Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:03 PM
of 9!! :)

Re: Thyroid Cancer

Praise the Lord that all went well!
Praying you heal quickly, CC1!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Had my post op doctor visit yesterday. The doctor was surprised that one of my vocal chords is damaged as he thought they had avoided that in the surgery. I can only speak in a whisper and because air leaks when I try to speak my speaking is labored and I am wiped out after a few sentances plus it hurts my throat. The doctor hopes this is temporary but hsa warned me it could be permanent. If it doesn't heal there are some medical procedures they can do to try and help. This issue also causes me to not be able to fully cough, clear my throat, etc and in short is pretty miserable.

Late yesterday the pathology report also came back from my surgery and sadly confirmed the diagnosis that the cancer is malignant. They did find cancer in at least some of the lymph nodes they removed. This was no surprise as based on the large size of the cancer on my thyroid they expected this.

My next step is to meeti with an endicrinologist to plan my radiation therapy that should happen in about six weeks. In the meantime I ended up at the ER last Sunday night with what turned out to be a magnesium deficiency. Watching football my neck then face had started tingling and my lips went numb which was on the list of post op notes to be on the lookout for and to call the doctor if they ocurred. The doctor on call had me go to the ER and I complied as the consequences if you don't get calcium or magnesium deficiency taken care of his irregular heart rhythm, etc. I had a magnesium infusion and have been ok since.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-23-2020, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Praying for you CC1.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:18 PM
Not riding the train

I am very sorry you are going through this. We all stand with you in prayer. I hope that you find comfort very soon. God be with you.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:05 PM

So very sorry to hear about these complications. Trusting God to take care of you dear brother.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:26 PM
On the road less traveled

Praying for healing for your vocal cords, and for there to be light at the end of this tunnel that you are in. There are many miraculous interventions that the Lord has blessed doctors with, and I am praying that either through the Hands of the Great Physician or those whom He has gifted wisdom and understanding will bring you healing for this cancer in Jesus name.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words and prayers everybody. I now have a second surgery scheduled for next week, Oct 8, 2020. This is to try and address the vocal chord damage that is making it impossible for me to speak, fully cough or clear my throat, and also makes it harder to swallow.

I still have my radiation treatment probably a month down the road but taking things one step at a time! I had planned on being back at work this week but that has not been able to happen. I have dipped my toe in the work water though and am monitoring emails and helping the folks covering for me where I can.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-30-2020, 11:32 AM

Continuing in prayer for you!
Old 10-08-2020, 08:29 AM
Administrator

This afternoon (10/8/20) I go to the hospital for my second surgery, this one to try and help the damaged vocal chord keeping me from being able to speak or breathe correctly while trying to speak. Please pray that things go well. My concern is that at the very least no further damage is done in this effort to make things better. Of course I am hoping this procedure to put filler material in to help the air leaking is a great success and helps a lot.

I still have radiation treatment in a few weeks but one step at a time!

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 10-08-2020, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Praying for you, brother!