Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Biblical guide for a "church service"

This is the Biblical guide for a proper NT church service that would be pleasing to the Lord....

#1 - No speaking in tongues were to be allowed without an audible interpretation:

If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in [those that are] unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

Sounds like a Pentecostal service to me............ everyone speaking in tongues at the same time all over the buildings or around the Altar.....Paul rebukes you and commands the churches of God not to participate in such childishness

# 2 - There should be Prophesying - is there Prophesying in each of your services in Pentecost?

But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or [one] unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

# 3 - Revealing of the secrets of peoples hearts should be revealed in the services - this is what Bro. Branham did and the Pentecostals said it was witchcraft --

And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on [his] face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

#4 - There should be limited music and singing

How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm

#5 - There should be very limited speaking from among the congregation as in testimonies

How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a Doctrine

# 6 - There should be very limited speaking in tongues

How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a tongue

# 7 - Everything done in the service should be for the maturing of the body

Let all things be done unto edifying.

# 8 - No more than three messages in toungues should EVER be given, thus heavily discouraging the Pentecostal over use of tongues -

If any man speak in an [unknown] tongue, [let it be] by two, or at the most [by] three, and [that] by course; and let one interpret.

# 9 - There should never be tongues without an interpretation

and let one interpret.

#10 - There should be silence rather than tongues if there is no one used in the gift of interpretation

But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

#11 - There should be words of knowledge and wisdom.. and these should be judged before presented to the church

Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

#12 - You should be still and hold your peace

If [any thing] be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

#13 - The church is the place for learning

For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

#14 - There should be no out of control emotions... and the thinking that God has taken over you and you cannot help yourself

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

#15 - There should be nothing that would look like confusion, nothing out of control, nothing fleshly

For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

#16 - The service should be a peaceful setting

For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

#17 - There should be no women bringing forth the Word of God

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

#18 - Finally, nothing should ever be fleshly or demonstrative -- nothing should be out of godly order

Let all things be done decently and in order

If your services do not operate by the above guide given to us by Paul...are we in rebellion to Gods Word?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Biblical guide for a "church service"

Are you an actor Dr. Vaughn?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Dr. Vaughn thinks we have to accept his interpetation of Paul's instructions to be correct. Dr. Vaughn Branham did not follow any of these. So what's with that?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Are you an actor Dr. Vaughn?
I don't see the purpose of your question
Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Bro... Eply there was no interpretation.. I posted the scriptures plainly,, they need no interpretation.....

Please share where Bro. Branham violated these scriptures
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

Thank goodness he forgot about the not getting drunk during communion part.

At least we still have that !!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
You are called unto liberty

DV, I have to ask. You signed up here at AFF 2 days ago and already have 350 posts, do you have a life outside of the internet?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encryptus View Post
Thank goodness he forgot about the not getting drunk during communion part.

At least we still have that !!!

Brother you would love our church,,, we use real wine... and we use the common cup... so lots of drinking going on here... see I don't take all the fun out of church
Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Bro... Eply there was no interpretation.. I posted the scriptures plainly,, they need no interpretation.....

Please share where Bro. Branham violated these scriptures
On the church order tape he said for there to be NO tongues-interpetations-prophecies in a church service.
Paul said FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES and Branham forbade to speak with tongues. I believe Paul and reject Branham.

The he turned around and violated his own orders! So that meant it was for everyone but him.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
DV, I have to ask. You signed up here at AFF 2 days ago and already have 350 posts, do you have a life outside of the internet?
Daniel, I do... luckily I'm in a position to where I can play as long as I want... and I'm enjoying the discussions... I will get bored before long and get back to life..... also I have been stuck at a hospital for three days with nothing but my laptop.... my wife is in the hospital recovering from a blood clot... so theres not much for me to do but look at the walls