Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Pot Stirrer

Is AFF the "Apostate Forum" ???

I receieved word the other day that AFF was being referred to as the "APOSTATE FRIENDS FORUM". I wont say who was calling us that or what format it was coming from.

If you are still a true Apostolic,shouldn't you be offended by ministers painting you as such just because there are some here who don't believe in strict Standards? NOt everyone AFF has gone "Charismatic".
Old 02-01-2008, 12:00 AM
"I am a friend of God"...sing it!

Re: Is AFF the "Apostate Forum" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
I receieved word the other day that AFF was being referred to as the "APOSTATE FRIENDS FORUM". I wont say who was calling us that or what format it was coming from.

If you are still a true Apostolic,shouldn't you be offended by ministers painting you as such just because there are some here who don't believe in strict Standards? NOt everyone AFF has gone "Charismatic".
There is so much food for thought that maybe we should call this the "Apple Fritters Forum".
Old 02-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Why do all your threads disappear?
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post

Ummm, If I told you, this one would disappear too
Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

Personally anyone that sounds like Caston Smith in my book is void of real faith in Christ...they genuinely don't have a clue what it means to be a Christian and to have Agape.

The weapons of their warfare are carnal

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post
We do it to annoy him...same reason why I am always invisible...we just make his threads invisible too

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 AM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:

It doesn't bother me any more than being called a dinosaur or a Pharisee.

Which is to say, not at all, because I know the truth about myself . . . . I may have one or two reservations about the REST OF YOU ALL . . . .

Goodness, poor old Keith got called a "Corinthian."

I say, if you're going to insult me, call me something that doesn't require me to read an entire book before I understand the insult.

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 AM
delete account

Talking Re: Is AFF the "Apostate Forum" ???

Quote:

I thought they were talking about the AFF ultra-conservatives.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:34 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Not everybody is mature enough to come here and post....
Old 02-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Not everybody is mature enough to come here and post....
Amen! And those who arent... have been guided out the door LOL... or will be soon I am sure!