Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
The people in the dream are sinners who need Jesus. I knew that I was expected at the house, I know my "calling," and the people are waiting for us to share Jesus with them.
The dead bodies represented lost souls. The authorities represent God, and holding me accountable represents what will happen on that day I meet the Lord if I do not answer to the call.

It's not like a goose-bump kinda thing. Kinda sobering.
What's keeping you from answering the call of God?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
What's keeping you from answering the call of God?
A few things:

1)I love the world

2)I don't want to give the reigns over to God

2a. there are too many things that I want to do

That's what stands out. I'm sure I can think of more reasons, or excuses.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM
PaPaDon

Dreams

Greetings Everyone!

First, allow me to call attention to the fact that "dreams" are simply one of the methods God employs to "speak" to mankind...

"For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon man, in slumberings upon the bed; then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, that he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword." (see Job 33:14-18)

These words alerts us to the fact that God often employs the "visions" one experiences during a "dream" as they lie sleeping, in an effort to convey certain messages or instructions. We also discover that God often employs this means of communication with mankind in an effort to re-direct our "purposes" so that they might become more in alignment with His, and in the process prevent one from being filled with pride (that is to say, believing that his acheivements are of his own design). All this is being done by God in an effort to prevent man from actions which will cause him to lose out on the eternal rewards which He has promised unto all who heed and obey the dictates of His commandments. Furthermore, and above all else, God's efforts to communicate with man via the means of the "visions" of a "dream," are a display of His desire that the one to whom the "dream" has been granted, will not "perish" for his willful disobedience to His Word (the "sword").

Moreover, we find that on that first day of Pentecost following our Lord's bodily ascension to His throne located in the heavens, when the apostle Peter stood to offer a response to the inquiry of the Jews - "What meaneth this?" (see Acts 2:12) - he directed them to the prophetic words written approximately 835 years previously by the prophet Joel: "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:..." (see Acts 2:17).

How does one determine/discern whether the "visions" of a "dream" which they have experienced are truly sent of God, or not? For an answer to this question one needs to consider the biblical record of the life of Joseph. I shall not go into the details of his youth (believing most are familiar with this aspect of his life), rather my desire is to show the manner in which he was able to discern both the origin and meaning of the "visions" experienced in a "dream". When called upon to describe Pharaoh"s "dreams," we find it written in Genesis 41:32 that he stated: "And for that the dreams was doubled unto Pharaoh twice: it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass."

Thus we discover that whenever God seeks to communicate with man via the "visions" of a "dream," He will always "double" such "dreams." Now it must also be noted, just as it was with the case of the TWO "dreams" experienced by Pharaoh, each "dream" that he experienced were distinctly different, one from the other, yet in each the message being conveyed were the same. And so with this important factor in mind, we must always be diligent in our efforts of discerning both the origin and intent of the "visions" which we experience during a "dream," always bearing in mind that our arch enemy, the Devil, in his subtle deceitful efforts to mislead man, also possesses the ability to cause us to "dream dreams."

Yes, I have experienced "dreams" in the past that I have been able to attribute their origin directly to God. I fully expect to experience "dreams" at some point in the future, believing that God has promised to communicate unto me via this means. Please allow me to provide a brief description of one such dream.

Several years ago, shortly after I had become "born again" after heeding and obeying the commandments of Acts 2:38, I became deeply grieved over what I perceived to be an erroneous and extremely misleading aspect of one of the fundamental doctrinal teachings by the ministerial leadership of the UPCI. This was something I struggled with daily, and being convinced that there could not be found another that might provide the answer I desired, my only source of attaining some semblance of assurance/validation, meant that I would be compelled to rely exclusively upon the ever-abiding "Comforter," whom our Lord promised would be He that "...shall teach you all things..." (see John 14:26) After much prayer, fasting, and exhaustive search of the Scriptures in an effort to establish a sound basis for my suspicions, there came a particular night as I lie asleep upon my bed, whenever I experienced "visions" of a "dream" which provided me the answer I sought.

