Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: WPF-what now

My sense is that Anthony Mangun realizes that his calling is to be a pastor and not a religious bureaucrat. I don't think a man can be faulted for knowing his place and staying there.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Mangun would have taken the UPC into an even faster downward spiral of anything goes. Whatever happened to Holiness and separation from the world? Church is supposed to be full of God not a production and surely not a
family business.
I agree with something here. I will say they have gone liberal as far as fellowshipping with Trinitarians. They are even endorsing Trinitarian pastors like Jentezen Franklin, and revival amongst Trinitarian groups. He may preach holiness and separation, but haven't shown it since the 90's. They have made the whole thing into a stage production. All I can say if David Bernard can't help the UPCI, it's on a crash course to become the next AG. But Anthony Mangun, would've done nothing to help that. I'll go with Apostolic1ness on this besides the church thing. Even though they speak of POA as its their God.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Banned

I think AM would encourage open fellowship between us and the other Pentecostal groups if he became Prime Minister. I don't think that it necessarily be a good thing and it might actually turn out to be a horrible thing! But does anyone else find it hard to look at the other Pentecostals as our enemy?
Old 06-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
I think AM would encourage open fellowship between us and the other Pentecostal groups if he became Prime Minister. I don't think that it necessarily be a good thing and it might actually turn out to be a horrible thing! But does anyone else find it hard to look at the other Pentecostals as our enemy?
also open fellowship with trinitarians, charismatics, the Clintons and so on
Old 06-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
also open fellowship with trinitarians, charismatics, the Clintons and so on

Yeah...AM didnt cut Bill any slack from what I heard. He apparently gave him a dressing down in his office with Gentry in the room.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I agree with something here. I will say they have gone liberal as far as fellowshipping with Trinitarians. They are even endorsing Trinitarian pastors like Jentezen Franklin, and revival amongst Trinitarian groups. He may preach holiness and separation, but haven't shown it since the 90's. They have made the whole thing into a stage production. All I can say if David Bernard can't help the UPCI, it's on a crash course to become the next AG. But Anthony Mangun, would've done nothing to help that. I'll go with Apostolic1ness on this besides the church thing. Even though they speak of POA as its their God.
It's all a matter of when not if. The future generation of Pentecostals will remain conservative compared to their worldly peers but certainly not to previous generations. It'll happen in WPF, ACI, etc. until you have some totally unknown obscure group who holds on to 1950 standards.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

This criticism of Anthony Mangun is rubbish. The man has not once backed down from the doctrine of oneness or the new birth.

With Tommy Tenney in the front row, Jentezen Franklin sitting with other speakers at the home going service of Bishop Tenney, Anthony Mangun exhorted Tenney's children to hold on to the doctrine their father told them. To remember "hear, oh Israel, our God is one; and beside Him there is no other." To remember "repent and be baptized in that name. Hold on to those doctrines."

In his appearance on TBN, Anthony did much the same - promoted the oneness, apostolic message.

I am saddened that Bishop Tenney is gone. He was an incredible ambassador for oneness apostolics.

Apparently some here would have us build a wall from upon which we can look down and hurl stones at those, like Jentezen, who don't believe everything as we do.

I don't believe we should compromise the message, but we should not be afraid to sit with them and, like Bishop Tenney, use prayer and counsel to try to influence them and bring them into the truth.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
This criticism of Anthony Mangun is rubbish. The man has not once backed down from the doctrine of oneness or the new birth.

With Tommy Tenney in the front row, Jentezen Franklin sitting with other speakers at the home going service of Bishop Tenney, Anthony Mangun exhorted Tenney's children to hold on to the doctrine their father told them. To remember "hear, oh Israel, our God is one; and beside Him there is no other." To remember "repent and be baptized in that name. Hold on to those doctrines."

In his appearance on TBN, Anthony did much the same - promoted the oneness, apostolic message.

I am saddened that Bishop Tenney is gone. He was an incredible ambassador for oneness apostolics.

Apparently some here would have us build a wall from upon which we can look down and hurl stones at those, like Jentezen, who don't believe everything as we do.

