Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-31-2018, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Learn your gifts

Jk
Old 10-31-2018, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Outta here with that nonsense.
kid You take yourself way too seriously.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:47 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Sure
Old 10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
kid You take yourself way too seriously.
Houston has a right to not want his thread cluttered up with silly nonsense. The topic was not about organizations, but the gifts. Getting away from the actual topic is a waste of time, IMO.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
At the time I received the Holy Ghost April 3 1974, I also received a prophetic gift. I was truly amazed as I was not seeking it. I had repented Feb. 15 and turned from darkness to light.

I had not yet began to go to Church and had been neither in a Pentecostal or Charismatic Church in my life. All I knew was I loved Jesus.

I began to have prophetic dreams. They would usually come to pass in the next few days although later an expanse of time would sometimes pass before they were fulfilled.

I have a journal with over a hundred dreams that have come to pass over the years. So my experience is that no one taught me about the gift. It just happened and the way I knew it was real was when it would come to pass.
That sounds realistic.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yes, there is.

"But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal."

If a person's total desire to be used in the gifts is centered on love for the Kingdom of God and love for the people, they won't be shipwrecked.

I have known people who simply want to be used, but don't realize that the most important thing is not the gifts, but the love we have while being used in them.

How do we love? Being filled with His Spirit, of course, but also staying in communication with God as He renews our love and takes away our fears. When that happens, it is easier to be a channel to bless and strengthen the people of God and to show any visitor that this is what the Kingdom is about - power and love.
This makes sense. Someone with a 50% margin of error (his own words) probably has other motives.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
IMO a lot of "prophetic" declarations from evangelists to saints are simply them repeating what they were told by the Pastor before the service began. And a lot of "prophetic" dreams are the result of bad eating before going to bed.

Honestly, I don't believe most who claim to be a prophet or prophetic.
I think this is true. I had a pastor who used to say that the evangelist has full liberty to preach whatever is on his heart. Years later he slipped up and told us that he gives cues to the evangelist when he wants him to stay on a topic, change a topic. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he told The evangelist some peoples issues. Especially when it was common for people to say that God told them something when in reality they received info from another person. The justification for saying “God told me” was that God must have wanted them to know or they would have never received the information.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:07 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
This makes sense. Someone with a 50% margin of error (his own words) probably has other motives.
Exactly!

Even with the Holy Ghost, we have to be renewed by spending time with God. When we spend time with God, He fills us with love, we reach out in love, making selfishness the least of our problems.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I think this is true. I had a pastor who used to say that the evangelist has full liberty to preach whatever is on his heart. Years later he slipped up and told us that he gives cues to the evangelist when he wants him to stay on a topic, change a topic. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he told The evangelist some peoples issues. Especially when it was common for people to say that God told them something when in reality they received info from another person. The justification for saying “God told me” was that God must have wanted them to know or they would have never received the information.
I hope he learned his lesson in some way and repented of coercing the Spirit in a service. Totally carnality.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I hope he learned his lesson in some way and repented of coercing the Spirit in a service. Totally carnality.
I don’t know what happened after I left. He has lost a lot of people.