Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Not riding the train

Why I will not be voting for Romney

I'm voting my conscience and will not be voting for either candidate, if that gives Obama the win, so be it. I won't be voting for a Bishop of the Mormon church. That flies in the face of the basic tenent of Christianity - God has always existed.

I hadn't really studied this before. My mother and I were talking and we both agreed that something was bothering us, but we didn't know what it was. Now I know and I refuse to vote for Romney.

You can say that Obama is a Muslim, but you can't actually prove that. And I'm not saying he is not. I don't know. But, I know that Romney's beliefs are not Christian - whatever Mr. Smiley Olsteen seems to think.

"Mormons believe that god was once a created being (Elohim), that he was the most righteous of the created beings on his "earth" and, because of his righteousness, became a god. Elohim has a number of children, the first two are Jesus and Lucifer, or Satan. And, Mormons teach that everyone on earth is also a physical child of Elohim, or god. Mormons further teach that "As we are now, god once was. As god is now, we can become." In other words, if you live a righteous life, you, too, if you are male, and until the 1970s, if you were a white male, could achieve godhood and create your own earth. That is the ultimate goal of the Mormon."

"Christians, on the other hand, believe that God has always existed, that He is not a created being. We believe that Jesus is the first-born of God, and that Satan is a created angel, not a child of God, who rebelled against God. Christians hold that Jesus is fully God and was never a created being. From the orthodox Christian side, it is this dichotomy on the nature of God and Christ that makes Mormons, and Muslims, non-Christians."

I'll take my chances on an Obama win (Of course, Romney could possibly win without my vote and that is fine) and the American people continuing the fight to support our Constitution. There are people who have been fighting and will continue to fight. We can look to the House and Senate this next term and hopefully, get a few Conservatives in the Senate to hold Obama at bay. Then, perhaps, we can put in a REAL conservative in 2016.

I could care less about Romney's economic experience. That is not the most important thing to me. Not only his Mormon faith, but his seeming to move toward a more conservative stance the last two years in order to gear up for an election is not a sale for me. I've never supported him and I never will.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Why I will not be voting for Romney

PO,
You have expressed your opinion and your decision to not vote in this upcoming election. You have to do what you have to do.

I look at it a little differently.
I am choosing a President, not a Pastor.
The USA is not a theocracy ruled by God through the church and its rules.

I may not agree with Mitt Romney on some things. I wish we had a more conservative candidate but it looks like he will be the one to win the Republican nomination. We currently have a "two party" system. We may have other candidates from which we may choose but only one of the candidates from one of the two major parties will win. I cannot vote for Barack Obama for several reasons and I do not want him to continue to lead our country. So, I have to vote for Mitt Romney to register a vote against Barack Obama. Does Mitt Romney represent everything I believe in? No, but he is closer than BHO so I believe I have to vote for Romney and against Obama to release us from him and his power over us.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Forever Loved Admin

She will vote, Sam. Just not for Romney or Obama.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned

I see very little difference between the two. It all depends on if someone is willing to vote for the devil they know or the devil they don't.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I see very little difference between the two. It all depends on if someone is willing to vote for the devil they know or the devil they don't.
Yeah, there is little difference between the two.
That's what there has been so little discussion about this here.
That's why everyone is like. "well they are so close, I'll just flip a quarter to see who to vote for."
Amazing...

(The above was posted with some sarcasm implied.)
Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfz6p...eature=related
Old 05-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I would vote for Romney myself.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

me too ,although i protest voted for nader one time instead of george senior
Old 05-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I have good friends who are Mormons,I feel so sad they are lost.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
PO,
You have expressed your opinion and your decision to not vote in this upcoming election. You have to do what you have to do.

I look at it a little differently.
I am choosing a President, not a Pastor.
The USA is not a theocracy ruled by God through the church and its rules.

I may not agree with Mitt Romney on some things. I wish we had a more conservative candidate but it looks like he will be the one to win the Republican nomination. We currently have a "two party" system. We may have other candidates from which we may choose but only one of the candidates from one of the two major parties will win. I cannot vote for Barack Obama for several reasons and I do not want him to continue to lead our country. So, I have to vote for Mitt Romney to register a vote against Barack Obama. Does Mitt Romney represent everything I believe in? No, but he is closer than BHO so I believe I have to vote for Romney and against Obama to release us from him and his power over us.
This is where you and I disgree. I believe that many too easily forget who it was that gave us our country - the United States of America - in the first place. The Founding Fathers attested to His providence. That gift gives us not only the right, but the responsibility to vote in the way that is acceptable to Him.

This will be the first time in history that Americans would "willingly" vote for a man who does not represent the basic tenent of the Christian faith - that God is Alpha, Omega, beginning and the end.

I have posted everything I didn't like about Romney and all the while something kept pressing on me. I couldn't identify what that feeling was or what bothered me so much.. I didn't want to fight against Romney for no good reason, but I couldn't get away from what I felt (aside from his flip-flopping record). Just yesterday or Saturday, I found out what was bothering me when I looked into the Mormon religion.

Today, I feel at peace with my decision. I feel a heavy weight has finally lifted.

I will vote my conscience. We say we believe in God, but we are fighting against Him if we allow this man to represent our great Christian nation. We have two bad choices before us. A test before us. What will we do? Will we uphold the foundation of Christianity or sell out to others. I can't do it. I won't do it. He may win without the votes from our household, but I can look at God and say - I didn't sell out.