Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

View Poll Results: Fellowship, Organization, or Cult
Fellowship 14 25.00%
Organization 30 53.57%
Cult 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2008, 08:44 AM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Re: District Puts WPF on Notice

sounds kinda like a good ol' stalemate to me. I understand Scotty's POV and he makes some good points here and there but on balance if we were to take a vote i'd vote for cc1.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
My responses are short and address only a little of your posts because I am at work! I am trying to do due diligence to my job but respond to some of your very lengthy posts as I can.

You are completely predictable though as I see in your last post you used the old tactic of declaring that anything you post I don't respond to must be correct then. Good grief. Trying to discuss things with you is like trying to debate a Junior High school know it all.

I enjoy reparte' but will not continue to discuss with you if you are going to just resort to this kind of nonsense.

Talking about respect how about respect enough (not to mention common sense and maturity) to not make asinine statements like anything I don't respond to I must be conceding youare right.

Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps not everyone responds to every point of every post you make because your posts are long and many of the points are not worth responding to? This statement is disrespectful and not one I would normally make but your idiotic theory that someone not responding to every point in your posts deserves the truth as disrespecful as that may be (and we all know how much you hate disrespect).

*sigh*

what ever you say
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_PoMo View Post
sounds kinda like a good ol' stalemate to me. I understand Scotty's POV and he makes some good points here and there but on balance if we were to take a vote i'd vote for cc1.
At least you see the points in question.

I don't want a vote, I don't think it should have to be voted on.

Why can't the body of Christ simply understand that God may convict some differently than He convicts others without judging ones relationship with God as being false?

"It's just skin tone, thats all. Same flesh, same bone, same soul, just a different color." -- Herman Thomas, Arkadelphia High School. speech on racism.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 03-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Here is another post from one who believes as you.

"I can also remember going water skiing with a boat load guys (no gals allowed) and we wore blue jeans and long sleeve shirts.

Then one day I'm sure I heard God say, snap out of it stupid...you are embarassing me."

Amazing huh? Why not just say, "I don't beleive I have to adhere to that anymore" Then my thought would be , hey if that is what God convicted him of then that is between him and God.

What if I said this in reverse. I don't know , something like:

"I used to not shave, had long hair, wore shorts, and went to the beach with women till one day God said to me, " Hey stupid , you are embarassing me"

Man I bet backlash would be 5 pages long, and I'm pretty sure you would lead it off.
I don't have a problem at all with a conservative going on about how wonderful their corporate legalism and extra biblical standards are. They have their point of view and are perfectly in their rights to express any ephiphonies of the evils of cut hair, makeup, short sleeves, etc as they see fit.

I also reserve the right to think that women riding horses, water slides, snow skiing, and jet skiiing in skirts is ridiculous and does not bring one iota of "glory to God" but rather brings undo ridicule upon the church.

I very well remember those joyus youth get togethers at the ice skaing rink where our young ladies had skirts on the outside of insulated coveralls. Good grief.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Renewed

Quote:
I don't have a problem at all with a conservative going on about how wonderful their corporate legalism and extra biblical standards are. They have their point of view and are perfectly in their rights to express any ephiphonies of the evils of cut hair, makeup, short sleeves, etc as they see fit.

I also reserve the right to think that women riding horses, water slides, snow skiing, and jet skiiing in skirts is ridiculous and does not bring one iota of "glory to God" but rather brings undo ridicule upon the church.

I very well remember those joyus youth get togethers at the ice skaing rink where our young ladies had skirts on the outside of insulated coveralls. Good grief.
Well , then I am done.

I will pray for you brother, I don't how you can be so condeming and truly believe you are in tune with God...your insults are a joke and show you for who you are, I don't know who that is but they are not very Christ like.

Good day to you

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Good day to you also! It looks like here in TN we are going to have that odd great day that has sprung up about once every couple of months this winter. It is supposed to be 74 and sunny today so I am going to work like the dickens and try to get enough work done to shut down early and take my motorcycle out for a nice ride about 3 pm!!! It has been about two or three weeks since our last nice day I got to ride.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Scotty,
I have come to the conclusion that there are those that rather than hear any constructive criticism would rather heap accusations on the criticizer since that is so much easier to handle that the criticism.
Quote:

Was that your example of "constructive criticism", 'cause I wuz just wonderin'?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Was that your example of "constructive criticism", 'cause I wuz just wonderin'?
Absolutely Pressing-Onry!!!!

This thin skin when it comes to discussing the merits, logic, biblical basis of old time Pentecostal sacred cows has to stop.

As you know I try to be diplomatic and not offesnsive 97.3% of the time. However that other 2.7% of the time is an important part of the discussion and my posting.

I am not going to be intimidated by someone who gets their itty bitty little feelings hurt if someone says some old time Pentecostal standard is foolish to them and does not make sense.

Scotty tried to act like us mean ole liberals are just crucifying all those sweet standards keeping old time Pentecostals when that is just not true (and we all know what things that are untrue are).

I can respect people who keep things I consider silly but it doesn't mean I have to respect that standard they keep. It is their choice and I don't try to nag people constantly and try to convert them when I see them doing it. I will however discuss what I think about it and the merits of it on AFF. If someone doesn't want their sacred cows openly discussed they should not come here.

If Scotty wants to post observations from the ultra con or conservative side that would be akin to the ones liberals make here I am all for it. Here are a few I envision;

"I just came from the mall and was apalled at all of the sexy elbows I saw! Oh the shame of all of those heatherns causing each other to lust. Not to mention the knees on those women!!!!!"

or

" It is the craziest thing in the world for some lib Pentecostal woman to think God can see her through that mask of her makeup or would bless her with a sleeveless dress on".

Old 03-13-2008, 11:12 AM

Very interesting discussion ... HILARIOUS IF YOU ASK ME ...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Senor Gunsmoke

Quote:
Absolutely Pressing-Onry!!!!

This thin skin when it comes to discussing the merits, logic, biblical basis of old time Pentecostal sacred cows has to stop.

As you know I try to be diplomatic and not offesnsive 97.3% of the time. However that other 2.7% of the time is an important part of the discussion and my posting.

I am not going to be intimidated by someone who gets their itty bitty little feelings hurt if someone says some old time Pentecostal standard is foolish to them and does not make sense.

Scotty tried to act like us mean ole liberals are just crucifying all those sweet standards keeping old time Pentecostals when that is just not true (and we all know what things that are untrue are).

I can respect people who keep things I consider silly but it doesn't mean I have to respect that standard they keep. It is their choice and I don't try to nag people constantly and try to convert them when I see them doing it. I will however discuss what I think about it and the merits of it on AFF. If someone doesn't want their sacred cows openly discussed they should not come here.

If Scotty wants to post observations from the ultra con or conservative side that would be akin to the ones liberals make here I am all for it. Here are a few I envision;

"I just came from the mall and was apalled at all of the sexy elbows I saw! Oh the shame of all of those heatherns causing each other to lust. Not to mention the knees on those women!!!!!"

or

" It is the craziest thing in the world for some lib Pentecostal woman to think God can see her through that mask of her makeup or would bless her with a sleeveless dress on".

You're just bitter!

I will not be what I am.