Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:29 PM

PP, did they send you a PPH catalog in the mail over the weeekend?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
PP, did they send you a PPH catalog in the mail over the weeekend?
PP has no interest in the PPH ....
Old 05-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Sister Alvear

I know most of those authors. I may not believe exactly like they do but they are good people. Our hair is not magic although mine has never been cut since I was a little girl. I feel the Bible teaches long hair for ladies but I don't always agree on all the reasons why.
In life look for the good. You could make friends with some of them and learn to love them as they are.
Lots of people on this forum I love and we do not see eye to eye...love, my friend is the greatest of all God's laws....and yes, I did say laws even under grace we can use the term God's law. There is a lack of love on both sides...the ultra cons and liberals!
If you feel some church is really a dangerous cult let it be known...but to believe different is not a reason to laugh at someone or belittle someone that is washed in the precious blood of the Lamb.
I am not saying you can always be buddy bubby with everyone because you cannot but we do not have to go around making enemies and hurting people.

Do you personally KNOW Sister Julie, for example? I do...She is a lady that was brought in from the deapest depths of sin...Have you ever heard her tell her story and why she wrote the book?

Maybe you do not agree but I personally think it is a lack of taste to write what you wrote and I would say the same thing to a ultra con that would call names.

We do not always fully understand people until we live where they live...

This is not a rebuke and please do not consider it as such. That is not my place...but kindness is a fruit of the Spirit. It was more the way you worded your post than te actual post itself.

I am not UPC but I am not against them either...We are PRO JESUS...let's lift Him up for millions sit in spiritual darkness and have NOT one ray of light. Blessings to you.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I just want to know exactly what you were saying when you were baptizing that fish in your avatar?????
Thanks Sherri. Now that's what I'm gonna think everytime I see his pic!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:38 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I know most of those authors. I may not believe exactly like they do but they are good people. Our hair is not magic although mine has never been cut since I was a little girl. I feel the Bible teaches long hair for ladies but I don't always agree on all the reasons why.
In life look for the good. You could make friends with some of them and learn to love them as they are.
Lots of people on this forum I love and we do not see eye to eye...love, my friend is the greatest of all God's laws....and yes, I did say laws even under grace we can use the term God's law. There is a lack of love on both sides...the ultra cons and liberals!
If you feel some church is really a dangerous cult let it be known...but to believe different is not a reason to laugh at someone or belittle someone that is washed in the precious blood of the Lamb.
I am not saying you can always be buddy bubby with everyone because you cannot but we do not have to go around making enemies and hurting people.

Do you personally KNOW Sister Julie, for example? I do...She is a lady that was brought in from the deapest depths of sin...Have you ever heard her tell her story and why she wrote the book?

Maybe you do not agree but I personally think it is a lack of taste to write what you wrote and I would say the same thing to a ultra con that would call names.

This is not a rebuke and please do not consider it as such. That is not my place...but kindness is a fruit of the Spirit. It was more the way you worded your post than te actual post itself.

I am not UPC but I am not against them either...We are PRO JESUS...let's lift Him up for millions sit in spiritual darkness and have NOT one ray of light. Blessings to you.
Thanks for the words of wisdom, Sis. Alvear. I, like many others here, have been guilty of this very thing and I have purposed in my heart to be honest to my beliefs without denigrating those with whom I disagree!

Thanks again!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Thanks for the words of wisdom, Sis. Alvear. I, like many others here, have been guilty of this very thing and I have purposed in my heart to be honest to my beliefs without denigrating those with whom I disagree!

Thanks again!
Thankx, Bro. Phil, and I agree...Mother Alvear's words always resonate with wisdom.

However, in defense of Pastor P, I am sure he meant no real harm and is just having a bit of fun with the titles.

He appears to be a sincere man who wouldn't intentionally offend...JMO...
Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Sister Alvear

I agree also he seems very sincere just didn't want him to be taken worng and others hurt or on the defence...so let's all weigh our words...people cannot see our expressions so sometimes they do not know if we are joking, making full or whatever...just don't like to see people hurt.
Love you folks.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
"Does God Really Care about Hairstyles" by JR Ensey
Is it a reeeeally short book? I could have written it in one word. Two letters. Starts with "N" and ends with "o".