Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
because of his race, buchanan, disrespect, gop, obama

Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Re: "Your Boy"--GOP Does It Again!

Friends-the black man who lives across from me in the trailer court hates Obama. He will not repeat what he says. So, it is not possible for insults to be a race matter.
As for my voting- God gave me two jobs this week, I have been out of work for 27 months and God supplies me not obama.
Obama has done nothing for me, so he will not get my vote.
deafdriscoll
PS. our soul has no skin color.It is just our outside appearance.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Daqwood,

Are you illiterate?

What does you post have to do with the subject of this thread?

Maybe you were waiting for a thread that mentions race to spout your off-subject rant.
Nope. I'm not illiterate. Just a little puzzled by a thread such as this. I've enjoyed reading your posts (agreeeing or not) in the past. But this one has me surprised...
Old 08-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
For the record I'm independant. Don't like the us verses them thing.
Same here. Mudslinging from both sides is ridiculous...
Old 08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Finally ? The black 19 year old young man I gave blessings to 8 months ago to date my 17 yr old white daughter was just over last night. And he comes over for dinner most every night.

I have not always agreed with your political stances and some I have, but I have always respected your objectiveness on most political subjects. I have never had a problem with race other than my hatred for racism. I see it on both sides of the fence. My problems with Obama are far more important than color.

If your ever up Little Rock way, drop me a line. The wife makes a mean Lasagna. Heavy on the meat and cheese, light on the noodles.

Scotty,

If you and your family ever come to Orlando to visit Disney, please let me know so that I can buy the tickets for you at the Florida resident rate.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Nope. I'm not illiterate. Just a little puzzled by a thread such as this. I've enjoyed reading your posts (agreeeing or not) in the past. But this one has me surprised...
Just so you know, I deleted the are you illiterate part-- it was unnecesarilly rude on my part.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:38 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
What I implied was terrible and should not have been aimed at everyone on AFF.

I've only met you once (I think), but from what I remember my anger would not be directed at you.

My frustration with who used to be my fellow Republicans can be compared to my frustration with denominal "Apostolics". Much of what the Republican party stands for I can agree with.

It's the other stuff (racial) that causes me to renounce being a Republican.

seriously Jermyn, since you have been on this board, you have made the claim that you are conservative, and yet you have voted for and advocated for Barak Obama and every liberal position he has taken. It may very well be true that at some point you were a repbulican. I believe that. But you are not now, nor have you been, so long as I have posted with you an actual conservative.

and if you are painting all conservatives with the Pat Buchannon brush, well that is just offensive. The guy wrote an entire book on how bad it is that white people are losing America. You think serious people take Pat seriously? really? dude is an MSNBC hack.

How about you post a thread on how you wont support democrats for calling the Tea Party terrorists? how about that?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Dagwood,

Why are you puzzled?

Do you not see the disrespect that President Obama is enduring?

Do you not see that his race is part of why he is being so disrespected?

Do you not hear the multiple allusions to race or sometimes even his race when matters are being discussed?

Even in your response, you clearly insinuated that Hoy Spirit filled Black Democrats are Democrats just so that they can depend on the government.

But you don't see how that is offensive and not true?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
seriously Jermyn, since you have been on this board, you have made the claim that you are conservative, and yet you have voted for and advocated for Barak Obama and every liberal position he has taken. It may very well be true that at some point you were a repbulican. I believe that. But you are not now, nor have you been, so long as I have posted with you an actual conservative.

and if you are painting all conservatives with the Pat Buchannon brush, well that is just offensive. The guy wrote an entire book on how bad it is that white people are losing America. You think serious people take Pat seriously? really? dude is an MSNBC hack.

How about you post a thread on how you wont support democrats for calling the Tea Party terrorists? how about that?

I've been on this board since before President Obama was elected.

I have clearly expressed my disagreement with some of President Obama's policies and Democrat stances on numerous occasions.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Just so you know, I deleted the are you illiterate part-- it was unnecesarilly rude on my part.
No worries. It's all good. And, I'm certainly not implying anything "racist" from my initial response. My apologies if it came across as such. When I see or hear of people (especially people of faith) that speak of their support for a president such as the one we have now, alarm bells start going off. I don't know what else it will take for the common people to wake up and realize what's going on. Am I saying Repubs are exempt? Most certainly not. As I quoted and responded to above, I'm independent. I don't identify with either major party. I take a little from here and a little from there and vote accordingly.

As I said, too, earlier I've enjoyed previous posts by you. Hopefully, I'll continue doing so, even when they differ from my views/beliefs...
Old 08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
I've been on this board since before President Obama was elected.

I have clearly expressed my disagreement with some of President Obama's policies and Democrat stances on numerous occasions.
Jermyn, I love you my brother. I do not remember any political discussions before the election. I do remember you siding with Obama at that time.

I have not seen any serious examples of you disavowing the policies of the president with maybe the exeption of abortion.

But on point here, are you seriously saying that Pat Buchannon actually speaks for the conservative movement in this country?

and that is your reason for not being conservative any more?

REally???