Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-30-2018, 11:04 PM
FlamingZword's Avatar
FlamingZword FlamingZword is offline
Yeshua is God


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,158
Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

OK so far we have found 63 gospels of Matthew without a trinitarian text ending.

I started the collection back in 1999 with just 1 gospel of Matthew which committed the trinitarian ending, but little by little we have been able to find many more.

so this means that I am not alone in saying that the original Matthew read "in My name" instead of the triune phrase.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2018, 05:39 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 34,253
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
OK so far we have found 63 gospels of Matthew without a trinitarian text ending.

I started the collection back in 1999 with just 1 gospel of Matthew which committed the trinitarian ending, but little by little we have been able to find many more.

so this means that I am not alone in saying that the original Matthew read "in My name" instead of the triune phrase.
Where are the 63 manuscripts? I would like you to post where we can see the fragments of Papyrus, or whatever you have available as physical evidence. It is puzzling that your first post is just making a baseless claim. Like, “63 Unicorns have been found at the end of the rainbow.” Where are the Unicorns? We are happy for your excitement. But, you can’t expect us to be excited without credible, tangible, evidence of manuscripts.
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2018, 07:24 AM
Scott Pitta's Avatar
Scott Pitta Scott Pitta is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wisconsin Dells
Posts: 2,554
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

There are zero Greek manuscripts of the book of Matthew with a variant reading of Mt. 28:19. No not one.

There may have been at one time. But there none in existence today.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2018, 07:32 AM
Aquila Aquila is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 31,124
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Where are the 63 manuscripts? I would like you to post where we can see the fragments of Papyrus, or whatever you have available as physical evidence. It is puzzling that your first post is just making a baseless claim. Like, “63 Unicorns have been found at the end of the rainbow.” Where are the Unicorns? We are happy for your excitement. But, you can’t expect us to be excited without credible, tangible, evidence of manuscripts.
You can't tell me unicorns don't exist. lol

Last edited by Aquila; 08-31-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2018, 07:54 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 34,253
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
There are zero Greek manuscripts of the book of Matthew with a variant reading of Mt. 28:19. No not one.

There may have been at one time. But there none in existence today.
Saying maybe at one time cannot be used as a source. There were Dinosaurs at one time. We can say that because we have tangible, physical evidence. So, 63 what exactly?
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2018, 10:58 PM
Jason B Jason B is offline
Saved by Grace


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Decatur, TX
Posts: 5,246
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Where are the 63 manuscripts? I would like you to post where we can see the fragments of Papyrus, or whatever you have available as physical evidence. It is puzzling that your first post is just making a baseless claim. Like, “63 Unicorns have been found at the end of the rainbow.” Where are the Unicorns? We are happy for your excitement. But, you can’t expect us to be excited without credible, tangible, evidence of manuscripts.

I second this, where are they? Are they Greek, Syriac, Coptic, or Traders Village? If they exist, I'm unaware. Admittedly though I am a novice on the different kinds of manuscripts and their datings, styles, unicals, etc. I just don't have the patience or interest to get too deep into that particular field. However, a claim like "63 manuscripts" demands tangible evidence if not explicit proof, or it means absolutely nothing.
__________________
"Resolved: That all men should live to the glory of God. Resolved, secondly: That whether or not anyone else does, I will." ~Jonathan Edwards

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Steven Avery Steven Avery is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,101
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I second this, where are they? Are they Greek, Syriac, Coptic, or Traders Village? If they exist, I'm unaware. Admittedly though I am a novice on the different kinds of manuscripts and their datings, styles, unicals, etc. I just don't have the patience or interest to get too deep into that particular field. However, a claim like "63 manuscripts" demands tangible evidence if not explicit proof, or it means absolutely nothing.
My conjecture is that, if the claim is true, it simply means that more copies of the middle ages Shem Tov Evan Bohan (The Touchstone), an anti-missionary Hebrew polemic that included his ultra-corrupt Matthew, were found.

However, he did not speak of manuscripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
OK so far we have found 63 gospels of Matthew without a trinitarian text ending.
So he might be including things like 20th and 21st century Gospels written by people who did not include the traditional ending (which is not trinitarian, it is simply scripture than actually is a linch pin of apostolic doctrine.)

Last edited by Steven Avery; 09-01-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 34,253
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

This whole argument is based on conjecture. Did Eusebius really mean that Matthew 28:19 omitted the traditional ending? No, but was emphasizing the true meaning of the verse. As One God Apostolics the traditional ending is more important to us than to the Trinitarian. Because it doesn't just say in His name. But that it shows the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost all being one in the same. Also those who believe that Matthew was originally penned in Hebrew not only to bring doubt to Matthew but to the whole New Testament.
__________________
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past. " ~ George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-17-2018, 09:34 PM
FlamingZword's Avatar
FlamingZword FlamingZword is offline
Yeshua is God


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,158
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

OK we have now passed over 65 gospels of Matthew we have found without the Trinitarian formula. the more research we do, the more the numbers increase.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 21,383
Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
OK we have now passed over 65 gospels of Matthew we have found without the Trinitarian formula. the more research we do, the more the numbers increase.
List them, please.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Counterfeit Gospels Socialite Fellowship Hall 4 12-05-2010 07:51 AM
What if all we had was the Gospels? Timmy Deep Waters 18 11-08-2010 06:51 PM
Lost gospels KWSS1976 Fellowship Hall 12 04-08-2009 10:13 AM
In the Four Gospels why do they Differ concerning the Resurrection... revrandy Fellowship Hall 2 01-22-2008 05:26 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by Esaias
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.