During the course of this "dream" it seemed as if my attention was being directed toward taking particular note of the scene I witnessed. There I saw the most beautiful, pristine garden my eyes had ever viewed. Next, my attention seemed to be directed towards noting two men as they casually walked in this place of beauty. One (on the left) appeared to be attired in a dazzling white robe which flowed down to the ground. As I felt impressed upon to note these two men, I observed that the One attired in the long white robe, had His right arm casually around the neck and shoulders of the man to His right. This scene being presented to me might be likened to that of a loving Father casually walking together with a beloved son, while warmly embracing him and giving him some "fatherly advise." I could not see the face of the Man on the left, for his head was tilted slightly downward and to His right, and it appeared as if He was softly talking with the man whom He was embracing. The final thing my attention seemed to be directed towards, was that of noting the appearance of the man being embraced. It was then that I was awakened, sitting fully upright in my bed, because I saw myself! No, I did not hear any of the words being uttered, nevertheless the message was clear, for almost immediately I recalled these words of our Lord Jesus as found recorded in John 8:31-32 - "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Yes, I heeded and obeyed His Word, continuing for more than 5 years in my search of the Scriptures until, at approximately 10:30 PM, September 16, 1996, as I sat down to do further study, I opened my Bible, and the very first passage I read - there it was - the answer I had so diligently sought! Yes, it was there all the while, however, because I had been searching for it for all of the wrong reasons - to prove others wrong - and not in an effort to edify them, God had withheld it from me.

I have experienced other "dreams," both before and since that time, however, this one stands out as extremely meaningful for me, because from it I was made to learn an important lesson - God abhors "pride," irregardless of the form it might manifest itself in.

I hope that my disclosure of this experience will prove beneficial to others in their efforts to discern both the origin and meaning of their "dreams."

May God bless!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaDon View Post
Greetings Everyone!

First, allow me to call attention to the fact that "dreams" are simply one of the methods God employs to "speak" to mankind...

"For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon man, in slumberings upon the bed; then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, that he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword." (see Job 33:14-18)

These words alerts us to the fact that God often employs the "visions" one experiences during a "dream" as they lie sleeping, in an effort to convey certain messages or instructions. We also discover that God often employs this means of communication with mankind in an effort to re-direct our "purposes" so that they might become more in alignment with His, and in the process prevent one from being filled with pride (that is to say, believing that his acheivements are of his own design). All this is being done by God in an effort to prevent man from actions which will cause him to lose out on the eternal rewards which He has promised unto all who heed and obey the dictates of His commandments. Furthermore, and above all else, God's efforts to communicate with man via the means of the "visions" of a "dream," are a display of His desire that the one to whom the "dream" has been granted, will not "perish" for his willful disobedience to His Word (the "sword").

Moreover, we find that on that first day of Pentecost following our Lord's bodily ascension to His throne located in the heavens, when the apostle Peter stood to offer a response to the inquiry of the Jews - "What meaneth this?" (see Acts 2:12) - he directed them to the prophetic words written approximately 835 years previously by the prophet Joel: "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:..." (see Acts 2:17).

How does one determine/discern whether the "visions" of a "dream" which they have experienced are truly sent of God, or not? For an answer to this question one needs to consider the biblical record of the life of Joseph. I shall not go into the details of his youth (believing most are familiar with this aspect of his life), rather my desire is to show the manner in which he was able to discern both the origin and meaning of the "visions" experienced in a "dream". When called upon to describe Pharaoh"s "dreams," we find it written in Genesis 41:32 that he stated: "And for that the dreams was doubled unto Pharaoh twice: it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass."

Thus we discover that whenever God seeks to communicate with man via the "visions" of a "dream," He will always "double" such "dreams." Now it must also be noted, just as it was with the case of the TWO "dreams" experienced by Pharaoh, each "dream" that he experienced were distinctly different, one from the other, yet in each the message being conveyed were the same. And so with this important factor in mind, we must always be diligent in our efforts of discerning both the origin and intent of the "visions" which we experience during a "dream," always bearing in mind that our arch enemy, the Devil, in his subtle deceitful efforts to mislead man, also possesses the ability to cause us to "dream dreams."

Yes, I have experienced "dreams" in the past that I have been able to attribute their origin directly to God. I fully expect to experience "dreams" at some point in the future, believing that God has promised to communicate unto me via this means. Please allow me to provide a brief description of one such dream.

