Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Administrator

UPC Upper Body Synchronized Dancing

I am surprised there have been no threads here about the UPC National Youth Congress that just concluded in Louisville, KY.

Here is a video clip of a group called "Elevation" who does the synchronized signing to music that has become popular the last few years in some areas of the UPC.

I call it "upper body synchronized dancing" because that is what it is . LOL. I like it and have been blessed by it in person.

A few years ago I was at a UPC church in Texas and saw a group from the Tupelo Chilren's mansion do an incredible job to a very moving song. I remember just wishing that the UPC allowed lower body dancing as well as upper because that would have made it even better.

One side note from the group in this video clip from the National Youth Congress is that it appears the giant Pentecostal beehive hairdo is making a comeback! I remember as a young man at the 1975 GC thinking I could have stayed home and just bought the tapes because there was no image magnification back then in the arena and every woman in front of me hat hairdo's 2+ feet high! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=304jB....be&nomobile=1
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

Re: UPC Upper Body Synchronized Dancing

I will have to say that I am surpised.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Not

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I am surprised there have been no threads here about the UPC National Youth Congress that just concluded in Louisville, KY.

Here is a video clip of a group called "Elevation" who does the synchronized signing to music that has become popular the last few years in some areas of the UPC.

I call it "upper body synchronized dancing" because that is what it is . LOL. I like it and have been blessed by it in person.

A few years ago I was at a UPC church in Texas and saw a group from the Tupelo Chilren's mansion do an incredible job to a very moving song. I remember just wishing that the UPC allowed lower body dancing as well as upper because that would have made it even better.

One side note from the group in this video clip from the National Youth Congress is that it appears the giant Pentecostal beehive hairdo is making a comeback! I remember as a young man at the 1975 GC thinking I could have stayed home and just bought the tapes because there was no image magnification back then in the arena and every woman in front of me hat hairdo's 2+ feet high! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=304jB....be&nomobile=1

CC1, wasn't '75 GC in Ft. Worth and the departure conference for Bro. Hamby and Bro. Phillips? I was at that conference. Remember it well. Just didn't remember the date for sure.

And by the way, I thought I saw some "lower body synchronized dancing" in that video. Not being critical of the young folks, just passing on an opinion! It was great. Feel sorry for the two young men, tho. I believe there were two.

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Meh. It has a hint of actual sign language in it so it gets a pass. I thought this stuff was dumb the first time I saw it and i still think it is today. Turn off the loud music and you just have women waving their arms around pretending to minister to deaf people.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Entertainment does not belong in the church.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Pitiful.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Pitiful.
I know, right?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

We had Holy Hands in our church. I always enjoyed the worship of God those youth displayed.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:18 PM
of 9!! :)

Wow, looked like there was a HUGE crowd at NAYC13.