Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Let me testify one more time

I was just sitting here thinking...................

One year ago tomorrow, Walt was still in the rehab center. He had only been walking for a short time and most of the time was still getting around in a wheelchair. He could only walk for short distances. He was still using a scoop plate for his meals and eating with the chunky silverware because his hands weren't back to normal yet. He was still getting speech therapy because he couldn't remember which day of the week it was for more than a few minutes.

And yet this wonderful man, with all that he had to deal with at that point, figured out a way to co-ordinate a group of people to do his bidding and he was able to throw a surprise birthday party for me at the rehab center.

I want to tell you, folks, I am sitting here weeping. God is so good to me. First he gave me the best husband any woman could ever ask for in the world. And then He restored to me that same man. Technically, according to all the doctors have said, I should be a widow today. And if not a widow, then I should still be visiting Walt in a nursing home where he is not supposed to even be able to recognize me or speak to me. Instead - he is back to work full time; he is able to be active in our church and in the fire department and in the school and in our boys activities; and he is still here with me where we can share our lives together.

Is God good - or what!!!!!!!!!!

I know you all are probably tired of hearing this, but I just had to say it one more time. Thanks for listening. And thanks for being such a big part of the whole miracle - your prayers were vital!!!! I appreciate every one of them!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

I appreciate your sharing this testimony, margies3!!!.......God is so good to us. I'm glad your husband is still doing well.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLady View Post
I appreciate your sharing this testimony, margies3!!!.......God is so good to us. I'm glad your husband is still doing well.
Thanks, TalkLady. Me too!!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

I remember that dark time for you. God is so good. Keep reminding us and praising God for what He has done.