Several years ago, shortly after I had become "born again" after heeding and obeying the commandments of Acts 2:38, I became deeply grieved over what I perceived to be an erroneous and extremely misleading aspect of one of the fundamental doctrinal teachings by the ministerial leadership of the UPCI. This was something I struggled with daily, and being convinced that there could not be found another that might provide the answer I desired, my only source of attaining some semblance of assurance/validation, meant that I would be compelled to rely exclusively upon the ever-abiding "Comforter," whom our Lord promised would be He that "...shall teach you all things..." (see John 14:26) After much prayer, fasting, and exhaustive search of the Scriptures in an effort to establish a sound basis for my suspicions, there came a particular night as I lie asleep upon my bed, whenever I experienced "visions" of a "dream" which provided me the answer I sought.

During the course of this "dream" it seemed as if my attention was being directed toward taking particular note of the scene I witnessed. There I saw the most beautiful, pristine garden my eyes had ever viewed. Next, my attention seemed to be directed towards noting two men as they casually walked in this place of beauty. One (on the left) appeared to be attired in a dazzling white robe which flowed down to the ground. As I felt impressed upon to note these two men, I observed that the One attired in the long white robe, had His right arm casually around the neck and shoulders of the man to His right. This scene being presented to me might be likened to that of a loving Father casually walking together with a beloved son, while warmly embracing him and giving him some "fatherly advise." I could not see the face of the Man on the left, for his head was tilted slightly downward and to His right, and it appeared as if He was softly talking with the man whom He was embracing. The final thing my attention seemed to be directed towards, was that of noting the appearance of the man being embraced. It was then that I was awakened, sitting fully upright in my bed, because I saw myself! No, I did not hear any of the words being uttered, nevertheless the message was clear, for almost immediately I recalled these words of our Lord Jesus as found recorded in John 8:31-32 - "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Yes, I heeded and obeyed His Word, continuing for more than 5 years in my search of the Scriptures until, at approximately 10:30 PM, September 16, 1996, as I sat down to do further study, I opened my Bible, and the very first passage I read - there it was - the answer I had so diligently sought! Yes, it was there all the while, however, because I had been searching for it for all of the wrong reasons - to prove others wrong - and not in an effort to edify them, God had withheld it from me.

I have experienced other "dreams," both before and since that time, however, this one stands out as extremely meaningful for me, because from it I was made to learn an important lesson - God abhors "pride," irregardless of the form it might manifest itself in.

I hope that my disclosure of this experience will prove beneficial to others in their efforts to discern both the origin and meaning of their "dreams."

May God bless!
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share this. It blessed me as I read it. I've been searching the word, seeking God in prayer and fasting concerning knowing Him and I thought I would get an answer right away but you have confirmed what I was starting to realize....it may take time and consistent, persistent study and seeking for the answer I desire of Him. Perhaps my reasons aren't as pure as I'd like to think they are, either.

Do you care to share what God revealed to you in his word?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaDon View Post
Greetings Everyone!

May God bless!
Thank You
Old 03-23-2007, 07:30 PM
PaPaDon

Dreams

Greetings in the lovely name of JESUS, our wondrous eternal Lord and Saviour!

I am pleased that some have found comfort in my post regarding this matter (I think its called "edification," & that was precisely its intent). I thank you for your kind words.

That which I had diligently sought for so long, concerned matters of eschatology (that's "end time prophetic teachings"). Being cognizant of the fact that it only requires a small amount of "leaven" (false, misleading doctrinal teaching) to thoroughly corrupt, and therefore render void, that which is published as truth about a particular doctrinal issue, I was seeking for sound biblical-based evidence to prove that such "leaven" prevailed within the things being widely broadcast as truth concerning those circumstances which are to precede and surround the soon coming glorious appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ upon the cloudfs of heaven, and the simultaneous gathering unto Himself of all the saints.

The particular passage I read as I began my Bible study that evening, was Hebrews 11:13, and these words practically leaped off the printed page - "These ALL died in faith..." Recalling that which I had been taught many years earlier in English class, and believing that what I was reading was inerrant truth, I quickly reached for the dictionary, just to confirm what I had read. When one employs the English word "these" within the context of a sentence, it represents an adjective, and is literally used to refer to everything, or everyone, that has previously been mentioned. In the case of its usage within the opening part of this particular passage, it refers to these five notable individuals of olden times: Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sarah. Thus one MUST conclude that ALL of them underwent the "common" experience of death!

