Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Maryville Miracle

http://maryvillemiracle.org/
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.
Re: Maryville Miracle

Praise Him!
Old 08-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Beautiful building.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

As large as their current building is... they really do need more space. I was there 30 minutes early Sunday and they had to find us a place to sit. We had to separate (2 in one row and 3 in another). They had doors open to both sides with chairs down the halls. The choir had to stand behind the pulpit the whole time because there was no place for them in the audience area. Not a single empty chair that I noticed. Of course David Bernard was there and there were more people there than normal, but it just shows they don't have room for this type of event. I plan to visit for a regular service soon.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Banned

Wow. I'm not big on buildings, but I believe the Lord should be praised for this.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Administrator

I love the idea that their focus on the new building being debt free is so that it will free them to give to missions.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"