want to trade on a name that is respected.

The men of the PCI were mostly men who had come out of denominations that were trinitarian, and had received a revelation of Truth.

They preached their revelation with such passion and fervor that no one would have known by their preaching that they differed from the PAJC men, for the most part.

This was because they had made a move toward Truth and revelation.

They loved this New Birth, Oneness Message.

This new breed are a totally different kettle of fish.

They are moving away from Truth.

They are embarassed to be associated with strong doctrinal men. They would rather identify with those proclaiming an easy-believism message than with the Apostolic church.

So when you try and get them to discuss the doctrine of salvation, they spout clouds of obfuscatory smoke about how it is Jesus who saves, and it is a journey, and blah blah blah.

Nothing solid.

And they call themselves adherents of the "PCI Doctrine."

Well, the men of the old PCI would probably be ashamed to claim them, because they came out from long and deeply rooted belief systems and sold out to preach this Jesus Name message. It cost them something to be able to say "I'm one of them," as the old song says.

Most of these slack-jawed compromisers could preach all day, and if you ran their message through a centrifuge, you couldn't distill half an ounce of good doctrine, nor figure out how to be saved.

PCI?

Yep.

Pathetic Compromising Ingrates.

Now, if that isn't clear enough, let me know and I will try and dial it down a little better for you.

Quote:

This is what bugs me about Reformed Dave. I didn't know Daniel was baptist now. Or is he?