But, wait a minute! Aren't we told within the words of Hebrews 11:5 that Enoch was "Translated that he should not see death"? Do these 2 passages contradict/conflict with one another? Of course not! The Word of God is inerrant in its essence, therefore when we find two or more passages which "appear" to be contradictory, we must remember that it is our understanding which is amiss, and NOT the scriptures!

Now you might be wondering why this "revelation" was of such significance to me. The answer lies within the fact that the proponents of the "pre-tribulation rapturism" doctrine, holds to the belief that because Enoch was granted of God an "exemption" from the "common" experience of death, it is a "type." or "figure" of the manner in which God will also grant the same exemption to those saints who are to be "alive" upon the earth at the moment of our Lord's return. I had always struggled with this assertion, for if this be true, then it would be indicative of God displaying a "respect of persons" which He had not shown to others who have been compelled to undergo the experience of death. If there is ONE solitary attribute of God's character which remains consistent in ALL of His dealings with each entity of His creation, it is that He always acts in strict accordance with "righteousness"! Indeed, this He must do, for the words of Psalms 89:14 and 97:2 advises that "righteousness" forms the very foundation of His eternal kingdom. And, as I would hope everyone understands, God simply cannot display partially in any aspect of His relationship with mankind.

Acknowledging that "it is appointed unto man once to die" (see Hebrews 9:27), then to suggest/imply or otherwise infer that God has granted an exemption from the "common" experience of death to Enoch or Elijah (yet at the same time causing all others to undergo this experience) is the same as implying that God has displayed a "respect of persons."

This is a brief synopsis of that which I had sought so diligently to find, however, it was only the beginning. Neither time or space allows me to go into all that came after this, and indeed, it would necessitate the writing of a book to disclose it all. Yet, for me personally, it provided the evidence I demanded to refute the teachings of "pre-tribulation rapturism." I am now able to say to those embracing such a belief; Whoa! Wait a minute! God is not a respector of persons, because "righteousness" demands that every man undergo the experience of death. And offer sound biblical proof that Enoch, rather than be granted an exemption from this "common" experience, did indeed "die in faith." I had found the "leaven" which corrupts the things being published as sound biblical-based truth concerning an alleged "pre-tribulation rapture" of the church.

Please do not misunderstand what I am saying! By no means am I saying that there will not be a physical removal of all of the saints of God from the earth and into His presence upon the clouds of heaven at the end of the present age, rather that I am irrevocably persuaded to embrace the belief that this forthcoming event will not transpire until the end of the period of unparalled troubles which are forthcoming!

I hope this disclosure will prove helpful to some who have been struggling with this particular doctrinal teaching, and at the same time will motivate the proponents of pretribulationism to pause and prayerfully consider the scriptural merits of all I have written concerning this matter.

If I might be of further assistance, please advise.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Saved & Shaved

Unreal. I need to stop reading this site everyday. few nights ago I had a dream that I was in a place (possibly a church) with lots of people (possibly saints) and I was speaking in tongues.. it just kept coming out...
Old 03-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Unreal. I need to stop reading this site everyday. few nights ago I had a dream that I was in a place (possibly a church) with lots of people (possibly saints) and I was speaking in tongues.. it just kept coming out...
What's wrong with that? Have you spoken in tongues before?

Do you read your Bible everyday?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:29 PM
delete account

I had a dream that I was traveling, married to an Evangelist that I know. We were in a car in London [the steering wheel of the small car we were riding in was on the right side] and stopped to minister in an older woman's home. She wanted him to pray in her room upstairs but he felt compelled to pray in the basement and I went and prayed upstairs in a room with only a set of mattresses on the floor.

I tried my best to interpret it...but I don't think he wants to marry me. He doesn't even know I exist.!

LOL!

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 03-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
I had a dream that I was traveling, married to an Evangelist that I know. We were in a car in London [the steering wheel of the small car we were riding in was on the right side] and stopped to minister in an older woman's home. She wanted him to pray in her room upstairs but he felt compelled to pray in the basement and I went and prayed upstairs in a room with only a set of mattresses on the floor.

I tried my best to interpret it...but I don't think he wants to marry me. He doesn't even know I exist.!

LOL!

Blessings, Rhoni
haha...sister Rhoni the penniless life of an evangelists wife.Can't even afford furniture.I know the road well.