Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
missdkendall's Avatar
missdkendall missdkendall is offline
"Mercy Walked In"


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 632
You know nothing about the LORD

Hey everyone. I have some new girls in my Sunday school class. They range from 10-13. These girls have never know Pentecost but are really excited about learning. I am trying to think of lessons I can teach them without the parents getting mad and saying we are forcing "holiness" and "pentecost" on them. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,
Missy
__________________
www.firstpt.org
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,562
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Missy,
I pray everything goes well. It would be best that you follow the direction of the Lord and not any suggestions from the Forum. God has a direction and knows each heart. All situations are unique. There is no way we could know what they need.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2008, 03:50 PM
missdkendall's Avatar
missdkendall missdkendall is offline
"Mercy Walked In"


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 632
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Missy,
I pray everything goes well. It would be best that you follow the direction of the Lord and not any suggestions from the Forum. God has a direction and knows each heart. All situations are unique. There is no way we could know what they need.
True, only the Lord knows what they need. However, there have to be some good Bible lessons for newbies. Maybe it is a prayer and fasting situation for me.
__________________
www.firstpt.org
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,562
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
True, only the Lord knows what they need. However, there have to be some good Bible lessons for newbies. Maybe it is a prayer and fasting situation for me.
Only you know that. One thing that might be good is if you have an open session where they can ask questions. Any answers you are unsure of you could put that aside to study a little more and give the answer the following Sunday. That is a good way to start out with any new people.

You are in my prayers!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2008, 04:00 PM
missdkendall's Avatar
missdkendall missdkendall is offline
"Mercy Walked In"


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 632
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Only you know that. One thing that might be good is if you have an open session where they can ask questions. Any answers you are unsure of you could put that aside to study a little more and give the answer the following Sunday. That is a good way to start out with any new people.

You are in my prayers!
I think that sounds like a great idea
__________________
www.firstpt.org
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,562
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
I think that sounds like a great idea
Let us know how it works out for you. Praying!

BTW, some of the students might rather write their question on a piece of paper and place it in a box so that no one knows who asked the question. Just ignore the stupid ones. You will get those too! lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-20-2008, 04:02 PM
missdkendall's Avatar
missdkendall missdkendall is offline
"Mercy Walked In"


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 632
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Let us know how it works out for you. Praying!
I will for sure
__________________
www.firstpt.org
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-2008, 02:21 PM
COOPER's Avatar
COOPER COOPER is offline
Hello AFF!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amarillo, Tx.
Posts: 3,611
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
Hey everyone. I have some new girls in my Sunday school class. They range from 10-13. These girls have never know Pentecost but are really excited about learning. I am trying to think of lessons I can teach them without the parents getting mad and saying we are forcing "holiness" and "Pentecost" on them. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,
Missy
I would teach them the Easter Story.....Basic and Beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
missdkendall's Avatar
missdkendall missdkendall is offline
"Mercy Walked In"


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 632
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPER View Post
I would teach them the Easter Story.....Basic and Beautiful.
Ya know what? I decided to do that last night when I was studying Great minds think alike Coop
__________________
www.firstpt.org
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
COOPER's Avatar
COOPER COOPER is offline
Hello AFF!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Amarillo, Tx.
Posts: 3,611
Re: You know nothing about the LORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
Ya know what? I decided to do that last night when I was studying Great minds think alike Coop
Atta Girl!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The blessing of the LORD... Barb Fellowship Hall 13 05-04-2008 06:13 PM
A message from the Lord Rev Fellowship Hall 7 01-09-2008 04:07 PM
The Name of the Lord Arphaxad Deep Waters 12 09-15-2007 08:13 PM
THE JOY OF THE LORD - How you get it! gowinsouls Fellowship Hall 5 06-06-2007 12:25 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.