Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

Re: $$How much is gas per MOnth$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutless View Post
Well obviosly there are many here who have it worse than I. These poor Small B. Owners. I watched a news report of a guy who owned a small trucking Co. maybe 5 semis paying $10,000 per wk in fuel
Yes indeed! My biological mother owns a trucking brokerage company and one of her drivers was telling her the other day it costs him 530 dollars to fill up each time!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:56 AM
You are called unto liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Yes indeed! My biological mother owns a trucking brokerage company and one of her drivers was telling her the other day it costs him 530 dollars to fill up each time!
He must either have a small tank, or he never lets it drop below half to get off that cheap. It's not unrealistic that if a driver lets his fuel get down to 1/4 that he'd have a $1000 bill. (at least in my case, I can hold 300 gal)

Daniel
Old 04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
He must either have a small tank, or he never lets it drop below half to get off that cheap. It's not unrealistic that if a driver lets his fuel get down to 1/4 that he'd have a $1000 bill. (at least in my case, I can hold 300 gal)

Daniel
I think she said he always tries to run on half a tank... they are out in the sticks.. so stations arent that plentiful... So he probably has to fill up whenever he finds a place because I too ran into a driver the other day talking at a truck stop and he said 1100 for his... so I am thinking thats for half a tank
Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
In Vancouver, I am paying $1.25 a litre! That works out to about $5.62.50 a gallon!!!!
It is surprising because all of Canada's oil & gas is homegrown!
We make enough for ourselves (about 3 & 1/2 million barrels a day, we export 1 million barrels a day to the States.)

It is greed, pure and simple!
Ron....

How are you doing friend.

You have continued on my daily prayer list.

Wow! $5.62 a gallon.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:37 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
In Vancouver, I am paying $1.25 a litre! That works out to about $5.62.50 a gallon!!!!
It is surprising because all of Canada's oil & gas is homegrown!
We make enough for ourselves (about 3 & 1/2 million barrels a day, we export 1 million barrels a day to the States.)

It is greed, pure and simple!
WOW! At $5.63 a gallon, I wouldn't leave the house! My monthly gas expense hasn't been very high. If I were working, I would hate to think what I would be spending each month.

I filled up my Accord today which cost me $44.00. I probably fill up twice a month, so I have spent roughly $85/month on gas.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
$1100.00 per month.

I am a small business owner with one fullsize vehicle on the road daily plus personal vehicle use.

My new van is at the dealership and waiting pickup. It is a Sprinter Van with a Mecedes diesel. Though diesel is higher than gas, I expect to drop fuel costs by about $200.00 per month due to the better mileage.
Yeah, but the van itself costs around $45K! Hehehehe
Old 04-09-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
How about double since the guy I voted for "W" twice took office 7 years ago.

I have to blame him and his administration.

Plain and simple.

Have you looked at your Grocery bill lately?

Or your meal receipt for lunch?

The next person in should focus on getting Gas back to $2.00 per gallon.

They would take in more revenue with more gas gallons used.

They hopefully the price of everything would go down...

We could then buy more quantity of goods which would help our economy.

It is about the price of Gas stupid!

Stupid as referring ot the dopes in DC.
The President does not control the price of fuel or the price of oil. The market does.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Yeah, but the van itself costs around $45K! Hehehehe
Yea but its worth it in the long run if it saves its money worth or more in the time he will drive it driving as much as I am sure he will do... same for us... Hubby is fixing to buy a new vehicle.. It will cost a little more than we wanted to pay but by saving one paycheck a month and half of our tax money sat aside we will be able to pay it cash out and then it will save the gas cost about 200 a month and when we look at the fact he is fixing to have to start driving to the OK. Colorado border every 2 weeks for work.. it will be well worth it as I am sure SH has the same outlook...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Yea but its worth it in the long run if it saves its money worth or more in the time he will drive it driving as much as I am sure he will do... same for us... Hubby is fixing to buy a new vehicle.. It will cost a little more than we wanted to pay but by saving one paycheck a month and half of our tax money sat aside we will be able to pay it cash out and then it will save the gas cost about 200 a month and when we look at the fact he is fixing to have to start driving to the OK. Colorado border every 2 weeks for work.. it will be well worth it as I am sure SH has the same outlook...
Actually, the difference in fuel mileage between a gas engine and a diesel engine aren't enough to pay for the difference in the cost of the engines. At one time, when gas engines only lasted about 100,000 miles, the savings was real. But, with the advances in reliability and longevity, it is pretty tough to do much more than break even over the life of the engine. I remember when diesel fuel cost less than gasoline. Those days are long gone too.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:33 PM

Right now I am not spending all that much for gasoline. I am working from home again, and my wife only drives 4 miles one way. I can tell you, however, that it costs over $80 to fill up our GMC Safari van. YIKES! My Neon runs about $33 to fill up. I haven't filled up our Celebrity in a long time, so I don't know what it would run to fill it up. I would imagine somewhere in the $40 range.