Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 04-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Wink Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Lady Rev. you need to go jump in the ocean and cool off!LOL..... I wasn't bashing anyone!

Go back and read the post that I wrote later................you will have a better understanding of what I was trying to say.

oh! who's legs you calling ugly? Mine are not! For the record, I don't have a husband!!

I am the husband!! Look who's bashing now!! You don't know anything about me, and you talking trash.

Go get on a log ride!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

I am curious as to why a group of holiness apostolics would make fun of ladies who are trying to maintain their standards of modesty? This is strange.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
I am curious as to why a group of holiness apostolics would make fun of ladies who are trying to maintain their standards of modesty? This is strange.
No one is.

And let's get real here. If you are a genuine, committed, absolute stickler for modesty at all times, in all situations... swimming period is not modest, no matter what you're wearing. Water makes whatever you are wearing cling to your body.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Some appropriate swimwear for MEN at the beach......

What's in YOUR wallet?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post

What's in YOUR wallet?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Really, this thread rubbed me the wrong way yesterday. I probably took it more seriously than I should have. However, my stance is still the same: Let people wear whatever they like, and don't be overly bothered when people do strange things. More importantly, don't infer their motives for them. Most people are just trying to live their lives and have fun with their families within the boundaries they've set or have been given.

Don't beat them up over it, even if they do end up looking a little weird.

To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—

Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Banned

(laughing) that's funny i dont care who ya are....

Quote:

What's in YOUR wallet?
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Personally, I find it ironic and contradictory for liberals to demand personal liberty, but mock conservative people the liberty to practice their beliefs. It's done in a way that would seek to deny them the liberty to practice their convictions. At least, deny them the opportunity to do it without being ostracized, mocked, insulted or disrespected.
Thank you!

I was once telling HO that forcing pants on us was the same as forcing dresses/skirts on others. She agreed that both are wrong and I agreed that she was right on her assessment! (lol) "Forcing" may be too large or expressive of a word, but it comes across that way at times, IMO.

Quote:
Really, this thread rubbed me the wrong way yesterday. I probably took it more seriously than I should have. However, my stance is still the same: Let people wear whatever they like, and don't be overly bothered when people do strange things. More importantly, don't infer their motives for them. Most people are just trying to live their lives and have fun with their families within the boundaries they've set or have been given.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 04-30-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Registered Member

Quote:

I partially agree. I have told the story numerous times about going downhill skiing and the women wearing jean skirts over their snow pants or snowmobile suits. And yes, it did look silly, which in itself wouldn't bother me if most did it because they were truly convicted instead of doing it because of the good old "apostolic identity" and the desire to look the part. And then there is the part about the "silliness" becoming another obstacle to overcome for non-believers and having to explain to them why they do certain things (which there is often no good reason).
Old 04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I partially agree. I have told the story numerous times about going downhill skiing and the women wearing jean skirts over their snow pants or snowmobile suits. And yes, it did look silly, which in itself wouldn't bother me if most did it because they were truly convicted instead of doing it because of the good old "apostolic identity" and the desire to look the part. And then there is the part about the "silliness" becoming another obstacle to overcome for non-believers and having to explain to them why they do certain things (which there is often no good reason).
It is very impractical, but again, they're trying to have fun and still obey rules or abide by their own convictions. Either way, I'm appreciative when people get their families out of the house and try to have a nice time. I know way too many Apostolics who answer the problem by being couch potatoes and staying at home all the time. That's way worse, IMO.

That said, there are some things you simply can't do modestly or safely in a skirt. ESPECIALLY ski!