I don't believe we should compromise the message, but we should not be afraid to sit with them and, like Bishop Tenney, use prayer and counsel to try to influence them and bring them into the truth.
All I want to say is simply "how has that been working out?" If you want to build a bridge to the trinitarians teach them Acts 2:38. If they can't see it they can't be saved anyway. Compromising and blending in with them is not the answer. If they are still going to do the same thing and stay in false doctrine, fellowshipping in ministry would be like going a long side someone who sold drugs, or ran prostitution! If you find it unethical to put someone on a platform that did those things, someone who teaches false doctrine is the same. It's Spiritual adultery. Now I'm not saying don't love them, but I'm totally against being supportive of them. Talking about they are having revival. It can't be a revival where the truth is not being given that in itself is a holocaust not a revival.

There should be a line, but they get real chummy with them. Just like Elder Westberg said about them even inviting John Maxwell to have a seminar on church growth, he said John Maxwell is a ordained Wesleyan minister and the methodists are dying out. To call him to have a seminar for church growth is asinine, plain ridiculous!

That whole stance started in the 90's and look at it now, its getting out of control. With TFT gone I believe we are going to see it change again. Mark my words we haven't seen the worse of that situation yet.

Do you endorse this?
https://www.jentezenfranklin.org/salvation

This is far from he doesn't see things the same as us bro.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 06-06-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
All I want to say is simply "how has that been working out?" If you want to build a bridge to the trinitarians teach them Acts 2:38. If they can't see it they can't be saved anyway. Compromising and blending in with them is not the answer. If they are still going to do the same thing and stay in false doctrine, fellowshipping in ministry would be like going a long side someone who sold drugs, or ran prostitution! If you find it unethical to put someone on a platform that did those things, someone who teaches false doctrine is the same. It's Spiritual adultery. Now I'm not saying don't love them, but I'm totally against being supportive of them. Talking about they are having revival. It can't be a revival where the truth is not being given that in itself is a holocaust not a revival.

There should be a line, but they get real chummy with them. Just like Elder Westberg said about them even inviting John Maxwell to have a seminar on church growth, he said John Maxwell is a ordained Wesleyan minister and the methodists are dying out. To call him to have a seminar for church growth is asinine, plain ridiculous!

That whole stance started in the 90's and look at it now, its getting out of control. With TFT gone I believe we are going to see it change again. Mark my words we haven't seen the worse of that situation yet.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
All I want to say is simply "how has that been working out?" If you want to build a bridge to the trinitarians teach them Acts 2:38.
I have a DVD of Bishop Tenney and Douglas Klinesdinst preaching Acts 2:38 on Pentecost Sunday from several years ago. In his message at the going home celebration of Bishop Tenney, Mangun ended exhorting Tommy and the entire Tenney family to remember and follow the doctrine their father told them. He quoted Deuteronomy 6:4 and Acts 2:38 in front of Tommy and Jeannie. And you want me to believe he's a compromiser and tries to "blend in." Please.

Quote:
Compromising and blending in with them is not the answer.
Who's compromising or blending in? You haven't a clue what you're talking about. Give me an example in which Mangun, Bishop Tenney or any other oneness minister has compromised or blended in.

Quote:
Just like Elder Westberg said about them even inviting John Maxwell to have a seminar on church growth, he said John Maxwell is a ordained Wesleyan minister and the methodists are dying out. To call him to have a seminar for church growth is asinine, plain ridiculous!
Church growth? Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Maxwell didn't teach a church growth seminar. He was at POA to teach a leadership seminar. There's a difference. Also, I was there at BOTT following Maxwell's seminar. Maxwell stayed for the first night and heard Bro. Urshan and Mangun preach. Neither of whom compromised or tried blending in.

Quote:
Of course I don't endorse the sinner's prayer as salvation. That doesn't mean Bishop Tenney or Mangun should shun him.

Stop hiding your light.

Give me one example you have of Mangun or Bishop Tenney compromising or trying to blend in.

Last edited by n david; 06-06-2018 at 02:23 PM.