Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: New Forum Section...The Garden Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
How about a bacon section???
Bacon deserves it's own section!!
We need a Bacon emoticon, TheMrs.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Where is that "yawn" emoticon?

If we are going to have a gardening area then we need a "Firearms / Hunting" area!
.....and prepping!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

I'm in...love gardening...flowers and veggies!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
.....and prepping!
Absolutely! (I just ordered twelve 28oz cans of hamburger meat with a shelf life of 12-15 years to go with my short term prepper food storage which consists of canned chicken breast, tuna, etc with a shelf life of a couple of years)
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Absolutely! (I just ordered twelve 28oz cans of hamburger meat with a shelf life of 12-15 years to go with my short term prepper food storage which consists of canned chicken breast, tuna, etc with a shelf life of a couple of years)
OK, you have to post a link to where you got that.

My wife is in charge of pantry food storage and I'm in charge of longer term stuff. I have 6 buckets of various Wise Food Storage brand stuff along with 2 more of Chef's Banquet ARK 1 Month Food Storage Supply (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Along with food, I have a half a dozen roll of aluminum foil, several boxes of plastic utensils, extra packages of paper plates and cups, and lots and lots of matches.

Oh yes, also in charge of security.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:

My wife is in charge of pantry food storage and I'm in charge of longer term stuff. I have 6 buckets of various Wise Food Storage brand stuff along with 2 more of Chef's Banquet ARK 1 Month Food Storage Supply (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Along with food, I have a half a dozen roll of aluminum foil, several boxes of plastic utensils, extra packages of paper plates and cups, and lots and lots of matches.

I have some samples of Wise food and I plan on buying some buckets of Wise Food, or eFood, etc.

I have been buying a lot of gun, camping, and now emergency food from an online store I discovered about three months ago. I have bought so much from them they have a statue of me in their lobby I believe.

For $29.99 you can join their "club" and get the lower club pricing which is usually the same or a little less on things than I find at Amazon or similar online stores. Once you join they send you a gift card for $20 so the net cost is ten bucks. The advantage of ordering here for me is that if you order $150 or more at a time you can check a box where they split the charges on your debit card or credit card evenly over four months / payments with no interest. This lets me buy bigger ticket items without as much $$$ pain at one time! There are also promo codes all the time for $10, $15, off that covers most of the shipping charges. The store is "Sportsmans Guide" and here is the link to the page with the canned hamburger meat. I believe Amazon has it for a similar price. SG also sells the Wise buckets of food, Mountain House, and a few other brands.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...aspx?a=1107454
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
How about a bacon section???

Praise the Lard!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
We've created a new section in The Playground...The Garden Path

For those with Green Thumbs....share your best secrets, or share your beautiful garden ideas!

Oh, thank you so much! I just know I'm gonna love it!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I have some samples of Wise food and I plan on buying some buckets of Wise Food, or eFood, etc.

I have been buying a lot of gun, camping, and now emergency food from an online store I discovered about three months ago. I have bought so much from them they have a statue of me in their lobby I believe.

For $29.99 you can join their "club" and get the lower club pricing which is usually the same or a little less on things than I find at Amazon or similar online stores. Once you join they send you a gift card for $20 so the net cost is ten bucks. The advantage of ordering here for me is that if you order $150 or more at a time you can check a box where they split the charges on your debit card or credit card evenly over four months / payments with no interest. This lets me buy bigger ticket items without as much $$$ pain at one time! There are also promo codes all the time for $10, $15, off that covers most of the shipping charges. The store is "Sportsmans Guide" and here is the link to the page with the canned hamburger meat. I believe Amazon has it for a similar price. SG also sells the Wise buckets of food, Mountain House, and a few other brands.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...aspx?a=1107454
ATTENTION: Thread HIJACK ALERT!

Ok CC1, since you're an administrator, why not set up your own Gun/Hunting Forum section.... and while you're at it, set up one for Survival for RW!!! (of course for the rest of the members who are interested in survival too)
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Bacon deserves it's own section!!
We need a Bacon emoticon, TheMrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Praise the Lard!!!!!