Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 10-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Re: We're losing it.

More than 2,500 years ago a prophet of God named Zechariah was given visions which portrayed the spiritual condition of the society of mankind inhabiting the earth in the last days. These visions were described through various symbols, as noted in Zechariah Chapter Six wherein various colored horses (which represented spirits emanating from the throne of God in the invisible heavens) being dispatched into various regions of the earth. To properly comprehend the spiritual condition of the peoples residing in the northern hemisphere of the earth, I think one must consider that which we're told about those horses (spirits) that would be sent into this region:

"Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country." (Zechariah 6:8, KJV)

Ever wonder why missionaries who deliver the gospel in the southern regions of the world report such greater success in their efforts to the inhabitants there to be saved than do those who preach the gospel in the northern hemisphere? Could it be because those who live in the "south country," a region of the world we commonly refer to as the "third world" nations, are more receptive to the gospel message than we who reside in the more prosperous "north country"? Just saying.....

A "One God Apostolic Pentecostal" preacher delivering the good news of the gospel in any of the 3rd World nations, generally report converts numbering in the hundreds or even thousands. Yet, when that same preacher delivers that same message to the peoples living in the "north country" are often hard pressed to realize only a "handful." Why the difference? Could it be because the peoples of the "north country" (where the Spirit has been quieted by a more abundant prosperity) think of themselves as being self-sufficient, and who are more highly educated, believe that they do not need God? Just saying.....

Last edited by Lafon; 10-04-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Interesting Lafon.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
More than 2,500 years ago a prophet of God named Zechariah was given visions which portrayed the spiritual condition of the society of mankind inhabiting the earth in the last days. These visions were described through various symbols, as noted in Zechariah Chapter Six wherein various colored horses (which represented spirits emanating from the throne of God in the invisible heavens) being dispatched into various regions of the earth. To properly comprehend the spiritual condition of the peoples residing in the northern hemisphere of the earth, I think one must consider that which we're told about those horses (spirits) that would be sent into this region:

"Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country." (Zechariah 6:8, KJV)

Ever wonder why missionaries who deliver the gospel in the southern regions of the world report such greater success in their efforts to the inhabitants there to be saved than do those who preach the gospel in the northern hemisphere? Could it be because those who live in the "south country," a region of the world we commonly refer to as the "third world" nations, are more receptive to the gospel message than we who reside in the more prosperous "north country"? Just saying.....

A "One God Apostolic Pentecostal" preacher delivering the good news of the gospel in any of the 3rd World nations, generally report converts numbering in the hundreds or even thousands. Yet, when that same preacher delivers that same message to the peoples living in the "north country" are often hard pressed to realize only a "handful." Why the difference? Could it be because the peoples of the "north country" (where the Spirit has been quieted by a more abundant prosperity) think of themselves as being self-sufficient, and who are more highly educated, believe that they do not need God? Just saying.....
Affluence and prosperity generally lead to a hardening of people's hearts against the gospel. At least that's what it seems like.

Also, the third world societies are not as inundated with 1)non-stop mass media programming resulting in near-comatose mental states being the norm in society, and 2)utterly failed 'public education' systems designed to destroy what culture and society is left.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Affluence and prosperity generally lead to a hardening of people's hearts against the gospel. At least that's what it seems like.

Also, the third world societies are not as inundated with 1)non-stop mass media programming resulting in near-comatose mental states being the norm in society, and 2)utterly failed 'public education' systems designed to destroy what culture and society is left.
I don't disagree with that. But if this is what the preacher was talking about, maybe he should have spelled it out a bit. "We're losing it. Come out of Babylon". I had no idea what he was trying to say.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 05-12-2022, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

"...how to come out of Babylon (the Confusion)...?

I beseech you, brethren, by the NAME of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you ALL speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that you ALL be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

The salvation of the whole world has been enclosed in one NAME, Jesus: For there is none other NAME under heaven, given among men., whereby we must be saved." It is NOT the name of your church, your denomination, or your religion; nor is it found in the name of you apostle, prophet, or any spiritual leader. We are to be washed by the blood of God's son, in repentance, and we are then offered the Promise of salvation: He that believes AND is baptized SHALL BE saved...; then, "Whosoever calls upon the NAME of the Lord SHALL BE saved...; again: "...baptizing them in the NAME of the Jesus Christ for ther remission of sins and you SHALL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit; for the PROMISE is unto you, and to your children...".
Our sins are remitted by the blood of "...the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world...", but the blood is applied in the NAME of the Lord!
If you believe the above declarations, you do well; if you do not, you remain in your confusion...in Babylon!
Old 06-06-2022, 04:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: We're losing it.i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
"...how to come out of Babylon (the Confusion)...?

I beseech you, brethren, by the NAME of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you ALL speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that you ALL be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

The salvation of the whole world has been enclosed in one NAME, Jesus: For there is none other NAME under heaven, given among men., whereby we must be saved." It is NOT the name of your church, your denomination, or your religion; nor is it found in the name of you apostle, prophet, or any spiritual leader. We are to be washed by the blood of God's son, in repentance, and we are then offered the Promise of salvation: He that believes AND is baptized SHALL BE saved...; then, "Whosoever calls upon the NAME of the Lord SHALL BE saved...; again: "...baptizing them in the NAME of the Jesus Christ for ther remission of sins and you SHALL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit; for the PROMISE is unto you, and to your children...".
Our sins are remitted by the blood of "...the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world...", but the blood is applied in the NAME of the Lord!
If you believe the above declarations, you do well; if you do not, you remain in your confusion...in Babylon!
The problem is, there is "more to the story".

Matthew 28:18-20 KJV
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

"Easy believe-ism" isn't limited to modern antinomian so-called "evangelicals". It affects Pentecostals as well. The idea that "gettin folks saved" is the key thing, with everything else being of secondary (or even no) importance, is one of the main reasons everything is the way it is. Especially when the truth is that "getting saved" is NOT about undergoing whatever the preferred initiation ritual is (whether it's "ABC repeat after me" or whether it's "Be baptized in xyz manner" or any other rite). Getting saved is about this:

Matthew 1:21 KJV
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

What are sins?

1 John 3:4 KJV
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Next verses describe "being saved":

1 John 3:5-10 KJV
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. [6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. [7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. [8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

So, coming out of Babylon is more than undergoing the preferred initiation rituals of a religious movement. It involves REAL ACTUAL CONVERSION FROM BEING A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW TO BEING AN OBEDIENT STUDENT OF JESUS CHRIST and THEREFORE a REGENERATED CHILD OF GOD WHO ACTUALLY PRACTICES WHAT GOD'S HOLY LAW PRESCRIBES.

(Not saying you don't know that, just pointing it out to the readers who may have been brainwashed by Babylon's religious system of modern-day pseudo-christianity.)

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf