Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Errors In the Nicene Creed

Two points of contentions regarding the Nicene creed:

#1. Jesus Christ is the Giver of Life: Not the Holy Spirit:

John 6: 32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

All modern Bibles along with the King James Bible testify to that, but some modern Bibles defer the glory of that testimony by giving it to the Holy Spirit by capitalizing spirit in 2 Corinthians 3:6 below.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. King James Bible

Compare that to other English translation at this link below:

http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en...inthians%203:6

Right off the top, the 21st Century King James Verson has capitalized spirit.

So even though not all modern Bibles capitalized spirit and yet ALL modern Bibles testify that Jesus is the bread of life that gives life to the world, somehow the Nicene creed gave the glory of that title to the Holy Spirit.

How do we know that the small s in spirit is the correct translation?

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So spirit is referring to vital principle or mental disposition: not the Person of the Holy Spirit. May God help you to see that.

Romans 8:10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

So that lines up with the rest of scripture since Jesus Christ baptizes us with the Holy Spirit and thus as He does so, Jesus is giving us life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2. The Holy Spirit was not sent to be worshipped nor addressed in worship as again, the Holy Spirit dwells in us to lead us to honour the Son and thereby honour the Father for the Father can only be glorified through the Son in the assembly.

John 5: 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is God, but because of the error in the Nicene creed which leavened into unscriptural hymnals praisng the Holy Spirit specifically and thereby broadening the way to receive another spirit in the worship place that would mislead believers into thinking that those spirits is the Holy Spirit in its comings and goings.

If the Holy Spirit will not speak of himself but testify of the Lord Jesus Christ to seek his glory, then the spirits that are coming into the worship place to steal the spotlight and causing those to lift the banner glorifying the movement of the "Spirit" is not being done by the Holy Spirit nor are they led by the Holy Spirit to do so.

John 15: 26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Why?

Philippians 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 2: 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

We who are led by the Spirit of God shall do what He is sent to do.. to not speak of ourselves, but to testify and thereby glorify Jesus Christ and thus we are doing the will of God by honouring the Son and thereby honouring the Father in the worship place.

Jesus is the only way to call those out of the world of their spirit worship and addressing spirits to be witnesses of the Son as standing apart from the world.

That is why the indwelling Holy Spirit and the scriptures are still pointing believers to the Bridegroom in having that chaste relationship with God through Jesus Christ: our first love to avoid false spirits as well as false prophets.

May the Lord deliver those in error to narrow the way back to the Son.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Errors In the Nicene Creed

Errors in the Nicene Creed?

Horrors!!!

Perish the thought!!!!!

next phase in that slippery slope will be to claim there are errors in the UPC Manual
Old 07-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

There are errors in EVERY ministry.
Name me ONE perfect ministry!

Thank God for being merciful and knowing peoples hearts.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
Dordrecht's ministry...
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 07-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Errors in the Nicene Creed?

Horrors!!!

Perish the thought!!!!!

next phase in that slippery slope will be to claim there are errors in the UPC Manual
Old 07-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
Dordrecht's ministry...
Did you hear from the Lord, my brother?

Lol
Old 07-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Go Dodgers!

Did anyone ever see a quote by the Nicene Creed?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

BTW the REASON those translations capitalize Spirit is because there is a DEFINITE article before the word Spirit

Ho Pneuma.

This is referring to the Spirit of God and not a spirit of God, so it's capitalized just as the KJV capitalizes Spirit in other places

And Son

and Lord

And Christ

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

The minnistry of jesus christ is perfect.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
There are errors in EVERY ministry.

Thank God for being merciful and knowing peoples hearts.
Amen.