Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 01-26-2019, 05:40 AM
Banned

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Is it true that Islam forbids music except for prayer chanting? (Probably in a hadith somewhere?) So that qawwali is actually verboten?
Islam does not forbid music anywhere. Some of the islamic imams and teachers are like rigid UPC pastors who teach that christmas trees, short sleeves, swimsuits, TV (say that while you’re on the internet? Really?), and most “non-approved” music etc etc etc is all sinful then spiritually and emotionally eviscerate you if you do any of that. When those people get to take charge god help the folks they take charge of.

Prolly why the authors of our constitution took some time to nail that down.

Great to be back in Texas. Believe we’ll settle down for awhile.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaias View Post
dinner on the grounds shalt include barbeque (the real stuff) and mashed taters.

Let him who playeth a fiddle keep silent in church, unless there be also both a banjo and banjo player present.

Let your women crank it up on the hammond, no limits on the volume level.

Wherever two or more are gathered together and have at least one tambourine, thou shalt have church.

Wood floors preferred (for exercising the gift of foot stompin').

Snakes optional. Rattlers not included.

Helicopter whirl only if wearing a wig/toupee.

Guitar players must wear plaid, long sleeve work shirts, and justin boots.

No southern accent? Not to be on the platform, but git in that pray'r lahn, gonna have some hands a-laid on ya.

Preachers must have mouth on microphone when speaking, and sound man shall set both gain and volume to "11".

I'm sure there's more. At least, prolly oughtta be more.
lolll.....
Old 01-27-2019, 11:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Islam does not forbid music anywhere. Some of the islamic imams and teachers are like rigid UPC pastors who teach that christmas trees, short sleeves, swimsuits, TV (say that while you’re on the internet? Really?), and most “non-approved” music etc etc etc is all sinful then spiritually and emotionally eviscerate you if you do any of that. When those people get to take charge god help the folks they take charge of.

Prolly why the authors of our constitution took some time to nail that down.

Great to be back in Texas. Believe we’ll settle down for awhile.
So, no fatwas against my Fateh Ali Khan (Nusrat, the best) CD? At least none I need worry about?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-28-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Esaias;1557381]So, no fatwas against my Fateh Ali Khan (Nusrat, the best) CD? At least none I need worry about? [/QUOTE

😂😂😂 Are they still after him?
Advice though: You blast that stuff out up there and you might trigger a “see something say something” call from one of your neighbors. Paperwork you may not need. Just sayin’ 😂😂😂
Old 01-28-2019, 11:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

������ Are they still after him?
Advice though: You blast that stuff out up there and you might trigger a “see something say something” call from one of your neighbors. Paperwork you may not need. Just sayin’ ������
Ha! Plus my beard... but my daughter said I look more redneck than most of the locals. Cant be any worse than some of the kids in their lifted 4x4s with rebel flag stickers but blasting out Soulja Boy or Tupac.

I do get funny looks though when I'm cranking out my Wolfe Tones (Irish rebel music).

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-29-2019, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ha! Plus my beard... but my daughter said I look more redneck than most of the locals. Cant be any worse than some of the kids in their lifted 4x4s with rebel flag stickers but blasting out Soulja Boy or Tupac.

I do get funny looks though when I'm cranking out my Wolfe Tones (Irish rebel music).
pffft

You are about 10 gallons of Stetson from claiming the right of way up there Tex
Old 01-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
pffft

You are about 10 gallons of Stetson from claiming the right of way up there Tex
Stetson = cowboy. Redneck means ball cap with massively bent brim and torn edges.

I like my F350 dually flatbed, but I also like my all black Lexus with tinted windows. Every calls it our Russian Mob Car. Goes great with my trench coat.

Good thing you're back stateside, from what I hear Saudi is getting a wee bit crazy these days.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Stetson = cowboy. Redneck means ball cap with massively bent brim and torn edges.

I like my F350 dually flatbed, but I also like my all black Lexus with tinted windows. Every calls it our Russian Mob Car. Goes great with my trench coat.

Good thing you're back stateside, from what I hear Saudi is getting a wee bit crazy these days.

