Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Demon Possession

Can a backslider who opened the doors to sin, can this person repent, renew them self in the Holy Ghost and still be demon possessed afterward?
Old 01-17-2019, 01:21 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Demon Possession

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainWashed View Post
Can a backslider who opened the doors to sin, can this person repent, renew them self in the Holy Ghost and still be demon possessed afterward?
no
Old 01-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I would say NO.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Open doors to sin? Renew oneself in the Holy Ghost? Where does the Bible talk like this?

Sin is an action, not a stuff and not a person coming through a door, certainly not a demon.

I would think God renews us, by His Spirit, not we renewing ourselves in the Spirit.

Does the Bible teach that demon possessed people are essentially anything other than what we nowadays call "insane" or "mentally ill"? And therefore under something else's control? And therefore we should make clear the distinction between a typical "sinner" or "backslider", and someone who is "demoniac"?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

If Christ is in a person, demons will not be there.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

I sent you a private message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Open doors to sin? Renew oneself in the Holy Ghost? Where does the Bible talk like this?

Sin is an action, not a stuff and not a person coming through a door, certainly not a demon.

I would think God renews us, by His Spirit, not we renewing ourselves in the Spirit.

Does the Bible teach that demon possessed people are essentially anything other than what we nowadays call "insane" or "mentally ill"? And therefore under something else's control? And therefore we should make clear the distinction between a typical "sinner" or "backslider", and someone who is "demoniac"?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I have seen plenty of what appears to be normal nice people completely full of devils and plenty of mentally ill people that were not possessed by devils. I’ve seen regular sinners and I have seen backsliders ( still sinners ) full of devils.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
I have seen plenty of what appears to be normal nice people completely full of devils and plenty of mentally ill people that were not possessed by devils. I’ve seen regular sinners and I have seen backsliders ( still sinners ) full of devils.
But what do the Scriptures say? I've seen all kinds of weird stuff. But the Bible is reality. So we should make our conclusions based on what the Bible says, and judge our experiences by the Word.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-17-2019, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
But what do the Scriptures say? I've seen all kinds of weird stuff. But the Bible is reality. So we should make our conclusions based on what the Bible says, and judge our experiences by the Word.
My experience were judged by the word... they were demon possessed and I prayed for them in the name of Jesus like the Bible says and they got delivered and Repented and got the Holy Ghost... I’ve seen this happen a minimum of 20 times but im sure more than that.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
My experience were judged by the word... they were demon possessed and I prayed for them in the name of Jesus like the Bible says and they got delivered and Repented and got the Holy Ghost... I’ve seen this happen a minimum of 20 times but im sure more than that.
I don't believe you. I believe that YOU believe they were demon possessed. True demon possession I would say is very rare. I am almost 50 I have been in hundreds if not thousands of services in my life. I have witnessed only one occasion were demon possession MIGHT have been the case.