Apostolic Friends Forum  

Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery
Facebook

Notices

The Nursery Where we await new little ones in our AFF Fellowship Family!

Old 10-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Immunizations/Vaccinations

My wife will be having our twins in a little over a month, Lord-willing. We also have a 5 year old daughter.

Pro? Con? What's your opinion of babies receiving 19 immunization shots before they're 12 months old, and 6 more by their 18th month?
Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Re: Immunizations/Vaccinations

Our 5 year old has received several of her scheduled vaccinations, but not all. With each shot, I prayed that God would protect her and keep her from any harmful side affects. I felt so confused and conflicted over the issue. I didn't know anything about immunizations, other than I had had some when I was born - though not nearly the amount being scheduled now. Her Dr. pushed the vaccines whenever we went in for her checkups, and family members and friends made me feel like I was harming my daughter for even questioning whether or not to vaccinate her.

I remember one visit where she received 4 shots. I was a nervous wreck and prayed she would be safe. Thankfully, she was fine and didn't seem to have any side effects from the multiple shots. That was the last time she had immunization shots.

The past couple months I've been trying to be more proactive in reading about the immunizations. Honestly, I'm more confused and conflicted now than I was as an ignorant first-time father.

One couple we know are very anti-immunization. Their daughter almost died from an allergic reaction to a DTaP or MMR shot. One the other hand, my neice is a nurse who works in maternity or labor and delivery at the hospital. She's mostly for immunizations, as is her mother (my sister).

Some websites I've been looking at:

John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
This website has a lot of information on the components/ingredients of vaccines. They also have information on Thimersol, which they claim has mostly been removed from all current vaccines. Of course, there are still the formaldehyde, aluminum, bovine and aborted fetal extracts which are still in the vaccines. Another helpful part of this website, is they have .pdf's of the vaccine package inserts, so you can read all the fine print with each vaccine.

"Growing Up Vaccinated"
Interesting read from someone who received vaccinations, and is living with some side effects. Her mother was a nurse and husband went to medical school. She has a background in law and political science and looks at the politics behind Big Pharma and the government. They did not vaccinate their children.

She wrote another article HERE in which she gives her opinion on God and vaccines -- she says God doesn't approve. There are some good points in the article A disturbing detail is when she goes writes about the aborted fetal extracts used in vaccinations.

The more I read, the more I am leaning against vaccinations. My wife, however, seems to be leaning more for vaccinations.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Not riding the train

Why we chose not to vaccinate our child

Unless you are keeping up on all your booster shots, you are just a much as “risk” as my child is. And honestly I’ve never understand the argument to begin with. How could my unvaccinated kid risk your vaccinated kid if your vaccinations work? Just a thought.

How do you decide for yourself?

Read. Read a variety. Read both sides. Talk to people. I have a list at the bottom of this post of related reading to get you started if you need help. But ultimately you need to follow what feels right to you. Not your doctor. Not your neighbor. Not your mom. And certainly not me.

Go with your gut. It’s your child. Your situation. It’s your choice so make it wisely.

Don’t let fear or stress immobilize you. There are no perfect solutions. But know that no matter what you choose, I think you’re doing your best.

http://www.thankyourbody.com/why-we-...ate-our-child/
Old 10-14-2014, 07:19 PM
On the road less traveled

It is very difficult to know what to do, and I feel the agony of your decision. I would take it to the Lord in prayer, and ask Him for direction about what to do. There is so much research that is pro, and against vaccinations that it is indeed mind-boggling. So much of what we took for granted the past 50 years that the government and FDA said was "good for us", is now all coming into question, and it is hard to know whether you are indeed hearing facts, or someone's opinion.

Let us know what you decide. I will pray that the Lord gives you wisdom in this! By the way... so exciting to be welcoming twins into your home! My family (brother and sister) have a set of twins each, and they are so much fun... double the work, but double blessings too
Old 10-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

It's difficult because I feel as though their health and lives partly hinge on what our decision will be.

My wife had a follow up appt today which I was unable to attend. Of course this was the appt where both the nurse and the Dr recommended my wife receive both a TDaP and Flu shots today. When my wife explained we hadn't decided whether or not to immunize, she said the Dr was kind and understanding, but the nurse turned really mean towards her.

I read an article from the CDC earlier in which children were vaccinated against pertussis (whooping cough). Over half still became infected and then became carriers.

Thinking of the horrendous side effects which have been published, why get a shot that not only has the possibility of harming you, but isn't even effective in over half the cases?

I'm praying for wisdom, because I'm not a smart man when it comes to these things and I can be somewhat swayed by someone with initials after their name. Though lately I've been much more cynical of it all, questioning the money trail and how much of these are necessary vs Big Pharma just being greedy.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
It is very difficult to know what to do, and I feel the agony of your decision. I would take it to the Lord in prayer, and ask Him for direction about what to do. There is so much research that is pro, and against vaccinations that it is indeed mind-boggling. So much of what we took for granted the past 50 years that the government and FDA said was "good for us", is now all coming into question, and it is hard to know whether you are indeed hearing facts, or someone's opinion.

