Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-06-2018, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Re: End Time Revival? Prove it...

If your looking for the coming of a perfect church it's not going to happen. Him presenting a blameless church unto Himself, has to do with what He's speaking of Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Don't believe me,look close at Ephesians 5:27 "That He Might Present It To Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

Now verse 26 does say "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word"; but with that said it equates in, but He's the one presenting us. The text says He's the one that's sanctifying us, cleansing us, and washing us with water by the word. I realize this is speaking of a husband and a wife, but this is speaking of imitating Jesus and His love for His church, His betrothed bride. I'm not saying you shouldn't do anything I see that in 2 Peter 3:10-14 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. [14] Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." This is the strongest admonition we have on Eschatology. So we should be diligent, but He is the one who presents it. Not us, so looking for a perfect church will never happen in this dispensation. So that cant be what the scripture is saying.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 06-06-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
If your looking for the coming of a perfect church it's not going to happen. Him presenting a blameless church unto Himself, has to do with what He's speaking of Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Don't believe me,look close at Ephesians 5:27 "That He Might Present It To Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

Now verse 26 does say "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word"; but with that said it equates in, but He's the one presenting us. I'm not saying you shouldn't do anything I see that in 2 Peter 3:10-14 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. [14] Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." This is the strongest admonition we have on Eschatology. So we should be diligent, but He is the one who presents it. Not us, so looking for a perfect church will never happen in this dispensation. So that cant be what the scripture is saying.
And this is why there must needs be a move of God greater than weve ever seen. If the attitude "we can never be perfect" is the best todays "Apostolic" Churches have been able to instill in its people they certainly are not the Church that will be a bride for the Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
And this is why there must needs be a move of God greater than weve ever seen. If the attitude "we can never be perfect" is the best todays "Apostolic" Churches have been able to instill in its people they certainly are not the Church that will be a bride for the Lord Jesus Christ.
No on ever said "we can never be perfect." What was said is there will never be a coming perfect church.

Righteousness is desiring more than anything to be right before God. Now, with that said it's only He who can cause us to be righteous. It's all about hunger and desire. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled." Now, who is it Brother Michael that fills us? The same one who will "present us to HIMSELF a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

Now, we should hunger and thirst after being a perfect church. I'm not advocating laziness, that's the opposite of dilligence as the Apostle Peter speaks in 2 Peter 3:14. But, you saying the church isn't there is also the opposite of it too, at best that's from a root of doubt, bridging upon unbelief.

This great falling away happened already, and is happening, and is going to happen. From the 380 ad until 1901 they fell away. There couldve been small cells of people that were saved, but thats a great falling away. Now where the truth is readily available we see people still falling away, and its only going to get worse. For the trying that comes upon this earth will be the greatest ever. That even the very elect could be deceived.

With that said anytime there's a falling away, or there's persecution there will be great revival (even if for a small group). "Where sin abounds, grace does much more abound." We see the effect of persecution throughout the whole book of Acts. When the enemy comes in like a flood the Lord will raise up a standard against him. Persecution will perfect the church.

If you want to know what's wrong with the church in America, lack of desperation, they are too comfortable. Not only that they are taught to not doubt their salvation. Not by Apostolic churches (for the most part anyway.) but most have not a need. They believe they are in comfort, and rich; not knowing as Jesus said to the Laodicean church "and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked."

With all that said God has a way, and He knows exactly how much pressure to place to get the results He's looking for. Everything that can be shaken will be removed, and that which is greatly rooted shall remain. 1 Corinthians 3:12-14 "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; [13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. [14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward."

But the scripture says "he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." So it will be done exactly in His time. When that is, is not up to us, but what is up to us is "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." Follow the plan of salvation and Acts 2:38, living in peace with men and holiness without which you will not see the Lord. Living full of the Holy Ghost and walking in the Spirit that you might not fulfill the lusts of the flesh; because "there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-06-2018, 07:48 PM
OneLordOneFaithOneBaptism

Quote:
Totally agree!
Matthew 24:13-14 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
Old 06-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Without unity and purity there will be no revival. Matthew 29:1-16 is also saying that whatever they had in the 1st century we can have now. We can all have the same pay. What we need is the Unity and the purity they had. Wherever there is a desperation God will supply all your needs. If people are just satisfied where their at, or looking that something is coming way up the road they are missing it.

Some are sitting and waiting on a perfect church to fall out the sky, and some are just happy where they are. What we need is a desperation, purity, and unity. And the scripture promises us a pay just as the people in the 1st hour. It didnt pass away, it is still possible if you only believe!

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

I remember growing up and hearing "prophecies" about a soon-coming revival that would sweep the world and it would start in the state I grew up in. I was told Billy Cole was over in New Guinea or Ethiopia and prophesied of this.

