Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Aquila's Avatar
Aquila Aquila is offline
Brother In Christ


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30,238
Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Interesting:
George W. Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled' in election

Former President George W. Bush appeared to take aim at President Trump on Thursday when he said at an economic summit in the Middle East that there was "pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled" in the 2016 U.S. president election.

Bush made the comments in a talk in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. He was appearing there as part of a conference put on by the Milken Institute, a think tank based in Santa Monica, California.

While Bush did not directly name Trump, his comments did appear to target him. Trump has consistently disputed allegations of Russian interference in the election or that members of his campaign team in any way "colluded" with Moscow.

"Whether (Russia) affected the outcome is another question," Bush added.

"It’s problematic that a foreign nation is involved in our election system. Our democracy is only as good as people trust the results," he said.

Intelligence agencies have concluded Russia did meddle in the election and numerous investigations are under way to determine whether Trump’s campaign aided the Kremlin.

Bush also said the U.S. needs to reform its immigration law and described Russian President Vladimir Putin as "zero-sum." Bush said of the Russian leader: "He can’t think, ‘How can we both win?’ He only thinks, ‘How do I win, you lose?’”

Bush said of Putin: "He’s got a chip on his shoulder. The reason he does is because of the demise of the Soviet Union troubles him. Therefore, much of his moves (are) to regain Soviet hegemony ... That’s why NATO is very important."

This is not the first time Bush has spoken publicly about alleged Russian interference in the election. In address in New York last year he said of the 2016 vote: "The Russian government has made a project of turning Americans against each other."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ocid=DELLDHP17
__________________
"Some people think I say inappropriate things. I prefer to think of it as, radical honesty." ~ Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-08-2018, 02:36 PM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15,707
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Russians meddled: IE used social media to try and influence voters.

Obama State Dept paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to Netanyahu's opponent's campaign in a blatant effort to try and defeat Netanyahu.

The US meddles in other country's elections all the time. Russia trying to influence an election is not a surprise. Every major power does in some way or another.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Aquila's Avatar
Aquila Aquila is offline
Brother In Christ


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30,238
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Russians meddled: IE used social media to try and influence voters.

Obama State Dept paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to Netanyahu's opponent's campaign in a blatant effort to try and defeat Netanyahu.

The US meddles in other country's elections all the time. Russia trying to influence an election is not a surprise. Every major power does in some way or another.
Well, I guess it would be rude to pick sides. lol
__________________
"Some people think I say inappropriate things. I prefer to think of it as, radical honesty." ~ Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Originalist Originalist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,841
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Well, I guess it would be rude to pick sides. lol
You must understand Hillary harps on this "Russian meddling" because she just cannot accept people voted against her while be thoughtful and analytical.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Aquila's Avatar
Aquila Aquila is offline
Brother In Christ


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30,238
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You must understand Hillary harps on this "Russian meddling" because she just cannot accept people voted against her while be thoughtful and analytical.
Eh, more people are concerned with Russian involvement than Hillary. However, I do see your point. She is incapable of accepting that the American people just don't want to deal with her or her husband anymore. Sure, some of us older folk like me remember when her husband was President and can judge if we want to deal with them again. But for the most part, the more recent generations of voters aren't so enamored with her or her husband. The Clinton Camelot is over. If she feels so passionately about her causes, it's time for her to find a place to serve that isn't so much in the lime light.

I voted for Hillary while pinching my nose. It was more of a vote against Trump. Sen. Bernie Sanders was much more my style. lol

The Republicans haven't fielded a candidate for President that I liked since Ronald Reagan (but I wasn't old enough to vote at that time). The Democrats are getting worse and worse too. Honestly, Bernie Sanders was the first Democrat I've seen that I actually felt was consistent, and who truly believed in his agenda. Sure, we can disagree with his agenda, but my thing was that HE believed in it. He wasn't just parroting what he was told to say by some campaign advisor who specializes in just telling us what we want to hear. And his record... he's pretty rock solid and consistent. He's always believed in what he believes in. Even though I disagree with the man on several issues, his track record speaks of solid convictions. So, love him or hate him... Bernie Sanders was the real deal.

I'm so sick of Hillary. I truly hope they find a padded room to lock her up in before she gets involved in the next election.

If Bernie isn't running... I'm not sure... I might abstain from voting or vote Libertarian. I'm not sure if either party has someone who is as solid and consistent as Sanders that they can field in 2020.
__________________
"Some people think I say inappropriate things. I prefer to think of it as, radical honesty." ~ Unknown

Last edited by Aquila; 02-09-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:32 AM
TJJJ's Avatar
TJJJ TJJJ is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,262
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Bush was just a RINO.

Closet liberal who resents that Trump thumped his widdle brudder.
__________________
For Once In Your Life Answer A Question
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 AM
n david n david is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15,707
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Bush was just a RINO.

Closet liberal who resents that Trump thumped his widdle brudder.
Are you talking about "Low Energy" Jeb?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:29 PM
TJJJ's Avatar
TJJJ TJJJ is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,262
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Are you talking about "Low Energy" Jeb?
Absolutely
__________________
For Once In Your Life Answer A Question
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Aquila's Avatar
Aquila Aquila is offline
Brother In Christ


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30,238
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

Somebody please buy that man a RedBull. LOL
__________________
"Some people think I say inappropriate things. I prefer to think of it as, radical honesty." ~ Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 17,412
Re: Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled'

No such thing as a RINO. Other than some tax cuts and a lot of empty promises the GOP isn't any different than the democruds.

More debt, more government, more war, more Big Brother, more immigration... and zero delivery on their promises.

"Vote GOP to stop Obamacare!" Remember that? "Vote GOP to repeal Obamacare!" Remember that, too? Then it was "Vote GOP to stop DACA Amnesty!"

I still remember the "Vote GOP to stop abortion, gay marriage, and get rid of federal control of Education."

Two words: kabuki theater. Both the dems and the GOP only represent the Donor Class. And none of us are members of that club.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did Russians Hack the Election? jfrog Political Talk 62 12-22-2016 12:44 PM
Giuliani: Russians Have Hillary's Emails deacon blues Political Talk 3 07-29-2016 08:43 AM
Chinese, Russians and Muslims. On My! Praxeas Fellowship Hall 38 08-25-2014 06:51 AM
Russians Rewarded for Procreation! MissBrattified Fellowship Hall 6 09-19-2007 11:49 AM
They look like Russians Praxeas Fellowship Hall 12 05-24-2007 08:43 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Jito463
- by CC1
- by aegsm76
- by n david

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.