Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Street Corner Preaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight47 View Post
I've done it. The church I was saved at has regular street meetings where the ministers preach on the street corner in DC. Some of my fondest memories were on Halloween night every year when we went near the Georgetown Campus in the evening when things were just "heating up". I respect those who do. I think it has it's place. I'm not sure how effective it is.

However, I think we as Apostolics face certain challenges when it comes to street preaching and door knocking. There are so many other groups that may have made a bad name for street preachers.
If you don't mind me asking where did you live in the District?
Old 07-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight47 View Post
Going door to door asking for prayer requests, I've found is an extremely effective form of evangelism. I loved doing it with my last church. We'd pray with people right at their door step. Many were relieved that we weren't there to "convert them" or hand them reading material they were only going to throw away anyway.
So what were the results? How is it an effective form of evangelism?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-23-2015, 06:37 AM
Banned

For many house churches, this is a common method of public ministry.

I'm sure there are mixed results. It depends on the methods employed by the individual preacher, the message, and the population being preached to. A message of hell fire and brimstone may not pull in numbers in this day and age, but the Word is preached. I've noticed that messages that address injustices, abuses, and excesses within the church resonate with many listeners. So many have been burned by religion... to hear a preacher condemn "the institutional system" of the church for these abuses not only resonates, but it can be healing for those hearing someone unafraid to call the church out for its greed and power hungry spirit instead of just condemn the social sins of society at large. We had the presently un-churched saying, "Amen".... while prim and proper church folk looked dazed. lol Interestingly, we've even had dedicated church attendees stand up and get mean about protecting the "authority of the bishop" or the church's right to collect and aggregate wealth. These "Christians" were meaner than some of the homos and thugs we've encountered. lol

If your goal is to get the "word out" and stir some of your community it is great. As far as numbers... we've prayed with many people on the street, a few street baptisms and a hand full of visitors.

I've found that the best method of reaching an individual and keeping them in fellowship is to build an authentic friendship and relationship with them.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:27 AM
Registered Member

You're so correct; sadly???
Old 08-27-2015, 09:02 AM
On the road less traveled

While street preaching does have its place, I suppose... like Aquila and others said... because of the bad rap from so many who have abused the street corner preaching (think Westboro)... it is not really that effective.

I would think having a street service would be more effective than street preaching. People are drawn to music, and will stop and listen to music, especially good anointed Pentecostal music... and then a message about the redeeming power of the gospel would be a wonderful way to share the gospel, touching hearts and lives first.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:05 AM

Get a guitar and an accordion, stand on a street corner, or corner of a local park, and begin to sing gospel songs and hymns, and take up prayer requests, have a short message every so often about the power of the gospel and have folks ready to pray with those who will be moved by the anointed singing. Then build a relationship with those people. This would be far more effective than screaming judgment at the top of your lungs at people, in my opinion.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Get a guitar and an accordion, stand on a street corner, or corner of a local park, and begin to sing gospel songs and hymns, and take up prayer requests, have a short message every so often about the power of the gospel and have folks ready to pray with those who will be moved by the anointed singing. Then build a relationship with those people. This would be far more effective than screaming judgment at the top of your lungs at people, in my opinion.
Another way of looking at it is perhaps they would NEVER hear a message of judgment if not for the street preacher? Judgment was always a major theme on the heart of God.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Have you done this? What were the results?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Another way of looking at it is perhaps they would NEVER hear a message of judgment if not for the street preacher? Judgment was always a major theme on the heart of God.
hmm, i wonder if "was" is not the op word there...
Old 06-21-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Possible. If the message of judgement is mixed with hope, all is not in vain. But too many pinpoint judgment only, at least in the many street preacher messages I've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Have you done this? What were the results?
Yes, we have had street meetings, and "park meetings", worshiping the Lord, singing, along with testimonies and preaching. Also, we hold our home fellowship meetings outside in the summer where people passing by can hear. As far as results, I've not personally witnessed any directly connected conversions to this, but as the Word says, we sow the seed, and we may never know the results, but at least seeds are being planted.