I used to believe that there would be a great revival, but it wouldn't be started by a certain organization nor by a certain evangelist. It would just be a spontaneous outpouring to those who were seeking God for it. People who never heard of the Gospel and those from all kinds of other religions, denominations and beliefs would be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Now I don't believe any great, inspiring and world-wide "end-time" revival will happen at all. This isn't a Disney fairy tale where we all will live "Happily ever after" on earth. I'm beginning to see and believe that (from what I read in the Bible) things are only going to get worse until God returns.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I remember growing up and hearing "prophecies" about a soon-coming revival that would sweep the world and it would start in the state I grew up in. I was told Billy Cole was over in New Guinea or Ethiopia and prophesied of this.

I used to believe that there would be a great revival, but it wouldn't be started by a certain organization nor by a certain evangelist. It would just be a spontaneous outpouring to those who were seeking God for it. People who never heard of the Gospel and those from all kinds of other religions, denominations and beliefs would be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Now I don't believe any great, inspiring and world-wide "end-time" revival will happen at all. This isn't a Disney fairy tale where we all will live "Happily ever after" on earth. I'm beginning to see and believe that (from what I read in the Bible) things are only going to get worse until God returns.
If an end time revival is supposed to mean that we "all live happily ever after on the Earth" and things just continue as they are count me out. I believe in no such thing.

I believe the end time Church will go through the great tribulation. All of it. It is going to get MUCH WORSE.

The move of God I believe in will be God using ministry and judgment and sovereign events during that time to simply bring the Church up to the standard that was always meant to be.

Many of his people will awaken to the lateness of the hour and the dire circumstances they are facing. They will turn with all their desire to YAH. He will supply their needs or give them grace to die for him, either way they win.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If an end time revival is supposed to mean that we "all live happily ever after on the Earth" and things just continue as they are count me out. I believe in no such thing.
I should have typed that better and not added the "on earth." From what I've understood, many I know view the "end time revival" as this great and glorious thing which happens right before the rapture of the church. So in essence it's happily ever after.

Quote:
I believe the end time Church will go through the great tribulation. All of it. It is going to get MUCH WORSE.
I believe things are going to get much worse, not better. I also believe the church will go through the tribulation; however, I still do not believe the church will experience God's wrath. So whether the church is raptured, or whether God provides some kind of safe haven for the church on earth during His wrath -- either way, I don't believe the church will experience God's wrath.

Quote:
The move of God I believe in will be God using ministry and judgment and sovereign events during that time to simply bring the Church up to the standard that was always meant to be.

Many of his people will awaken to the lateness of the hour and the dire circumstances they are facing. They will turn with all their desire to YAH. He will supply their needs or give them grace to die for him, either way they win.
No doubt, at least in America, things getting worse will separate those who are sincere from those who are playing games.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
So what you call eschatology Paul called the good news of the coming kingdom, where men would be raised from the dead and take on immortality.
The Good News of the Kingdom was soteriological not eschatological. The eschatology was the outcome of the soteriology, hence logically being eschaton.

Jesus equates the eschatology with a doing away with the system of law, hence a completion of every jot and tittle. Yet, His law would never pass away. The day of Pentecost would then see all Juddians under heaven Act 2:5 given the opportunity to accept the Apostles' doctrine. All Diaspora Judeans who held a lineage as Jesus did, would be in attendance to hear what the Apostles preached concerning Christ. Not one word is told them concerning eschatology, only that what was happening was prophesied by Joel. They were speaking at that culmination of said prophecy.

So, did you ever prove that there would be a final massive revival where everything would be clear and understood? Was it clear and understood in the first century?
Old 06-09-2018, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The Good News of the Kingdom was soteriological not eschatological. The eschatology was the outcome of the soteriology, hence logically being eschaton.
Huh?

Quote:
Jesus equates the eschatology with a doing away with the system of law, hence a completion of every jot and tittle. Yet, His law would never pass away. The day of Pentecost would then see all Juddians under heaven Act 2:5 given the opportunity to accept the Apostles' doctrine. All Diaspora Judeans who held a lineage as Jesus did, would be in attendance to hear what the Apostles preached concerning Christ. Not one word is told them concerning eschatology, only that what was happening was prophesied by Joel. They were speaking at that culmination of said prophecy.
Paul spoke for Jesus when he said THIS about the coming of Jesus and his kingdom.

1 Cor 15:50-55

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory

This New Covenant age or dispensation is leading to the glorious coming of Jesus who grant immortality and eternal life to the saints!

Romans 2:5-7

5But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 7To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Quote:
So, did you ever prove that there would be a final massive revival where everything would be clear and understood? Was it clear and understood in the first century?
I showed why I believe it. Perhaps it may have helped others.

Yes things were clear (foundation doctrine) in the first century. Thats why they were commanded to earnestly contend for THE FAITH ONCE DELIVERED TO THE SAINTS. Jude 4.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 06-09-2018 at 12:00 PM.