Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Good Day / Bad Day For CC1

I have been a bachelor this week as my wife is gone on a trip to Ms. and La. Things have been crazy work wise and I have not had as much time as I had hoped to get some things done and more importantly enjoy this beautiful 80 degree weather by riding my motorcycle a bunch.

Before my wife left she had an unrepairable flat on her car and I had to move up by three months a $607.00 tire purchase to right now. This just two days after I bought a laptop to use until I fix my cratered desktop.

Now to top matters off I miscalculated on my bank balance and just found out today that over the last two days a bunch of little piddily checks / check card purchases caused me to have overdrafts. My bank pays them but I still have to pay the overdraft fee of $35.00 per item and there are TEN of them for a total of $350.00. Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be in the habit of looking at my account online every couple of days but have been so busy lately that I didn't look at it for the last two weeks or so and thought I was ok keeping a mental balance in my head.

Oh well, the weather is still great and I am definitley riding my motorcycle tomorrow for a good long ride!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Do you ever listen to Dave Ramsey?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I have been a bachelor this week as my wife is gone on a trip to Ms. and La. Things have been crazy work wise and I have not had as much time as I had hoped to get some things done and more importantly enjoy this beautiful 80 degree weather by riding my motorcycle a bunch.

Before my wife left she had an unrepairable flat on her car and I had to move up by three months a $607.00 tire purchase to right now. This just two days after I bought a laptop to use until I fix my cratered desktop.

Now to top matters off I miscalculated on my bank balance and just found out today that over the last two days a bunch of little piddily checks / check card purchases caused me to have overdrafts. My bank pays them but I still have to pay the overdraft fee of $35.00 per item and there are TEN of them for a total of $350.00. Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be in the habit of looking at my account online every couple of days but have been so busy lately that I didn't look at it for the last two weeks or so and thought I was ok keeping a mental balance in my head.

Oh well, the weather is still great and I am definitley riding my motorcycle tomorrow for a good long ride!!!
The 607.00 I could live with, but that 350.00 - It makes me wince just to hear it!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:31 PM
the ultracon

You're having a bad week buddy....wear your helmet !!!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
the ultracon

My BIL just oponed a custom bike shop..I was sitting on a 35,000 custom bike they just finished for a custiomer today.

His son, my nephew, shoots the traps at over 160 mph on his drag bike.

Now that is riding CC1
Old 03-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Forget-it

You know, CC, I thought of you tonight as I fired up the grill. You would have enjoyed your bike ride up here for dinner.

Seriously, PM me your number. You and our ivory tickling friend need to bring your spouses up here so we can have a cookout and some fellowship.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

Apply for overdraft protection. You will only pay the interest untill you deposit enough to cover the balance.

You will never have to pay an overdraft again.

I keep a ledger that my wife and I use for enture year.

I have 15 of the in a drawer from years past.

We never use a check book ledger.

We take out our amounts each night and it is in a central location we can both see each day.

There are sage guards you can put in place so you never have to worry about your balance...
Old 03-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

a co-worker's husband's paycheck bounced today..... eeeekkkkkk!!!!

I'd hate to work for that company....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 03-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

CC1, If you bank with AmSouth, I might be able to get the overdraft charges taken care of for you! I've got some friends in high places there!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsambeW View Post
You know, CC, I thought of you tonight as I fired up the grill. You would have enjoyed your bike ride up here for dinner.

Seriously, PM me your number. You and our ivory tickling friend need to bring your spouses up here so we can have a cookout and some fellowship.
Mrs. Pianoman might be interested if you can throw a golf game in there!