Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:56 AM
Registered Member

Re: Oneness vs Monotheism

[QUOTE=Apostolic1ness;1556770][QUOTE=peter83;1556760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post

1)You missunderstand me.Or better you are between Scriopture and Oneness Jesus is the Father. and gave his name to His Son:
John 17:' Holy Father, keep through thine own name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are]." (original text)
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Right? So yes Jesus is the Faather manifest in flesh (he did not became flesh He came IN flesh.

2)And the Son yes i told both that is the image of the invisible God, nobody ever saw God ,but the Son revealed to us. God was in Christ. Christ means anointed. He was anointed by the Spirit of God. "God did Jesus both Lord and Christ" Glory to God.

3)My belief os consistent with Scripture. I am not oneness or trinitarian or anything. Not theology. Just Bible.

4) Here it is. I Believe Jesus was God in flesh ,amen
I dont believe that God became flesh, neither that the Son was God himself, for nobody can see God and live, He was his Son
(Father=Deity,Son=Humanity)

Do you listen that message (is small) and i think you will better understand the difference. God bless you more and more and give you everyday more revelation of His Son. Amen

I listened to the video. This man gives no information on his belief. He only said oneness is not a word found in the bible.

I agree the word oneness is not in the bible. Oneness is a word that describes the belief that God is one. And that is in the bible.

He says that oneness doctrine takes away from the doctrine of Jesus.
again he is wrong. The teaching that God is one exalts the doctrine of Christ and magnifies Jesus as the All Mighty God and Lord of lords.

It seems you nor the men in the videos can explain your views of Jesus and in no way have shown the oneness view to be in error.

The fact is the oneness doctrine can never be proven wrong.
Monotheism describes the God is one, Oneness describes the role of sonship that the Father took and is not in the Bible for the rest i agree.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Oneness have allowed Trins to set the definition of "modalism". Its just a word that means God can be God and at the same time man. Trins say Oneness are modalist....and then give their.....own....definition of the term which to my knowledge no Oneness teacher believes.

They define it as God had to quit being God so he could become the Son of God. Then he had to quit being the Son so he could be the Spirit. Then sometimes he switches back and forth between the three.

If anyone knows a Oneness that teaches this let me know.
Yes that was a trinity form.
Modalism was also a trinitarian heresy that at 200 after Christ. They believed that God changed modes and was speaking like Father and then like Son . He changed modes ..that was a heresy too and there are many today in oneness.
i dont say all oneness are like that, bat they are many. some of them go farther and teach tha God had a role as the Son they dont teach that God gave birth to the Son but they say .God came AS the Son...
thanks to God there are not many.
Modaluists however wil say again and again the God became a man, you will never listen from them that Jesus the is Son of God.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Peter

Modalism was also a trinitarian heresy that at 200 after Christ. They believed that God changed modes and was speaking like Father and then like Son . He changed modes ..that was a heresy too and there are many today in oneness.
Name one Teacher or Pastor who teaches this.

Just because Word Prophet says it is so doesnt mean that it is.

Name one.

Quote:
Modaluists however wil say again and again the God became a man, you will never listen from them that Jesus the is Son of God.
Now THIS is another issue. This is not "Modalism" or Biblical Oneness. There are some Churches and believers who say Jesus is not PRESENTLY the Son of God. From what I understand I think this is a small minority among Oneness.

They are confused and if indeed the Trins will be lost for believing Jesus is God the Son these would be just as lost if indeed they believe Jesus is not Gods Son.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-16-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Name one Teacher or Pastor who teaches this.

Just because Word Prophet says it is so doesnt mean that it is.

Name one.

Now THIS is another issue. This is not "Modalism" or Biblical Oneness. There are some Churches and believers who say Jesus is not PRESENTLY the Son of God. From what I understand I think this is a small minority among Oneness.

