Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Dr. Vaughn
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branahm a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Because you are trying to use Paul's silence on issues pertaining to some aspects of exuberant worship to justify condemning the practices.
Talk about silence.. what do you with the fact that Pentecostal type of worship can be found NO WHERE in the NT?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
StMark StMark is offline
Pot Stirrer


 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,102
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branham a ...

Prax, here is the bottom line. The Branhamites believe that the ear of Pentecost is over. God is not working in our churches anymore. They have moved on to a deeper level. They think we are living in the past era.

Now Vaughn, you can deny this but again, I heard this from THEIR MOUTH This didn't come from me.


They believe the rapture already took place but it took place in their spirit and mind. They've already been elevated for lack of a better word. We are going to be raptured individually as we get the revelation of the prophet.

They don't believe in a literal catching away of the saints like we do
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Rico Rico is offline
Shaking the dust off my shoes.


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nunya bidness
Posts: 9,004
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branahm a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Talk about silence.. what do you with the fact that Pentecostal type of worship can be found NO WHERE in the NT?
Not specifically endorsing something does not equate to condemning it, DV. That's the point you don't seem to get. So what if there aren't specific examples of people running around the aisles in the NT. People have tried it and found that God likes it. It can fall under the making a joyful noise category you also reject because it's in the OT.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Dr. Vaughn
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branham a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Prax, here is the bottom line. The Branhamites believe that the ear of Pentecost is over. God is not working in our churches anymore. They have moved on to a deeper level. They think we are living in the past era.

Now Vaughn, you can deny this but again, I heard this from THEIR MOUTH This didn't come from me.


They believe the rapture already took place but it took place in their spirit and mind. They've already been elevated for lack of a better word. We are going to be raptured individually as we get the revelation of the prophet.

They don't believe in a literal catching away of the saints like we do

Oh good Lord...... we don't believe in a literal catching away??? Hold on brother,, tons of quotes coming your way to prove you wrong once again on these issues......
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Dr. Vaughn
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branahm a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Not specifically endorsing something does not equate to condemning it, DV. That's the point you don't seem to get. So what if there aren't specific examples of people running around the aisles in the NT. People have tried it and found that God likes it. It can fall under the making a joyful noise category you also reject because it's in the OT.
But when Paul calls for ORDER.. running Isles like the buildings on fire is NOT ORDER.. its chaos.....

When Paul calls for limited songs and testimonies.. with the focus being the WORD.. when he calls for the de-emphasis of tongues.. when he calls for quietness... it just don't sound like a Pentecostal church to me
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:49 PM
StMark StMark is offline
Pot Stirrer


 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,102
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branham a ...

The Branhamites believe that the ear of Pentecost is over. God is not working in our churches anymore. They have moved on to a deeper level. They think we are living in the past era.

Vaugn, There might be different teachings on the rapture within your group I'll give you that. we have the same thing but the obove comment is true and acorss the board
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Dr. Vaughn
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branham a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
The Branhamites believe that the ear of Pentecost is over. God is not working in our churches anymore. They have moved on to a deeper level. They think we are living in the past era.

Vaugn, There might be different teachings on the rapture within your group I'll give you that. we have the same thing but the obove comment is true and acorss the board
I absolutely believe the first line..... just as God moved past the Wesley Age, the Lutheran Age. the Baptist Age he doesnt stop at the Pentecostal Age... Laodocia is over and we are now in the Bride Age.. when God is calling his Bride to the Word.. out of every denomination of man... he is calling her out of Pentecost... into THE WORD

I will always tell you when you DO STRIKE on what we believe..... but to say we dont believe in the literal catching away is ludicrous
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
StMark StMark is offline
Pot Stirrer


 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,102
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branham a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
I absolutely believe the first line..... just as God moved past the Wesley Age, the Lutheran Age. the Baptist Age he doesnt stop at the Pentecostal Age... Laodocia is over and we are now in the Bride Age.. when God is calling his Bride to the Word.. out of every denomination of man... he is calling her out of Pentecost... into THE WORD

I will always tell you when you DO STRIKE on what we believe..... but to say we dont believe in the literal catching away is ludicrous


Well Finally!!! Vaughn admits to SOMETHING!!!!

Progress has been made this Day Ya'll !!!!!!

I told you Prax, They think our churches are a thing of the past and God is not in our churches.


Vaughn, whether you want to admit it, there are quite a few Branhamites that DO NOT believe in the traditional teaching of the rapture. in fact, many are living in the mountains waiting for the end of the world
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Rico Rico is offline
Shaking the dust off my shoes.


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nunya bidness
Posts: 9,004
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branahm a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
But when Paul calls for ORDER.. running Isles like the buildings on fire is NOT ORDER.. its chaos.....

When Paul calls for limited songs and testimonies.. with the focus being the WORD.. when he calls for the de-emphasis of tongues.. when he calls for quietness... it just don't sound like a Pentecostal church to me
According to you it isn't order, DV. You are taking your notion of what "order" means and trying to apply it to everyone around you. An orderly service could mean a service that does things in a certain sequence, like praise and worship first, then testimonies, then offering, then preaching, then praying for those who respond, then some more praise and worship, then dismissal. See? There's an order to those things.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Dr. Vaughn
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branahm a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
According to you it isn't order, DV. You are taking your notion of what "order" means and trying to apply it to everyone around you. An orderly service could mean a service that does things in a certain sequence, like praise and worship first, then testimonies, then offering, then preaching, then praying for those who respond, then some more praise and worship, then dismissal. See? There's an order to those things.
Yeah,, just dont mind those 20 people in the floors as you bring your offering... real order there my friend
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help, I'm Confused! chseeads Fellowship Hall 25 02-22-2008 10:22 PM
I AM So COnfused!! Emma Bontrager Fellowship Hall 55 12-07-2007 03:28 PM
OK, Now I am totally confused... Carpenter Fellowship Hall 29 11-26-2007 07:39 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.