Let us know what you decide. I will pray that the Lord gives you wisdom in this! By the way... so exciting to be welcoming twins into your home! My family (brother and sister) have a set of twins each, and they are so much fun... double the work, but double blessings too
Thank you, we are very excited, though a bit apprehensive as well. Prayers are appreciated!
Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 PM
On the road less traveled

It is very hard to discern facts from opinion, and this is where making a decision about something like this is better to take before the Lord, and have His wisdom guide you.

Data can be interpreted in many different ways... things can be left out, opinions can favor one way or the other. Something certainly has caused the huge amounts of autism in children, along with ADD, ADHD, autoimmune disorders and more in the past few decades. Along with vaccines, the food supply that we have been told is "good" for us, is now being revealed to have its own set of deadly issues. So... is it vaccines, is it our food, is it the fluoride in our water, is it all the chemicals in the soil, and water? I don't know, and neither does anyone else, although there are certainly a myriad of opinions out there! Yes, it is mind boggling, to say the least.

Yet, the ONLY ONE who does know the answer to your dilemma is the Lord. I would spend time in prayer about it, and let the spirit of the Lord guide you in making this decision.... and let us know how things go!

Will certainly be praying for you!!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Registered Member

I raised 3 daughters. Our choice was no vaccines. There were some battles with the schools but we by Gods grace overcame. Thank YHWH my kids were shielded from disease as well as the vaccines.

I met a woman some years back who laid the blame for her daughters autism on the vaccine she was given. I work in a setting with mentally disabled people. No telling how many lives were harmed through them.

So it can be done but I think the laws and school policies are probably tighter now than in those days in the 80's. It would really be important to see what the state is able to do if you do not. You dont want to risk losing them to the state.

Pray as has been said for wisdom and for Gods power and guidance. I will pray this night. Blessings to you.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:27 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
My wife will be having our twins in a little over a month, Lord-willing. We also have a 5 year old daughter.

Pro? Con? What's your opinion of babies receiving 19 immunization shots before they're 12 months old, and 6 more by their 18th month?
According to our first son's pediatrician, vaccinations will prevent a child from ever developing full immunity against whatever they vaccinated for.

Before giving your child shots read these:

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/cdc...ink-to-autism/

http://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines/statistics.htm

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...o-to-vaccines/

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
It is very hard to discern facts from opinion, and this is where making a decision about something like this is better to take before the Lord, and have His wisdom guide you.

Data can be interpreted in many different ways... things can be left out, opinions can favor one way or the other. Something certainly has caused the huge amounts of autism in children, along with ADD, ADHD, autoimmune disorders and more in the past few decades. Along with vaccines, the food supply that we have been told is "good" for us, is now being revealed to have its own set of deadly issues. So... is it vaccines, is it our food, is it the fluoride in our water, is it all the chemicals in the soil, and water? I don't know, and neither does anyone else, although there are certainly a myriad of opinions out there! Yes, it is mind boggling, to say the least.

Yet, the ONLY ONE who does know the answer to your dilemma is the Lord. I would spend time in prayer about it, and let the spirit of the Lord guide you in making this decision.... and let us know how things go!

Will certainly be praying for you!!!!
The debate is certainly a heated one! A church friend of ours said she was at a family picnic and a couple of her aunts yelled at her for several minutes because her and her husband have not vaccinated their 8 month old boy yet. She had to leave the park because she said she felt scared they were so angry it was going to escalate.

There are an unending amount of opinions, and it's difficult separating fact from fiction. Someone sent me a link from a blog claiming Israel had created a certain vaccine which contains nanobots that can be activated remotely and cause changes in the body, even death. The blogger claimed Israel made it as a race weapon. I had also heard a lot about Thimersol being in vaccines, but I found data sheets which show it's been removed from almost all the vaccines. Mercury also has been removed from almost all vaccines. Granted, the CDC could be lying about it.

My sister warned me about not getting vaccines, specifically the vaccine against whooping cough, since health experts claim the number is rising due to non-immunized children. They cited California's big rise in cases, but failed to consider it was largely migrant worker's kids who were also exposed to pesticides from parents working in the fields. Perhaps the pesticides had nothing to do with it, but it should at least be considered before blaming it on not being vaccinated.

I just rented an ebook, "Vaccine Epidemic: How Corporate Greed, Biased Science, and Coercive Government Threaten Our Human Rights, Our Health, and Our Children," by Louise Kuo Habakus, M.A.and Mary Holland, J.D. *I'm interested in reading how money is driving and affecting this issue.

One thing I read on a blog which has stuck in my mind is, in the past 30 years the CDC schedule for vaccinations has nearly tripled, yet the number of cases of autism and other neurological and respiratory diseases has also drastically risen. Coincidence? Possibly so. I believe in the last 30 years the preservatives and additives in foods have changed as well. And we should include other things, such as contaminants in the air as well.

Had a good discussion with my wife last night on the issue, which was the first we've sat down and really talked about it.

Last edited by n david; 10-15-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: *added line