They are confused and if indeed the Trins will be lost for believing Jesus is God the Son these would be just as lost if indeed they believe Jesus is not Gods Son.
Ι am not after WordProphet.
I dodnt give any names
all preachers who teach that the son is a mode or role are under this heresy.
I name the doctrine called "oneness" and not all people ,but only preachers with those characteristics:
They preach only God in flesh, but never use the word Son of God,
Peach the sonship of God, or the role as Son , or a mode called son etc.
they teach God died, God became flesh.
others teach that Jesus had a holy-body ,that could not sin, (sinse he was the Father that became flesh) and so was not a flesh like ours!
Names are not necessary, you know is the doctrine, of you know someone speak or teach that, you know what happens
God bless you.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
I dodnt give any names
I name the doctrine called "oneness" and not all people ,but only preachers with those characteristics:
others teach that Jesus had a holy-body ,that could not sin, (sinse he was the Father that became flesh) and so was not a flesh like ours!
Names are not necessary, you know is the doctrine, of you know someone speak or teach that, you know what happens
God bless you.
Obviously no Oneness Pastor or Teacher in America teaches this warbled, distorted lie. If there was you would name them. You have simply ingested the lies and twistings of Word Prophet.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Obviously no Oneness Pastor or Teacher in America teaches this warbled, distorted lie. If there was you would name them. You have simply ingested the lies and twistings of Word Prophet.
Οκ if you dont know nobody thanks to God.
But i dont say what the WordProphet, said.
Many people (all) of God we believe the same and we are aware of that heresy.
if you dont like the Prophet take an other although the brother who upload this video says "the oneness of God" but is not of the Preacher, Gino just looking strange when someone says "i am oneness")
Old 01-16-2019, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I dodnt give any names
God bless you.
Divine flesh doctrine is a dangerous false teaching. But I don’t get your problem with the word “ role “. My role to my wife is a husband not a dad and my role to my kids is a dad and not a husband. When I go to my job my role is an employee. I have many different roles in my life depending on what I’m doing. The difference between my example of a role and God being in a role is that he does all the roles simultaneously because he doesn’t have human limitations.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Divine flesh doctrine is a dangerous false teaching. But I don’t get your problem with the word “ role “. My role to my wife is a husband not a dad and my role to my kids is a dad and not a husband. When I go to my job my role is an employee. I have many different roles in my life depending on what I’m doing. The difference between my example of a role and God being in a role is that he does all the roles simultaneously because he doesn’t have human limitations.
amen.
yes but to say that God played a role called the son, makes God liar ,because we dont have a Father that is also Son , we have a Father communicate with His Son, speak with him and love him.
So is the same dangerous to say God pretending to be his son, were the Bible say ,that God had literally a Son. amen.
(for example when Jesus cried and prayed to His Father ,was really that, the man (flesh) Jesus prayed to His Father, it was not that God prayed or acting like praying .)
God bless.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
amen.
yes but to say that God played a role called the son, makes God liar ,because we dont have a Father that is also Son , we have a Father communicate with His Son, speak with him and love him.
So is the same dangerous to say God pretending to be his son, were the Bible say ,that God had literally a Son. amen.
(for example when Jesus cried and prayed to His Father ,was really that, the man (flesh) Jesus prayed to His Father, it was not that God prayed or acting like praying .)
God bless.
Nobody says he “ played “ a role, but he took on the role of a son. But one deity did not pray to another deity. It’s simple. The humanity that was “ begotten “ ( that means it was not eternal but born ) prayed to the spirit/diety/father. Jesus was 100% the God and 100% deity. Grafted together.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Nobody says he “ played “ a role, but he took on the role of a son. But one deity did not pray to another deity. It’s simple. The humanity that was “ begotten “ ( that means it was not eternal but born ) prayed to the spirit/diety/father. Jesus was 100% the God and 100% deity. Grafted together.
So 100% Father and 100% Son. The Son prayed to the Father.,the Son was born, was tempted by satan, died etc. and finally God raided up the Son..and gave him his glory..his name etc. Amen. (doctrine of Chrsit,or "doctrine of the anointed one")