Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
I can. I will not. Another church started in the area he was in but I assure you it had nothing to do with race. I sat on the HM committee that approved the work. How's that for proof?
Wasn't the church more in the Kennesaw area rather than Marrietta? I didn't think the two churches were close to each other at all.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Urban Pastor

No - it was in Marietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
Wasn't the church more in the Kennesaw area rather than Marrietta? I didn't think the two churches were close to each other at all.
The church (actually all THREE UPC churches) was in Marietta - it was nowhere near Kennesaw.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:33 PM
just lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
Bishop & Sister Tenney were the special guests at Free Chapel Worship Center in Gainesville, GA with Pastor Jentezen Franklin on Pentecost Sunday. Bishop Tenney preached two powerful ACTS 2 messages and quoted Acts 2:38 several times. Rev. Doug Kliendenst directed the people on how to receive the Holy Ghost - head back - arms up - eyes closed..... and many hundreds were filled. I know that this will be Doug's CLAIM TO FAME that he "preached" (which he did not) at Free Chapel to over 7000 people on Pentecost Sunday. No telling what his numbers will end up being!

My youngest son was there and said it was pretty awesome. Free Chapel is a Congregational Holiness Church - an offshoot from Pentecostal Holiness and FC has over 10,000 members. The new facility was debt free when they walked in the doors 2 years ago. It seats 3,700 and they are getting ready to add 2000 more seats and a 500 seat Youth Sanctuary this year at a cost of 30 mil. It will be debt free when they walk into it.

The Tenneys are frequent guests and Pastor Franklin considers Bishop Tenney his pastor.
What I want to know is why I never hear about these things that happen in my own backyard until AFTER they happen!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
BISHOP TFT?

Yeah right.
hmmmmm Admin...is this a personal slam againt a pastor...former DS...former FMD...former GYDP.........just wondered.....if not then its ok for me to tell OP how stupid it was to slam such a good man.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
BISHOP TFT?

Yeah right.
By the way rocket science.....Bishop means overseer...which he was of over 800 Pastors in Louisiana.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
By the way rocket science.....Bishop means overseer...which he was of over 800 Pastors in Louisiana.
Thank you. Some people are so afraid of that word.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
You are sooooooooooooo disrespectful. Its just because of mean and hateful people like you that so many of us don't want anything to do with most of your movement.
We are not talking about Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggart, Paul Crouch or Joel Osteen - we are honoring a APOSTOLIC MAN OF GOD and giving him great honor and respect.
This is exactly my point - You Apostolic guys - hate each other - you don't have any respect for anyone that is one hair different from you and your little ideology.
Your disrespect sickens me - that sir is why many have left your movement and want NOTHING to do with it. You don't even respect your own brothers.

Thank God everyone in the UPC and the Apostolic movement are NOT LIKE YOU!

BRAVO my friend!

Wait till they find out me and Tiffany are gonna come to Atlant to preach for you!

Me...a UPC man!!!!!.............
Old 06-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
BRAVO my friend!

Wait till they find out me and Tiffany are gonna come to Atlant to preach for you!

Me...a UPC man!!!!!.............
Call for your license NOW young man!!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

NLYP, are you gifted in offering collection? Or just gifted?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
NLYP, are you gifted in offering collection? Or just gifted?
NOOO!!!!!!!!! I HATE...yea Verily HATE taking up offerings!!!!!