Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Re: Tithes

What do you mean by " I believe in paying tithes."

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 07-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I believe in tithing, but should people be ran off or forced out of church for not paying a full 10%
I think he is saying that it shouldn't be mandatory. Thank God that their are tithers. many are the reason for heated and cooled bldgs., utilities, provide for the ministry, and a lot of other unnoticed expenses. Tithing should be taught as well as every other commandment of the old testament, but we need to teach it in the right context. We are no longer bound by the law, but by the Spirit.

The law teaches us how to live the minimum, but the Spirit leads us to live at the maximum. The ministry must first be a example to the flock.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I think he is saying that it shouldn't be mandatory. Thank God that their are tithers. many are the reason for heated and cooled bldgs., utilities, provide for the ministry, and a lot of other unnoticed expenses. Tithing should be taught as well as every other commandment of the old testament, but we need to teach it in the right context. We are no longer bound by the law, but by the Spirit.

The law teaches us how to live the minimum, but the Spirit leads us to live at the maximum. The ministry must first be a example to the flock.
There are many churches that don't tithe. They have the same amenities you speak of.

Go here on tithing----->

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 07-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

You surely may open up a can of worms on that statement.

Oh my!

Go here on tithing----->

Old 07-28-2015, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
You surely may open up a can of worms on that statement.

Oh my!
If you read the full and proceeding statement, it shouldn't open a can of worms.

Quote:
Tithing should be taught as well as every other commandment of the old testament, but we need to teach it in the right context. We are no longer bound by the law, but by the Spirit.
I agree.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
If you read the full and proceeding statement, it shouldn't open a can of worms.

I agree.
So why should we teach tithing food items since we are not bound by the law?

Here we go again!!!

Go here on tithing----->

Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There are many churches that don't tithe. They have the same amenities you speak of.
You are correct. I don't teach mandatory tithing. Although, there are still many who commit to doing it. God will bless people that give by faith. Those who go beyond the minimum are usually the reason the gospel goes forth. I don't think you have to make mandatory amounts if people are spirit led. There will always be enough. Although, people must be taught some methods of giving for practicality.

I many times give my 2 children 1 dollar a piece. I teach them that they need to tithe any money they receive personally. If I didn't teach them a method to give they could grow up thinking a dollar is the acceptable amount. There are many adults who feel no necessity in giving. Just as we appoint personal times of prayer and fasting, a mature Christian will have a baseline method of giving. Of course this is not forced on anyone and the teacher must be right in the sight of God for his methods and motivations.

People must me taught about giving and that principle is clear in the word of God.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:

G. S. the Law has NO bearing on the believer that is walking in the Spirit....Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

The Law is for sinners...1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Therefore, let the unrighteous SINNERS, under the Law tithe

Last edited by Sean; 07-28-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Banned

Howbout this scripture-less lie that has been perpetrated among us....

"Tithing is an eternal moral principle"

LOL
Old 07-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So why should we teach tithing food items since we are not bound by the law?

Here we go again!!!
The people in the OT where either farmers or herdsman. These where the things that people considered wealth in the Bible. People don't raise food but they buy food today. The argument you present is legalistic, since I am not advocating mandatory tithing for salvation. As I have already said, it should be taught in context.

If someone is seeking an office in the church, isn't it valuable to know whether they are found faithful?