Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Dave Peterson

So sad to read today that Dave Peterson of the original Lanny Wolfe Trio passed. Such a great voice! Praying for his family...
Old 04-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Dave Peterson

Praying.

How old was he?
Old 04-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Praying.

How old was he?
Not sure how old he was...CC1 may know. I am 66 years old, and they were singing when I was in my late teens, so I'm guessing early 70s...
Old 04-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

Old 04-10-2018, 08:32 PM
of 9!! :)

So sorry to hear of his passing. Always loved to hear them sing.
Prayers for the family.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Administrator

I first met Dave about 42 years ago. Being a JCM student I was around him a lot in the beginning and have probably seen him a dozen or so times in the last 30 years or so. Every time I saw him it as as if we had just seen each other the day before. He always had a great smile and was funny as all get out. I never heard a negative word out of his mouth. He will be missed.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I first met Dave about 42 years ago. Being a JCM student I was around him a lot in the beginning and have probably seen him a dozen or so times in the last 30 years or so. Every time I saw him it as as if we had just seen each other the day before. He always had a great smile and was funny as all get out. I never heard a negative word out of his mouth. He will be missed.
Thanks, CC!...
Old 04-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Celebration service for the life of Dave Petersen . . . Monday, April 16th, Family viewing 2-3, friends viewing from 3-7. Service at 7 p.m., Family Life & Worship Center, 8449 N. Fox Hollow Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408, 812-876-2896
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Not sure how old he was...CC1 may know. I am 66 years old, and they were singing when I was in my late teens, so I'm guessing early 70s...
Barb, I am not sure exactly how old Dave was but I am guessing mid to late 60's and maybe early 70's as you guessed.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 04-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Celebration service for the life of Dave Petersen . . . Monday, April 16th, Family viewing 2-3, friends viewing from 3-7. Service at 7 p.m., Family Life & Worship Center, 8449 N. Fox Hollow Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408, 812-876-2896
Have you heard if they are Live streaming?