Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

8th Commandment in perspective

8th Commandment--Thou shall not steal.
We think that stealing is when someone takes something from us that's ours. God says that ALL things belong to Him and if someone takes something from you to not get angry about it and leave that person for Him to deal with. He says that if they ask to give them even your coat.
ALL things belong to God and He's teaching us that love is more important than stuff. I don't CARE if we worked for a year to buy that thing. We need to stop placing so much importance on junk--then if it disappears we could care less.
If we throw a hissy fit over some lost junk then we have dishonoured how He taught us and the way He expects us to be. We are then breaking the 8th Commandment OURSELVES and stealing from Him--for we are not giving back with actions from the words and ways of His teachings.
Yeshua Bless You
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

Re: 8th Commandment in perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
We think that stealing is when someone takes something from us that's ours. God says that ALL things belong to Him and if someone takes something from you to not get angry about it and leave that person for Him to deal with. He says that if they ask to give them even your coat.
ALL things belong to God and He's teaching us that love is more important than stuff. I don't CARE if we worked for a year to buy that thing. We need to stop placing so much importance on junk--then if it disappears we could care less.
If we throw a hissy fit over some lost junk then we have dishonoured how He taught us and the way He expects us to be. We are then breaking the 8th Commandment OURSELVES and stealing from Him--for we are not giving back with actions from the words and ways of His teachings.
Yeshua Bless You

....except.....I'm still phoning the cops when I
see a thief leaving the house with God's merchandise.....

Last edited by Dordrecht; 12-15-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

Back in the summer, I had my storage bin broken into and things stolen. They straightened it and cleaned it for me. I laughed about it, I had decided to clean it out and give almost everything away. My son DID NOT find my humor amusing. They took his cowboy stuff (he was a bareback rider) and he got mad at me when I laughed at him.
I couldn't even figure out what they took of mine until I went to put up a Christmas tree. All the pretty crystal icicles, snowflakes and ornaments that I had spent 35 years collecting were gone. It was the ONLY container that I would have kept. I still decided to laugh it off. I think God tested me in this. The only thing that I cherished among my junk was the ONLY thing that was stolen.
Yeshua Bless You
Old 12-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
Yeshua Bless You
Can I have your coat?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post

....except.....I'm still phoning the cops when I
see a thief leaving the house with God's merchandise.....
Bwahahahaha
Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Registered Member

Lu 11:21
When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Wonder what our Lord was trying to tell us when he spoke these words.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyd View Post
Lu 11:21
When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Wonder what our Lord was trying to tell us when he spoke these words.

When a strong man armed with the full armour of God keeps His TRUE palace(love, truth, and wisdom), His house is always at peace.
Yeshua Bless You