Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 AM
friendly to the sinners

Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

I wanted to start a new thread for gun pics, memes, conversation and review. I realize we have a gun ban thread going that has evolved into a gun review thread, but I figure a thread on just the guns themselves would be in order. So with that in mind... post some pics of your gun with some details, plans and purpose for it or other gun related commentary, links or pics
This is my carry gun: Para "wart hog" .45. Small frame 1911. I really like this gun, very accurate, well balanced and well built. It just has a that "feel" of quality. Only negative would be its weight. little on the heavy side for its size, still worth the trade-off for good recoil control.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by endtimer; 02-02-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 AM
friendly to the sinners

Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Good news: Was in Gander Mountain today and was told ARs are sporadically coming in 1 or 2 at a time. Used AR from private sellers are still off the charts expensive. My brother told me he saw A Colt selling for 2200 on consignment at a local shop. Normally a $1,100.00 gun.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM

My carry: Springfield XDM Sub compact 3.8, 9mm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (82.0 KB, 7 views)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 02-02-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM

My nighttime emergency break in, or while Im gone and my wife and kids are at home quickly accessible gun. I keep it in the very center of my bed, somewhat hard to reach between the mattresses.

Rock Island Armory 1911 .45
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (103.1 KB, 5 views)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM

And this one if things get way outa hand...Smith & Wesson MP15

All my other guns are deer rifles and shotguns for duck and turkey hunting. Not really my guns for defense, but could be...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.0 KB, 6 views)

Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

I don't have any photo's of it directly (yet) but my bed side "what I grab first if someone breaks into the house at night" gun is my Ruger P95 9mm with a full mag of Critical Defense ammo along with a 2nd mag of the same next to it AND a couple of 32 round extended mags (filled with cheaper range ammo) a few more feet away.

The gun I always have on my is my Ruger LC9, but am working on getting used to my Glock 19 since I really do not like the LC9's 7 round magazines. I have several more guns hidden around the house, and this is before even getting into the ones my wife has by the bed (a Springfield XD-45 which is NOT a compact).

Last edited by RandyWayne; 02-02-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Just ordered 4 30-round AR mags from Cheaper Than Dirt!. They JUST posted a small in-stock quantity of them for 29.99 each.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 PM

R.W: "I have several more guns hidden around the house"...
killin me.

Those MagPul antitilt /jam followers are the way to go too, if u get the chance to get some. About 45 seconds to change each one out.

Last edited by shag; 02-02-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 PM

Any new news on magazine bans?

Last edited by shag; 02-02-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:36 PM
friendly to the sinners

Nice guns there shag. Didnt know the XDM had a grip safety, real cool. The M&P is insane. what are the details on the scope? Im researching them now, plan to get one soon. Havent heard any thing new on the ban proposal other than there were hearings, Gabby Giffords knocked it out of the park for the gun grabbers and Wayne Lopier poorly represented gun enthusiasts.

Last edited by endtimer; 02-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.