Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Dr. Gerald Jeffers at First Church Pearland

http://www.firstchurch.com/DrJeffers.html

Found this at GNC. I have not watched it yet.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-05-2008, 07:32 AM
The LORD will fight for you

Re: Dr. Gerald Jeffers at First Church Pearland

The praise and worship has been awesome at Brother Gurley's church. I havne't gotten to the sermon yet, but what I've seen so far has been a blessing.

Thank you...

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 07-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
The praise and worship has been awesome at Brother Gurley's church. I havne't gotten to the sermon yet, but what I've seen so far has been a blessing.

Thank you...
You're welcome.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

sis.cindy thank you for posting this link ive always said that i wouldnt pick a favorite preacher..but bro.jeffers might make me eat my words this man knows how to touch my heart!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Forever Loved Admin

You're welcome.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Scripture > Tradition

based on this news story .. he must have had a really messy yard at his home at one time

http://www.mvtimes.com/news/2006/10/..._junk_cars.php
Old 07-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Do you think it is Dr. Gerald Jeffers in this news article Erik?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Do you think it is Dr. Gerald Jeffers in this news article Erik?
how many men with a name like that both live in Martha's Vineyard?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikwebster View Post
how many men with a name like that both live in Martha's Vineyard?
I thought he lived in Virginia. Could be I guess. Somehow I never related a gas station owner form Martha's Vineyard to a preacher.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

And it matters why? Like even you said it was... at one time... whats the deal???Dude get a life!