Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Go Dodgers!

Is Obama's Pastor

I have heard others suggest Obama's Pastor is a racist and his church, an afro centric church, is racist.

Being Afro-Centric is not necessarily racist though. However I find these comments disturbing

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

"In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01," he wrote on page 7. "White America and the Western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared,' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring Black concerns."

Obama says he is "proud" of Wright and values their 20-year friendship.
Though Wright has nurtured Obama's political career as a close adviser and mentor, the Democrat presidential hopeful says they don't agree on everything. Wright married Obama and baptized his daughters.

"He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest," Wright said. "Minister Farrakhan will be remembered as one of the 20th and 21st century giants of the African-American religious experience."
Wright then held Farrakhan up as a pillar of "integrity."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=59887

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Re: Is Obama's Pastor

I heard a lot of these quotes last week and must say, most disturbed me. To Obama's credit, I heard it reported in the mainstream press that he is distancing himself from his pastor because of these statements. I recall also hearing that Pastor Wright was supposed to be on stage with Obama when he announced his candidacy and was glaringly absent. Supposedly a last minute decision to scratch him from the announcement.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
I heard a lot of these quotes last week and must say, most disturbed me. To Obama's credit, I heard it reported in the mainstream press that he is distancing himself from his pastor because of these statements. I recall also hearing that Pastor Wright was supposed to be on stage with Obama when he announced his candidacy and was glaringly absent. Supposedly a last minute decision to scratch him from the announcement.
The only thing I heard is he distanced himself from "The Honorable Minister Farrakhan"

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
The only thing I heard is he distanced himself from "The Honorable Minister Farrakhan"
Apparently, Sean Hannity had the Reverend Wright on his TV show recently. I heard excerpts from that interview on his radio program last week. I am strictly quoting from what I heard there. Kind of like Thad
Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Black Supremacy White Supremacy all sin.All of these teachings are hogwash.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

FYI

Barack Obama is a member of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Its minister, and Obama's spiritual adviser, is the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. In 1982, the church launched Trumpet Newsmagazine; Wright's daughters serve as publisher and executive editor. Every year, the magazine makes awards in various categories. Last year, it gave the Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to a man it said "truly epitomized greatness." That man is Louis Farrakhan.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneEyre View Post
FYI

Barack Obama is a member of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Its minister, and Obama's spiritual adviser, is the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. In 1982, the church launched Trumpet Newsmagazine; Wright's daughters serve as publisher and executive editor. Every year, the magazine makes awards in various categories. Last year, it gave the Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to a man it said "truly epitomized greatness." That man is Louis Farrakhan.
I am in a rush and can't call it up but "google" Obama's church web site. Check out the organizations they support and read their beliefs. Very few whites are as racist as this church admits to being.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I wanna live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosby48 View Post
Very few whites are as racist as this church admits to being.

And on that note I must leave this thread....what country do YOU live in! Very few whites are racists....out of control.

And now I bow out. I cant read this trash anymore.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
And on that note I must leave this thread....what country do YOU live in! Very few whites are racists....out of control.

And now I bow out. I cant read this trash anymore.
hey mercy, sincerely i am curious, what do you mean you have to leave, i am from the south have seen racism my whole life, believe me i understand it, many whites are racist no doubt, but are they the only ones capable of that, genuinely curious on your thoughts, god bless, dt
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosby48 View Post
I am in a rush and can't call it up but "google" Obama's church web site. Check out the organizations they support and read their beliefs. Very few whites are as racist as this church admits to being.
very few? LOL.

no excuse for the overt racism from Trinity church and its pastor, but to say that there arent many whites as racists as this pastor is about as accurate as ray charles shooting a .22 pistol at a quail.