Impeccable timing as it turns out. I don’t believe in luck, so it musta been something else.
Hmmmm That black mob car’s a lot of fun ‘til summer de-dusting season and it’s gotta be de-particulated two or three times a week. June-ish is when the “what was I thinking” color selection moment descends. I see the signs. Hadda get my wife one when we got back-she picked black. Sigh. LOL
Old 03-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

It is as foolish to blindly follow a radical minister as it is to blindly follow a radical Imam. Followers of both Islam and Christianity are guilty, equally so, of this foolishness.
Islam was not spread by a sword
and those who have corrupted Islam with violence neither represent followers of the Quran nor the teachings of the Prophet.
Pagans of Mecca are painted as the bad guys. They were just trying to keep the poor innovator down. While they were overcharging pagan pilgrims who would come to Mecca. Mohammad is the Martin Luther, Siddhartha Gautama Buddha, all revamping the religion to make it more user friendly. But the real problem is one eyed, hook handed Imams in New York? Arrh Bismillah Jim me boy! It's like a Mormon who only follows the book of Mormon, and rejects, the D&C. Or a Rabbinical Jew who claims he is Torah only. Islam isn't jacked up because it is only adhering to the Quran. Islam has a canon of six hadiths, which are somewhere in the park of over 2,000 hadiths. Which (depending on who you talk to) are either authentic or not. But, our resident fake Muslim when he came here 10 years ago, this was the mantra of the Obama years. Terrorists, or the exploding Muslim was just a fringe group. Not all Muslims hate the innovator, or infidel. There are just good old Texan born Muslims like Jim here, who just keeps the 5 pillars of Islam. Why? Because Islam is a religion of Peace. Everyone in his masjid are eating tacos and fried chicken. They all stand and say the pledge of allegiance, and act like the Waltons at bedtime. If you believe that, then Warren Jeffs wasn't a Mormon.

Quote:
The (5) pillars of Islam are:

1. Belief in the one and only one true God and the worship of none other (familiar?)
2. Prayer. Regular, daily prayer. (familiar?)
3. Fasting. There are both required and recommended fasting times. (familiar?)
4. Charity. It is required that a specific portion of your income and property must go to charity. Preference is in physical goods to the truly needy. (familiar?)
5. Return to roots. Every Muslim, if able, is required to make at least one prigramage to Mecca, site of a place of worship to God originally built by Abraham. This is a requirement of the Prophet but I do not believe this is specifically required in the Quran.
I guess you weren't paying any "mine" to spellcheck back then?

Anyway, 5 pillar Muslims are what we were getting push to accept back ten years ago. This was the mantra which the liberals were bouncing on their knee. Justin Trudeau parading it hand in hand with Barack Hussein Obama.
5 Pillar Muslims were supposed to be Kinder than Jesus. Muhammad was really misunderstood by his mean nasty Pagan peers. Also Muslims like ISIS, and those who fly planes into buildings are the fringe. Really, there is no truth to the stories that Muslims really don't like you, and would like to rule the world.

Quote:

See extra things on the news shows? It represents the few thousand out of over a billion Muslims who have taken bits and pieces of teachings and strung them together for their own ends. See comments above on that subject.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Pagans of Mecca are painted as the bad guys. They were just trying to keep the poor innovator down. While they were overcharging pagan pilgrims who would come to Mecca. Mohammad is the Martin Luther, Siddhartha Gautama Buddha, all revamping the religion to make it more user friendly. But the real problem is one eyed, hook handed Imams in New York? Arrh Bismillah Jim me boy! It's like a Mormon who only follows the book of Mormon, and rejects, the D&C. Or a Rabbinical Jew who claims he is Torah only. Islam isn't jacked up because it is only adhering to the Quran. Islam has a canon of six hadiths, which are somewhere in the park of over 2,000 hadiths. Which (depending on who you talk to) are either authentic or not. But, our resident fake Muslim when he came here 10 years ago, this was the mantra of the Obama years. Terrorists, or the exploding Muslim was just a fringe group. Not all Muslims hate the innovator, or infidel. There are just good old Texan born Muslims like Jim here, who just keeps the 5 pillars of Islam. Why? Because Islam is a religion of Peace. Everyone in his masjid are eating tacos and fried chicken. They all stand and say the pledge of allegiance, and act like the Waltons at bedtime. If you believe that, then Warren Jeffs wasn't a Mormon.

I guess you weren't paying any "mine" to spellcheck back then?

Anyway, 5 pillar Muslims are what we were getting push to accept back ten years ago. This was the mantra which the liberals were bouncing on their knee. Justin Trudeau parading it hand in hand with Barack Hussein Obama.
5 Pillar Muslims were supposed to be Kinder than Jesus. Muhammad was really misunderstood by his mean nasty Pagan peers. Also Muslims like ISIS, and those who fly planes into buildings are the fringe. Really, there is no truth to the stories that Muslims really don't like you, and would like to rule the world.

10 years ago we were in Saudi. Thanks for re-opening my old thread LOL