Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-27-2019, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Glorified Flesh?

Would like to know what others believe as far as Jesus’ body? Is it the same flesh yet glorified in the heavens? Did he go back to the spirit form he was before robing himself in flesh?
Old 10-27-2019, 02:49 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Glorified Flesh?

1 Corinthians 15:35-45 ESV

The Resurrection Body

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body. 39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. 40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.

42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. 43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”;[a] the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Jesus resurrected in an immortal physical body that Paul called spiritual., Spiritual means supernatural. His resurrected body was quite supernatural. It was not alive by nature's life, or natural life. It was alive by Spirit.

Romans 6:9 says that his resurrection made it so that death has no more dominion over him. That can only refer to his body, since death His affected his body beforehand, but resurrection of the body renders death ineffective.

He never was said to lose that body in His ascension.

Paul said there is a spiritual body and there is a natural body. Jesus' body from the grave is spiritual. Spiritual does not mean non-physical, because the water and manna in 1 Cor 10 were called spiritual meat and drink, but very physical. Same book 5 chapters before 15.

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Why have a body raised that death has no more power over, and then abandon it? Why even rise from the dead with a body that death no longer can kill, only to abandon it?

He has a body and we shall see it when he comes again!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 10-27-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Jesus resurrected in an immortal physical body that Paul called spiritual., Spiritual means supernatural. His resurrected body was quite supernatural. It was not alive by nature's life, or natural life. It was alive by Spirit.

Romans 6:9 says that his resurrection made it so that death has no more dominion over him. That can only refer to his body, since death His affected his body beforehand, but resurrection of the body renders death ineffective.

He never was said to lose that body in His ascension.

Paul said there is a spiritual body and there is a natural body. Jesus' body from the grave is spiritual. Spiritual does not mean non-physical, because the water and manna in 1 Cor 10 were called spiritual meat and drink, but very physical. Same book 5 chapters before 15.

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Why have a body raised that death has no more power over, and then abandon it? Why even rise from the dead with a body that death no longer can kill, only to abandon it?

He has a body and we shall see it when he comes again!
Not.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Would like to know what others believe as far as Jesus’ body? Is it the same flesh yet glorified in the heavens? Did he go back to the spirit form he was before robing himself in flesh?
Great question Nic.

Yes in the Spiritual dimension Jesus is God Almight, He is the Father which is just the Eternal Spirit.

As Father he has no body because God is a Spirit and has no form. Jesus as God has no need for a body as He fills the universe. He is the Father.

That physical body ceased to exist as it fulfilled it's purpose the redeemer.

Jesus the Christ standing on the right hand of Jesus the Father (Who has no body) then coming back on the day of Pentecost as Jesus the Holy Ghost, but going to come back again as Jesus the Son to hand the kingdom back to Jesus the Father?
Old 10-27-2019, 05:48 PM
New User

Scripture, please.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Not.
Forgive me if this rather terse response does not convince me I am wrong. I gave biblical reasoning.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

Scripture, please.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Is that the one you were wanting D?
Old 10-27-2019, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Forgive me if this rather terse response does not convince me I am wrong. I gave biblical reasoning.
Ok, that tickles my funny bone. Not going to get more into it, prayer service has started, but NOT.