Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Cross-examine it!

Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
That's the problem right there. You think performance is truth and not the Book.

I thought all these years that Jesus saves, and not us. What's the name of the preacher who was "saved" in a Swaggart meeting? How did the man get "saved?"

Performance does not negate the Words of the Bible, we have to line up with the Bible, the Bible doesn't have to line up with what we "think" or "feel".

No, apparently the problem is in the ability to read and comprehend your response has absolutely nothing to do with what was posted.

The point of the post is that God rewards the faith of the believer even if the person “preaching” is not even saved themselves.

Pay attention to the words of Jesus fromt he following passage.

Mark 9:38-40
And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
For he that is not against us is on our part.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Quote:
Call'em like you see'em Brother Ellis, and NEVER let a cheating man get off the hook easy. Because if he will rip off his wife and kids he will rob you also.

The man is one flesh with his wife, he is not one flesh with anyone else.
So if he will cheat on his own partner, he will not think twice with cheating with anyone else.
Elder, you said a mouthful!

A word to the wise: when a person shows you the type person they are, believe 'em!
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 08-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
No, apparently the problem is in the ability to read and comprehend your response has absolutely nothing to do with what was posted.

The point of the post is that God rewards the faith of the believer even if the person “preaching” is not even saved themselves.

Pay attention to the words of Jesus fromt he following passage.

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a MIRACLE in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

It's interesting when one of you guys try to use scriptures to prove that some reprobate that has a phoney ministry is legit you end up contradicting the rest of the Bible.

Ok, explain how the scripture you used above goes with this scripture verse?

Mat 7:21-23

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done MANY WONDERFUL WORKS? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

I look forward to read your reply.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa
Old 08-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=219700

Looks like Bentley kind of mislead his people....what a surprise.
I heard he was stepping sideways?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Dave I pointed out a few months ago reports that were
surfacing about him Yet I was railed against as spreading
lies, gossip, falsehoods,etc.

I knew when He got up and said that William Branham's
angel visited him and imparted power to him that he
was off.

Proverbs, Branham laid hands on my Dad in the 40s
and he was heald of a slight infirmity yet he went off
doctrinally. People with gifts are very vulnerable if they
don't stay under a good covering
A good covering called the Holy Ghost!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load. Galatians 6:1-5

Todd Bentley is having problems with his marriage and has stepped down from ministry. Many are gleefully pointing fingers at him and saying, "See. I told you he was a fake." Others are praying for him, his wife, and his family.

Todd Bentley came from a rough background. When he got saved he spent quite a span of time in many hours of prayer daily. He had a ministry with "signs following" as spoken of in Mark 16.

He has been very high profile in a series of meetings which are called by some a Florida Revival and are called by others a new age freak show. I don't know Todd Bentley's heart. From reading things about him several years ago before he became so high profile I believe he is sincere and wants to be used of God. I'm sure there are things that went on in Florida that were carnal or of the flesh, and things that were even satanic, but there were also blessings and moves of God. Some with whom I am personally familiar were really stirred for God through attending those meetings.

Let's pray for his healing. He doesn't need any one kicking him when he's down. The accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:10) is busy doing that.
Dear Jesus only you know the hearts...please mend the brokenness and bring life and restoration.
In Jesus name. AMEN.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
From the article:

..."Grady also criticized GodTV for telling people that any criticism of Bentley was "demonic." GodTV carried the Lakeland meetings live every night."

How sad.
Any criticism of Bentley was justified and God TV must be filled with the same foolishness that created Todd Bentely.

American Churchanity might just be taking that long walk to the gallows.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Dear Jesus only you know the hearts...please mend the brokenness and bring life and restoration.
In Jesus name. AMEN.
Yep, Jesus knows the hearts and that's why he exposes them.

Thank you Jesus!

Make Benny Hinn next on your list, please Lord Jesus!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
delete account

Quote:
Any criticism of Bentley was justified and God TV must be filled with the same foolishness that created Todd Bentely.

American Churchanity might just be taking that long walk to the gallows.

Evang. Benincasa,

I feel sorry for you.

Truly,
Rhoni
Old 08-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Evang. Benincasa,

I feel sorry for you.

Truly,
Rhoni
You pray for individuals who rip people off under Jesus name, and you feel sorry for me? Anyway thanks for the sympathy. No problem in praying for sinners. Just don't let them off the hook until they do the right thing. He did wrong, and he needs to get right and make it right with his wife. Getting back in the pulpit in his home is his first duty.

Lord bless you and pray that Benny Hinn and the rest of those thieves get exposed.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa