Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Re: List of grace giving churches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
Unfortunately for you , you are not talking to the choir, so no I am not going to say amen to your interpretation of these verses.
Quote:
Abraham gave the tithes to Melchizedek who was a figure and type of Christ, in giving the tithes to Melchizedek he pointed toward a different priesthood, and Melchizedek accepted the tithes, this is a figure of Jesus accepting tithes, since Jesus is this Melchizedek we too follow the example of Abraham and give our tithe unto Jesus.
If you're gonna go with Abraham's giving, then shouldn't you also teach that Christians should give tithes from war spoils? at least you'll be consistent..lol

Quote:
Jacob knew about the tithe makes us suspect that the tithe was practiced in some form by Isaac and Jacob learned this principle from his father, for it is obvious that Jacob knew about tithing.
Jacob's tithing was conditional..Are Christians allowed to make their tithing conditional? else, using Jacob as an example does not support your point
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Abraham gave the tithes to Melchizedek who was a figure and type of Christ, in giving the tithes to Melchizedek he pointed toward a different priesthood, and Melchizedek accepted the tithes, this is a figure of Jesus accepting tithes, since Jesus is this Melchizedek we too follow the example of Abraham and give our tithe unto Jesus.
Abraham gave gave Melchizedek the filth of Sodom, a type of our sin. In return, Melchizedek (a type of Christ) gave Abraham "bread and wine", which is a type of the body and blood of Christ, our salvation. That is the message here.

Quote:
Jacob knew about the tithe makes us suspect that the tithe was practiced in some form by Isaac and Jacob learned this principle from his father, for it is obvious that Jacob knew about tithing.
All supposition. You simply cannot teach compulsory tithing for the New testament church as a doctrine based on suppositions such as this.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

It is commonly over looked that all under the law did not tithe. By this alone stops the flow of being consistent to the forever/moral principle.

Not that hard to understand.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Registered Member

It is indeed simple Rudy. But for those who either do now, or hope to in a future time, make a ood living off the work of others by demanding they give them 10% of thier income it is really hard to see the truth.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

The tithing doctrine alone may force me to turn in my license with the organization I am with.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
It is indeed simple Rudy. But for those who either do now, or hope to in a future time, make a ood living off the work of others by demanding they give them 10% of thier income it is really hard to see the truth.
I was told that one org requires that you will teach and practice tithing money to get your license. For me with all the evidence a mouse click away would scare me to teach it.

Go here on tithing----->

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The tithing doctrine alone may force me to turn in my license with the organization I am with.
Quite a statement. It use to be a principle thing. Now it's becoming a requirement for membership it seems.

Who wants to rob God? Sounds like forced tithing to me which = required for membership.

There needs to be organizers stepping out and starting local works.

Passing out literature etc may help.

Go here on tithing----->

Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Quite a statement. It use to be a principle thing. Now it's becoming a requirement for membership it seems.

Who wants to rob God? Sounds like forced tithing to me which = required for membership.

There needs to be organizers stepping out and starting local works.

Passing out literature etc may help.

And when I posted this, I was speaking prophetically. I had no idea what my pastor was going to preach on that very night!!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
I was told that one org requires that you will teach and practice tithing money to get your license. For me with all the evidence a mouse click away would scare me to teach it.
This is a requirement to be licensed with the UPC. But they give no details as to how to fulfill that requirement. In other words, they give no requirement that you believe or teach that Malachi's curse be pronounced on non-tithe payers. There are no specifics given at all. Therefore, how can they suspend a license for "not teaching it correctly"?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
Fellowship Bible Church
Decatur, TX
Fellowshipbiblentx.org

Beliefs on website.
I did not see tithing mentioned in their statement of beliefs.