Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 05-10-2021, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

It's the one single thing the Roman Catholic Church pretty much understands correctly: people are generally either too dumb or too personally biased to be allowed to determine doctrine for themselves.

Scripture? j/k

I don't disagree with the statement, but just out of curiosity, do you know if RCC has stated this explicitly anywhere?
Old 05-10-2021, 03:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Scripture? j/k

I don't disagree with the statement, but just out of curiosity, do you know if RCC has stated this explicitly anywhere?
Just about every catholic I have ever discussed doctrine has stated that in one form or another.

Holy Tradition, Magisterium, and Ecumenical Councils decide doctrine per the RCC, individuals reading the Bible for themselves and identifying doctrine lead to schism, heresy, blasphemy, the multiplication of sects, and (according to Traditionalists at least) the proliferation of humanism, degeneracy, and the downfall of western civilisation.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-10-2021, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Just about every catholic I have ever discussed doctrine has stated that in one form or another.

Holy Tradition, Magisterium, and Ecumenical Councils decide doctrine per the RCC, individuals reading the Bible for themselves and identifying doctrine lead to schism, heresy, blasphemy, the multiplication of sects, and (according to Traditionalists at least) the proliferation of humanism, degeneracy, and the downfall of western civilisation.
Certainly for me there is the idea that we should decide as a church (that definition can be left vague for our purposes just now) what correct doctrine is.

Quote:
the proliferation of humanism, degeneracy, and the downfall of western civilisation.
you've met those guys too then
Old 06-26-2021, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Gen 20:3 - But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife
Old 06-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
Gen 20:3 - But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife
Point being?
Old 03-22-2022, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

I told someone yesterday that separation and divorce are legal things. They don't become spiritual things until you re-marry.

Meaning Separation and Divorce by itself is not wrong. It becomes wrong when you remarry.

Was I wrong?

I don't think I was but I do appreciate other perspectives. I care about truth according to the Word.
Philippians 2:12 - ...Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism

1 Corinthians 1:10 - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith ...
Old 03-22-2022, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Why would someone get a divorce unless there is a spiritual problem? Not loving your spouse, not forgiving your spouse, not nurturing or providing for your spouse, etc…. There is no legitimate reason for a Christian couple to separate and divorce that is spiritually o.k. We make vows the day of our wedding in the sight of God, and those vows are not fulfilled while we are separated . Although, if separation occurs we are to remain single or be reconciled (only biblical alternative).
Old 03-22-2022, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Why would someone get a divorce unless there is a spiritual problem? Not loving your spouse, not forgiving your spouse, not nurturing or providing for your spouse, etc…. There is no legitimate reason for a Christian couple to separate and divorce that is spiritually o.k. We make vows the day of our wedding in the sight of God, and those vows are not fulfilled while we are separated . Although, if separation occurs we are to remain single or be reconciled (only biblical alternative).
Except that you are wrong (biblically).
Old 03-22-2022, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Except that you are wrong (biblically).
1 Corinthians 7:10
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
1 Corinthians 7:11
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

How is making a vow to God to love, honor, and cherish for better or worse till death do we part not a spiritual problem if we break? It is a covenant relationship that can only be broken by death or infidelity. The Bible compares marriage to his relationship with the church.